šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æEngland v SenegalšŸ‡øšŸ‡³ 7PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm talking about the general opinion from other fans. Whoever England beat, the other teams instantly becomes crap or over-rated suddenly.
Fair enough. I was one of those who looked at the Senegal line up and thought weā€™d need to be on it to progress. On paper itā€™s a good team and African champions. Plus, we started fairly sluggishly.
After the first goal, it was quite straightforward.

I'm talking about the general opinion from other fans. Whoever England beat, the other teams instantly becomes crap or over-rated suddenly.

Tbf I expected Senegal to be a lot better. Very poor defensively. I thought early on there was a threat down our left hand side (too much space) but otherwise very little offered offensively too. Crumbled when they went a goal down.

The France game will show us how far we've come (if at all) since the Euros final. That doesn't even necessarily mean beating them, it's knockout football vs the champions, but we need to see something more than like 20% of the ball and total defensive football.

Tbf I expected Senegal to be a lot better. Very poor defensively. I thought early on there was a threat down our left hand side (too much space) but otherwise very little offered offensively too. Crumbled when they went a goal down.

The France game will show us how far we've come (if at all) since the Euros final. That doesn't even necessarily mean beating them, it's knockout football vs the champions, but we need to see something more than like 20% of the ball and total defensive football.

They were made to look poorer than they are due to us having an attack that matches any in world football. The same with Iran. They showed what a perfectly decent side they were against Wales and the Americans. We just made them look really shit.

They were made to look poorer than they are due to us having an attack that matches any in world football. The same with Iran. They showed what a perfectly decent side they were against Wales and the Americans. We just made them look really shit.

Yeah but you can cut off/isolate that attack much better than they did. The US did that by offering a more cohesive press, fewer gaps, and giving Kane essentially no space to turn & pass. They also bogged down Bellingham.

Not saying we didn't play well because we did. Some of the attacking moves were very well crafted. But I don't think we were 'tested' in any meaningful way & it's fair to say we need to look to that French game to see real progress against a team who have genuine quality.

Yeah but you can cut off/isolate that attack much better than they did. The US did that by offering a more cohesive press, fewer gaps, and giving Kane essentially no space to turn & pass. They also bogged down Bellingham.

Not saying we didn't play well because we did. Some of the attacking moves were very well crafted. But I don't think we were 'tested' in any meaningful way & it's fair to say we need to look to that French game to see real progress against a team who have genuine quality.

USA played well and we we poor on the night. I think a lot of that had to do with us being more than content with a point after winning the first game. In a knockout game I have no doubts whatsoever we would be a lot better against the Americans. I don't think they are capable of playing much if any better than they did against us. Whereas we never got out of third gear, though I also give credit to them for that.

wtf??? I stated a while back Mount shouldn't be playing ffs. Read what I actually type.

a good game against Spain hahah. My point was that I didn't care about the Euro league or whatever that piece of junk league/tournament is called.

I care about the Euros and WC when it comes to England and he's reached a semi and final so far (and a quarters now). This is in a period where nations like Holland and Italy have failed to even qualify, teams like Germany and Portugal are not even making it out the group stages. Teams like Argentina and Brazil are reaching quarter finals at most.

He has done consistently well and his record proves it.
Your not the only one Kevin DB openly ridiculed the tournament they are glorified friendlies, amazed anyone fell for that.

Your not the only one Kevin DB openly ridiculed the tournament they are glorified friendlies, amazed anyone fell for that.

KDB is a stroppy little git on the quiet...... As he showed when he took a swipe at his Belgian team mates a week or two so ago.

Whether you, I, KDB or the nextman wants to say it's meaningless; the fact remains at the very least there are coefficient/ranking places at play which play into tournament qualification draws.

What energy?

Your the one amping things up with each consecutive reply.......

I'll say again; I simply reject the specific praise you were heaping on him. It was guff.

Arguing about the Euros/WC-semi yadda is boring.

Levy: Sort yourself out; stay on topic and lay off the bollocks.....
You continuously refering to Southgate as "Gary" says it all.

Southgate is doing a great job again. Where once England would wilt in these games they now just win professionally. Not sure they'll win the whole lot but there are good, positive signs.

Yeh, silly me... I should be calling him "cunt", "wanker", "rapist", "toad", "elephant washer", wishing him dead etc. and all those gems that you commonly use just cos you don't rate a player..... You're literally on that trip above chatting fantasy shit re Steling and that other poster; yet me saying "Gary" bothers you.......

Quit trolling, you absolute mess.
I donā€™t act like the forum policeman though

ā€˜Garyā€™

You think?

In football terms; Germany always felt bigger.
In Daily-Mail bigotry terms: France; absolutely.
We donā€™t play France that often for some reason, strange one, maybe thatā€™s why

But no as I say I know a lot of french people and they say the same about England, thereā€™s just always been a big rivalry between the countries, not just in sport but in many aspects

Yep utterly terrible. I actually think he will be a big miss against France. I think we should stick with the 433 with the midfield runners and try and get the wingers in behind their fullbacks. Dembele/mbappe donā€™t track back. If we can outnumber them on the wings and get decent ball an into the box we will bare fruit. Sterling as a sub for saka or coming on for Foden on the other side will be really useful even though he can be frustrating at times.
It is rubbish for him and his family.

On a footballing front; he would be my 5th choice winger behind Saka, Foden, Grealish and Rashford anyway. He doesnā€™t possess one trait now which is the best out of those 5.

They did miss their two best midfielders and Mane. I mean, great win. But nothing special about it.

Who said it was special? You need to worry about your own ageing team to be honest.

If we beat France on Saturday, a lot of people will be saying France bottled it or didn't turn up blah blah, rather than give England credit. It's so cringeworthy. It really seems to hurt a lot of people to see England doing well in tournament football.

Back
Top Bottom