1882 piece of writing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The article misses the point because its defeatist. 1882 is not claiming that all Spurs fans should be best friends (ffs, has he even read this forum???)

Whether the movement "succedes" or not is also a non issue, firstly, because as has been pointed out, the people involved are actually doing it, so its working. Literally.

Secondly, if it "fails" in his eyes, nothing has been lost, or opportunities wasted, as there was no alternative. It wasnt like the club said "You have a choice. 1882 or scrap the existing ST list in the new stadium".

His proposal can still happen and 1882 has no relevance to that.

He says "it wont achieve anything the way things stand."

What does he mean? That the atmosphere situation has to improve before 1882 can work? How does he expect that to happen, and if it did, what would be the point of 1882 (in terms of improving the atmosphere)

I didnt get half of what he was trying to say.

If I'm being brutally honest, I think he has a fair point (even if it came across in a unecessarilly patronising, condescending and self defeating way) as 1882 does face a number of challenges in the premier league.

However, Harry, your don't you think your article goes right against this clubs motto 'to dare is to do' or 'daring is achieving'?

I really do believe that when it comes to the youth team your wrong by a country mile. If I didn't have revision to do, I could write a ****ing book on it. Barcelona are a textbook example of this. Admittedly, 1882 might not achieve fans and youth players finding an identity with the club on that scale, but its a large step closer to it.

I say this as a guy who put on local gigs to try and increase interest in the live music scene in my town, we did face a number of challenges and we didn't fufil all the goals we'd have liked to, but we got something out of doing it, created a better atmosphere at gigs, got more people going to shows (both people who wouldn't normally go and people who had stopped going) and increased the amount of shows being put on, not even by us, it outgrew what we were doing!

This was on a much more smaller scale than to 1882 and I know that even if 1882 doesn't exceed past alot of peoples expectations, it will have a trickle down effect on the club as a whole in a positive way for decades, because I've seen it before.

shoot for the sky, you might hit the ceiling, shoot for the ceiling, you won't get off the ground.

Tbh I don't go to the 1882 things thinking that we're going to transform our atmosphere at pl games, I just go to enjoy them for what they are. And each one has been a right laugh and great day, so it's all been pretty successful in that sense.

Tbh I don't go to the 1882 things thinking that we're going to transform our atmosphere at pl games, I just go to enjoy them for what they are. And each one has been a right laugh and great day, so it's all been pretty successful in that sense.

Really? I go to get a look at case to restock my bank

I had an intervention. I've always dreamt of the day he takes a public pot shot at me, on his blog or Twitter. Decided not to incite. Up to him to grow some balls, skip the cryptics. Doubtful though. He hides behind alternate user-names and logins most days. Too scared to upset others and have his own 'popularity' (lol) dented.

The bell end is probably looking over the forum right now and see's himself as important as his article has become a discussion point on here.

Fuck him and his shit t-shirts.

If 1882 helps improve the atmosphere of just one game then in my opinion its a success.
The reason I fell in love with the game and Tottenham Hotspur is because of the intense, loud noise at WHL.

As the years keep going on and the atmosphere keeps getting worse and worse im slowly attending less games. I really only do Domestic and European away days now.

Will be there on monday to recoup the love that I have lost.

COYS :freundgoal:

Back
Top Bottom