1882 movement: smokebomb/pyro reaction

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Since the smoke bomb incident at Villa Park it has been suggested that the 1882 movement has been involved in some way. This is, categorically, untrue. The 1882 movement is simply a way for likeminded fans to get together and sing a few songs without feeling embarrassed by or ostracised from others in the crowd. It’s not a perfect system, and indeed there have been a fair few worthy criticisms since we started, but one of them isn’t that we encourage […]

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
To me 1882 is up there with the ICF, the head hunters, the soul crew and of course the infamous norwich chaos crew

chaos-crew1.jpg

Although I'm pretty sure @ AlMacca_ AlMacca_ and @ Kris Kris could have em.

I'm not against people having flares/smoke bombs, just don't throw them onto the fucking pitch where it could hit someone.

I'm not against people having flares/smoke bombs, just don't throw them onto the fucking pitch where it could hit someone.

Wasn't it established that the person threw it on to the pitch wasn't the person that set it off, and did so because the smoke was choking people?

Probably best that smoke bombs/flares are never let off in a crowded group of people.

Last edited:
@ 1882 1882 you in particular should be against the use of flairs. Anyone happens to wave one to close to you on a match day and you'll go up like Hiroshima

Gonna really have to take care... I don't even wanna think what it'll be like with the Sheriff game so close to Bonfire night!

Luckily i've sprayed fire retardant on every individual piece!

Probably about 5 or 6 years ago when we played Blackpool in the league cup around Bonfire night some spanner lit a firework and chucked it into the away gangway outside the ground.

That was properly fucking dangerous and I don't recall it ever been reported.

Back
Top Bottom