#03 - Coming Home to Roost

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock

Flav, Ricky & Thelonious discuss the social media reaction to the Manchester City result, potential Premier League games abroad, Windy drops the knowledge. We talk about the transfer window, squad depth and hopes for the new season.

Not sure this is on your end, or more probably on Acast (this has happened across several pods inslisten to) the advert in the middle of the pod is cut halfway through a sentence after Windy's part.
Not trying to sound like I'm having a moan, it's sending my OCD mental!

Just listened to the first half and wanted to share my thoughts. As the chairman of Nashville Spurs and someone who will tell you this past weekend was one of the best of my life, I am wholeheartedly AGAINST any competitive premier league match being played outside of England (and Wales, I guess). I am certain I speak for all of us here in Nashville in that we chose Tottenham (or it chose us) because of the exciting style of football, the club's support, the passion of the lifelong fans, and the traditions of English football. This recent match played here was obviously a garbage match, but the experience of being with supporters from 64 other supporters clubs and from across the world, is what made the event. This is not something to be bought and sold. This is what football support should be about IMO. We are a collective group that have established a worldwide community of support and love for the game, each other, and most importantly THFC. I, for one, would rather continue to save my pennies to come see Spurs play in London in the league and am happy with getting a friendly every year or two. This event here has really made me realize there are large groups of people (see Relevent Sports) that see our beautiful game as just another way to make money and they'd love nothing more than to sanitize it and sell it to the highest bidder. We, as supporters, should not stand for this in my opinion.
:tobyarm:

Just listened to the first half and wanted to share my thoughts. As the chairman of Nashville Spurs and someone who will tell you this past weekend was one of the best of my life, I am wholeheartedly AGAINST any competitive premier league match being played outside of England (and Wales, I guess). I am certain I speak for all of us here in Nashville in that we chose Tottenham (or it chose us) because of the exciting style of football, the club's support, the passion of the lifelong fans, and the traditions of English football. This recent match played here was obviously a garbage match, but the experience of being with supporters from 64 other supporters clubs and from across the world, is what made the event. This is not something to be bought and sold. This is what football support should be about IMO. We are a collective group that have established a worldwide community of support and love for the game, each other, and most importantly THFC. I, for one, would rather continue to save my pennies to come see Spurs play in London in the league and am happy with getting a friendly every year or two. This event here has really made me realize there are large groups of people (see Relevent Sports) that see our beautiful game as just another way to make money and they'd love nothing more than to sanitize it and sell it to the highest bidder. We, as supporters, should not stand for this in my opinion.
:tobyarm:

:adesalute::adesalute::adesalute::adesalute::adesalute:

I think InTheCity put it as well as anyone could. American supporters do not want competitive matches played here. We all gravitated to Spurs for our own reasons, but none of us want to see foreign money influencing the game or the club any more than it already has.

Back
Top Bottom