100% Angeball, or adapt during the game? Which are you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your preferred style of play?

• Total voters
Yea, but certain situations call for certain adjustment. I love Ange ball but playing a highline with 9 men with Dier is kind of crazy to me.

Yea, the bravery and everything is great! but at the end of the day the score was 4-1.... each of these games will count at the end of season... so making adjustment is something that Ange needs to think about.

This is not a 2 horse race like Celtic/Ranger.... we let a few games getaway and we are at midtable...
Fair comments fella.
I think the other thing to take into account is the dross defensive non-tottenham style football we have been served up these last few years. I genuinely think most folk have been carried away in the excitement of Angeball and that's cool.
Anyways, let's see how it plays out and enjoy the ride.

Too many stupid dumbasses here.
Calling for adjustments and these cunts come out of hiding "BOO MOURINHO BALL" BOO CONTE BALL"
Cry me a river billy
You've literally just said that you'd revert to their Football!

It's no surprise you use the word stupid on here so often, you must hear it an awful lot.

Rooster Rooster I see you're going around all my posts everywhere and giving me disagrees. I'd foul vote you for that if I hadn't done it earlier. Admin Admin would like to know how you're abusing the system.

Didn't your mother tell you to log off after an hour and get on with your homework?

Fair comments fella.
I think the other thing to take into account is the dross defensive non-tottenham style football we have been served up these last few years. I genuinely think most folk have been carried away in the excitement of Angeball and that's cool.
Anyways, let's see how it plays out and enjoy the ride.
Completely agree.... and I'm also enjoying the ride. Some people here are insanely sensitive when I even mention "adjustment" when shit doesn't go down in our favor... they go "Oh you like Mourinho ball go away!" lol.

You've literally just said that you'd revert to their Football!

It's no surprise you use the word stupid on here so often, you must hear it an awful lot.
Yea cunt if we are down 9 men YEA!!! WTF DON"T YOU GET!!! in the end its trying to get points!!!

Oh and I actually use the word stupid to guys like you because there are so many of them. I'm losing hope for humanity when I have to deal with idiots like you.

Liverpool didn't manage to pull it off using their THREE best CBs on the pitch; let alone our cut-n-shut back four combo.

They conceded in the dying seconds due to an own goal ... we weren't creating a single thing prior, it was working perfectly. We won due to a fluke, and we had far more creativity/individual brilliance on the pitch than Chelsea did when they scored.

Angeball.We have tried the others, and still have an empty trophy cabinet.
Lets at least enjoy the football.Though improving the squad with competent defenders has shaped my view(could do with a couple more as well)

Fcuk me we are an arse of a set of fans.

To have 9 pages asking this question after just relinquishing top spot to a machine of a club (who have spent billions) is frankly embarrassing.

Let's go back to the progressive Conte and Mourinho

Sttewth.

They conceded in the dying seconds due to an own goal ... we weren't creating a single thing prior, it was working perfectly. We won due to a fluke, and we had far more creativity/individual brilliance on the pitch than Chelsea did when they scored.
No one knows how we would have done if we hid in our box for the 35+ minutes we had 9 men.

There’s not much of a sample size for getting results with 9 men so hard to say if it would have been better or worse.

95% chance we lose anyway. We were really poor against the 9 men and Liverpool defended well but there’s no guarantee the same thing would have happened against Chelsea.

I do think as it got closer to 90 we should have considered dropping back. Not sure if Ange would have kept the high line if we’d held on another 10 minutes or so.

Fcuk me we are an arse of a set of fans.

To have 9 pages asking this question after just relinquishing top spot to a machine of a club (who have spent billions) is frankly embarrassing.

Let's go back to the progressive Conte and Mourinho

Sttewth.

These kind of all or nothing posts were its one extreme or another and there's no possible other way are really fucking stupid.

Klopp sat in with 9 men. He's not Conte or Jose. Most coaches would have done.

Ange did what he did and I understand why and don't necessarily disagree with it but the suggestion that it maybe wasn't totally sensible and that other approaches were possibly better is absolutely fine and not melting or wanting Jose back.

Yea cunt if we are down 9 men YEA!!! WTF DON"T YOU GET!!! in the end its trying to get points!!!

Oh and I actually use the word stupid to guys like you because there are so many of them. I'm losing hope for humanity when I have to deal with idiots like you.
Ah, the temper tantrum on cue.

Coward Football, keyboard warrior.

Don't worry, I get it...

- Their first choice back 4 + an extra CB failed to get the job done.
- They played with 9 men for 26 mins (inc ET).

vs

- We had a rag-tag back 4 inc. the universally derided Dier and an out of position PEH & Royal.
- We played with 9 men for 50+ mins (inc. ET).

Dress it up how you like pretending that the Chavs had no threat and assuming that we'd have held for 1-1, but the Chavs had already had the ball in the net 3 times.

We took a gamble that nearly paid off.... I'm glad we did. Those 2 late goals from Jackson were meaningless.

The worst way; we lost 1 point in gambling on getting 3........ We've already seen Ange reign it in order to preserve 3 points v 10 men (Luton) and do similar vs Palace & Fulham; so balls to this idea that he's just a mindless gung-ho idiot. Basic risk v reward.

I do think as it got closer to 90 we should have considered dropping back. Not sure if Ange would have kept the high line if we’d held on another 10 minutes or so.

Jackson didn't even score for 2-1 until 20 mins after the 2nd red (ie 75min).... We still had effectively 30-odd mins (inc. ET) on the clock!

Sure; at 85mins you switch up and cling to the point if it's still 1-1..... That's a diff. proposition and I totally believe we would have done just that.

Expecting a shit back 4 to park the bus successfully with 9 men, when they struggled to do so with 11 for much of last season is fantasy land..... Why not 'dream' better in the name of 3 points instead.

"Spurs DNA" so many said..... "Entertainment is paramount"...... "No more cowardly football".........

Now: Hiding behind the sofa.

- Their first choice back 4 + an extra CB failed to get the job done.
- They played with 9 men for 26 mins (inc ET).

vs

- We had a rag-tag back 4 inc. the universally derided Dier and an out of position PEH & Royal.
- We played with 9 men for 50+ mins (inc. ET).

Dress it up how you like pretending that the Chavs had no threat and assuming that we'd have held for 1-1, but the Chavs had already had the ball in the net 3 times.

We took a gamble that nearly paid off.... I'm glad we did. Those 2 late goals from Jackson were meaningless.

The worst way; we lost 1 point in gambling on getting 3........ We've already seen Ange reign it in order to preserve 3 points v 10 men (Luton) and do similar vs Palace & Fulham; so balls to this idea that he's just a mindless gung-ho idiot. Basic risk v reward.

- They did not struggle. Again, they 'failed' due to a fluke, the plan worked. You can defend well and still lose 3-0 if three absolute worldies go in, the success of the plan is not dependent on the scoreline.

The rag-tag backline was working ok. Chavs had the ball in the net three times by attacking the space in behind, they had little to no creativity. When we went down to 9 their entire plan was to play in to said space and it was hilarious how many chances Jackson had.

I agree with the gamble in terms of what it represents. Ange is obviously not a gung-ho idiot. But playing the high-line with zero press was confusing and left us exposed every 2 minutes. Chelsea's incompetency is the only reason they didn't score another 3 or 4 at least.

Back
Top Bottom