1882 Section??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carlito Brigante said:
Norwich. Awful. But the trend has been that way for year...definitely since Jol left.

That much is obvious, but why get your back up about a movement that will more than likely grow and spread naturally into PL games at some point?

Instead of making out like 1882 is pointless, you could make some efforts to try and organize groups to meet up and get an atmosphere going before the games, then get it going in the ground etc etc.

No point taking a swipe if you have no alternative, or approach yourself.

The question was "where are you lot at home games?"

OP, do you suppose that all of us going to the youth games, with the specific intention of raising a proper atmosphere regardless of events on the pitch, choose instead to sit down and boo when we're at games like the Norwich one?

Perhaps you are the only real fan inside the stadium on those days, and the rest of us become part of the self entitled boo boys?

I don't know why I'm bothering, it's obvious you're a scummer.

One of your lot said to me today that he wouldn't be attending the upcoming League Cup game against Coventry because he already spends enough time and money on a season ticket. Despite the fact he sells the ticket for about 95% of the games throughout the season, because he can't be bothered to go. He also said he was a real fan because he owns a season ticket despite the club not winning a trophy for seven years.

That's you lot all over really, isn't it? So piss off.

Éperons said:
If I'm asked to give a song, I think it'll be "AVB's Blue and White Army". Not exactly appropriate locally (NextGen match), but a bit of a statement of intent on a larger scale.
Probably a good chance of Avb being at the game Thursday.
so it would be good to show him some support.

Éperons said:
57 varieties said:
can appreciate what the 1882 thing is all about but please dont end up like "red action" down the road
I'm not familiar with them. Why would it be so bad to be like them?

they where the pre runner of the awayboyz... fair play to them, they tried to get some sound into the library! but looked what happened.

I have not heard of Red Action but I am confused how going to meeting up and supporting the youngsters can be constued as anything other than just supporting the club.

It's brilliant that no matter what you try to do, there's always someone that shows up with their dick in their hand ready to piss on it.

57 varieties said:
Éperons said:
57 varieties said:
can appreciate what the 1882 thing is all about but please dont end up like "red action" down the road
I'm not familiar with them. Why would it be so bad to be like them?

they where the pre runner of the awayboyz... fair play to them, they tried to get some sound into the library! but looked what happened.

This, this stuff is so forced and so new football.

The reason in my opinion is the cost of going to games and the ST situation, the average age at games is going up and up, lets face it when your in your 50s you are not going to want to be standing and singing.

New blood who can afford to go every week seem to be middle class wets who dont have a clue.

The days of working class 17 year olds getting on the shant with their mates and getting to a game are dead.

If we need a "singing section" at Spurs...we might as well admit defeat, buy a foam finger with "Go Spurs" on it, face paint up and play music after goals.

spooky said:
It's brilliant that no matter what you try to do, there's always someone that shows up with their dick in their hand ready to piss on it.

I would have more respect for a fans group that would finally standup to Levy on pricing and the way fans are treated.

Unlike the trust who just love to drop their trousers and lube up for tea and biscuits with the big little man.

Make football fun again.

spooky said:

That always happens to me when I try to wash my car

57 varieties said:

I for one agree with this 100% - Red Action are a total and utter embarrassment. On the plus side I don't think it will be anything like those mongs. The goons have always had shit support and luckily they hoovered up most of the JCL tarquins that where available over the last few years (which pretty much equate to RA).

Carlito Brigante said:
spooky said:

I would have more respect for a fans group that would finally standup to Levy on pricing and the way fans are treated.

Unlike the trust who just love to drop their trousers and lube up for tea and biscuits with the big little man.

Make football fun again.

Are the trusts still going? I think most of them are happy to be in the company of Spurs officials most of the time. I've also heard that the clubs attitude towards one particular group was bordering on bullying. I think the reality (and the reason grown men who remember the good old days are getting excited about a youth game) is because we're refusing to accept the inevitable. Although we'd happily admit modern football is rubbish. That's modern football in the UK. Some of the German clubs seem to have a handle on pricing and match day experience.

Perhaps what we're doing here (we've had contact with Spurs with 1882) is a first step towards something. I don't know, standing area in the new 'wall' end of the new stadium? Who knows? We have to play the game though. Football is business/investment and we're all replaceable. So we either deal with them or we walk away.

Thursday will be fun. Much like Charlton was amazing (and all that was was an away day). It's probably great because unlike any given weekend game at the Lane - there's no pressure. When there's pressure, that's when people forget what match days ought to be about.

spooky said:

i'm not trying to piss on your parade.. in fact if you can get any life into the fuckwits & jcls that now infect the lane youd have my admiration.
comprende.

Back
Top Bottom