1992/93 lineup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now......does anybody know what the formation was back in 1992/93? Was it 4-5-1? So far I've got this;
Thorsvedt in goal,
Centre backs Ruddock and Mabutt,
Right back Austin, left back Edinburgh,
Anderton on the right wing

Who played in the centre of the midfield? Who was the left winger? Did Sheringham play as a lone striker? If not who was his strike partner?

Very close to going down that season if memory serves me correctly. Perhaps the season after that but there weren't many happy years after 91. Ah joys if been a Spurs boy.

92/93 was a great season - I went to loads of games.
previous year we'd been piss with Peter shreeve, gazza and lineker left and Paul Stewart - but we bought Anderton who was a top young prospect and teddy for big cash. Razor ruddock returned. First half of season was a bit bland but we kicked around Xmas playing some amazing stuff - shitting on Southampton in 4goals in 4mins, one of the best 45mins agains wimbledon in the cup, 4-0 v Leeds with teddy hatrick and Lee chapman stretchered off.
Heart was broken by defeat to the scum in the cup semi. The lane was rocking for the next game though and we pounded Norwich 5-1. It was a new dawn of young talent and exciting football and then the club went to the shit and sugar/venables kicked off and everyone fucked off.

previous year we'd been piss with Peter shreeve, gazza and lineker left and Paul Stewart - but we bought Anderton who was a top young prospect and teddy for big cash. Razor ruddock returned. First half of season was a bit bland but we kicked around Xmas playing some amazing stuff - shitting on Southampton in 4goals in 4mins, one of the best 45mins agains wimbledon in the cup, 4-0 v Leeds with teddy hatrick and Lee chapman stretchered off.
Heart was broken by defeat to the scum in the cup semi. The lane was rocking for the next game though and we pounded Norwich 5-1. It was a new dawn of young talent and exciting football and then the club went to the shit and sugar/venables kicked off and everyone fucked off.

Was a good year, full of hope we'd signed Teddy and Dazza. We played some great stuff. Then we got to that Semi, my first trip to Wembley. How sick did I feel when Donkey won the fucking derby. Then the Sugar vs Venables thing. At least the following season saw the dawn of Ossie as our manager.

Was a good year, full of hope we'd signed Teddy and Dazza. We played some great stuff. Then we got to that Semi, my first trip to Wembley. How sick did I feel when Donkey won the fucking derby. Then the Sugar vs Venables thing. At least the following season saw the dawn of Ossie as our manager.
I loved ossie the player but he was a terrible manager. His first season was so depressing even Mikey hazard coming back couldn't brighten the gloom

That's how I remember it, it was a kick in the teeth losing in the semi final to that lot, but I actually thought we were starting to put together a good team with a bit of backbone, then Sugar and Venables decided to fall out. The start of the following season I think saw Ossie brought in, complete with his heart attack football, sugar rowing with fans, the Paxton ( they sung in those days!!) Still singing about el tel.............these days are bloody halcyon even if I am still pissed off about the end of last season

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now......does anybody know what the formation was back in 1992/93? Was it 4-5-1? So far I've got this;
Thorsvedt in goal,
Centre backs Ruddock and Mabutt,
Right back Austin, left back Edinburgh,
Anderton on the right wing

Who played in the centre of the midfield? Who was the left winger? Did Sheringham play as a lone striker? If not who was his strike partner?

1992–93 Tottenham Hotspur F.C. season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most of that .z90s
That's how I remember it, it was a kick in the teeth losing in the semi final to that lot, but I actually thought we were starting to put together a good team with a bit of backbone, then Sugar and Venables decided to fall out. The start of the following season I think saw Ossie brought in, complete with his heart attack football, sugar rowing with fans, the Paxton ( they sung in those days!!) Still singing about el tel.............these days are bloody halcyon even if I am still pissed off about the end of last season

Exactly people in other threads whinging about us not spending enough to challenge for titles. Bet some of those guys were not even born. What we have now compared to those really dark days of Sugar run Spurs is a fucking cake walk. I remember looking at the league to see that we when we had hit the magical 40 point mark and avoid relegation with regularity. I'm sure other guys that remember relegation in the 70s will say how those days we quite depressing before the glory that Burkinshaw and the 80s brought us.

Oh that semi final with Ruddock failing to pick up "his man", donkey Adams for their goal and then watching Merson simulate drinking a pint at the end before I threw a slipper at the tv n stormed off to the pub thoroughly gutted!

Last edited:
Oh that semi final with Ruddock failing to pick up "his man", donkey Adams for their goal and then watching Merson simulate drinking a pint at the end before I threw a slipper at the to n stormed off to the pub thoroughly gutted!
not to mention the stonewall penalty that we weren't given when that slag linighan hauled down Anderton

That semi final.....
I had bad feelings all the way to Wembley(was living in Walthamstow at the time)
Wanted to kill Merson,but to be fair he was only repeating what Gazza did in 91.
Got home and my other half decided to we should go out for a drink and a meal "to cheer me up".
The meal was bad enough in Crouch end (fair few gooners celebrating).But after she announced we were meeting her brother ...In Finsbury f**king Park!
It was an awful evening

not to mention the stonewall penalty that we weren't given when that slag linighan hauled down Anderton

Remember that and then that fucking twat O'Leary saying it was just one of those things at half time!

That semi final.....
I had bad feelings all the way to Wembley(was living in Walthamstow at the time)
Wanted to kill Merson,but to be fair he was only repeating what Gazza did in 91.
Got home and my other half decided to we should go out for a drink and a meal "to cheer me up".
The meal was bad enough in Crouch end (fair few gooners celebrating).But after she announced we were meeting her brother ...In Finsbury f**king Park!
It was an awful evening

I lived in Finsbury Park, even worse I went to my mate's after the match he only fucking lived opposite Highbury.

I remember to joy of going to Wembley for the first time. Only to be robbed at the end. Grrr

Back
Top Bottom