16/17 squad according to TFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who should be in next season's squad? Please read note in opening post before voting

• Bentaleb

• Son

• Mason

• Yedlin

• Vorm

• N'Jie

• Trippier

• Fazio

• Chadli

• Pritchard

• Wimmer

• Carroll

• Davies

• Ball

• Carter-Vickers

• McGee

• Oduwa

• Onomah

• Walkers-Peters

• Winks

• Edwards

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's a lot of people in the transfer thread tossing around names of who they think should stay or go, and specific discussions on Chadli and others. Thought it'd be insightful to see, who the majority on here would actually like to see play a part next season.

A quick note on the vote, just so that everyone votes on the same premise. By squad is meant - here at least - someone who has enough trust from Poch to get an extended run if need be, like Wimmer last season, or at the very least enough to get quite a few cameos in important matches, like Onomah last season. Hanging about the club and getting a few run-outs in the League Cup or versus Mansfield in the FA, clearly only to rest key players, is more development than squad status.

The list is long enough as is, so I've left out the 11 who played the vast majority from the start last season, plus the two new signings.

Sorry for the shoddy order. Just grabbed everyone in the order, they came up on the official site, and I've tried to include everyone among the youth, that's been mentioned in terms of the 1st team. Let me know if I missed anyone.....

0 votes for Fatsio:lennonlol:
Federico-Fazio-640x400.jpg

To be fair, the vote for Yedlin is certainly one of us Yanks just being all patriotic and the vote for Carroll might actually be Tom Carroll.

We're in a bit of a tricky situation this season, no Europa means we won't have any where near the amount of games to give "developing" squad members the chance to find their feet and have a decent run out in the first team. That includes new signings.

I think people are going to have to try and be way more patient this season because if we want to continue our development of players like Pritchard, Onomah, Carter-Vickers etc... and also give players like Bentaleb and Son the time they need to try and reclaim their best form then they're going to have to play some league / CL games.

Still completely expecting to see "Son you fucking cunt, get him off he's fucking dog shit." on here after 5mins into his first start!

Get the whole squad on there and we can pick properly.

Wouldn't it be pointless? Are you seriously suggesting that there's any chance whatsoever that a majority would want a starter from last season out of the squad completely?

Just out of interest, how many people who voted Edwards have seen him play? I'm not talking youtube clips.

Not many I'd think. It'll always be a vote based on reputation though. Even if we did see him play, I'll go ahead and claim that noone on here has enough of a trained football eye to know whether dribbling past three Everton youth players translates into being good enough for a PL squad.

Wouldn't it be pointless? Are you seriously suggesting that there's any chance whatsoever that a majority would want a starter from last season out of the squad completely?

Not many I'd think. It'll always be a vote based on reputation though. Even if we did see him play, I'll go ahead and claim that noone on here has enough of a trained football eye to know whether dribbling past three Everton youth players translates into being good enough for a PL squad.
I'm not having a pop at those that have. It's just interesting how some players gain a "status" based purely on rumour. If you look at the votes so far Edwards has (at 3:30) got 57.8%, compare that to Walker-Peters, a player who is a one of our hottest talents and due to his age and development is far more likely to make a first team appearance than Edwards but he has 37.8% (I think there is a chance he will take Tripiers spot, probably next year). There are others too.

Back
Top Bottom