Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------Soldado--------------
Eriksen------Lamela-----Townsend

Would really like to see this, this weekend. Harsh on Ade but the fruits that come to bear could be glorious.

The little that we've seen from Lennon and Townsend this season, i'm starting to think we should play the Man City 4-4-2. Lamela on the right and Erisken on the left and 2 strikers up top. Soldado and Kane deserve more playing time than Lennon and Townsend IMO.

The little that we've seen from Lennon and Townsend this season, i'm starting to think we should play the Man City 4-4-2. Lamela on the right and Erisken on the left and 2 strikers up top. Soldado and Kane deserve more playing time than Lennon and Townsend IMO.

works a treat of fifa :walker-scream:

the old Brazilian 4222 :sandroscream:

It's more a case of it being a very fluid 3 and the fact Townsend can operate competently on both sides. Whereas I wouldn't trust Lennon/Kane to operate both flanks. Not the biggest fan of Townsend but he's the best for something like that. Unless Chadli shows his mettle more often.

I just love all the competition we have now. Poch is fixing the defense and has got everyone competing for spots in midfield and attack. Loads of options that could really take us far on the 4 fronts. The EL would be huge this year as it's a CL spot now.

Reborn Erik Lamela keen to put nightmare first season behind him and shine for Tottenham: "I am enjoying my football again."

“I am enjoying my football again,” he smiled. “When I was injured, I was not good, I was not happy. I am happy to be playing football again and helping the team to win. To come on and help change the match against Limassol was great. We all went home happy."

“This season is a challenge for me because last season did not go as I had hoped with the injuries. But these are things you have to overcome and change yourself. I spent all my holidays over in Argentina with my family and friends. It was great. I now feel 100 per cent, without any injuries.

“You have not seen the best of me yet and you always have to improve. I don’t know how far I can go but I will try my hardest to make my team win. My aims this season are to train to the maximum and continue to improve as a footballer. I am still young. I think I can improve a lot but it depends on me. This season I want to help my team and my team-mates to reach our aims.”

“It is an incredible city where there is everything - I am liking it more and more,” he said. “Thanks to God, I am happy.”

Erik Lamela says first season blues are behind him as Tottenham Hotspur's record signing bids to salvage reputation

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:33 GMT, 22 August 2014 | UPDATED: 23:12 GMT, 22 August 2014

‘It is something that can help me,’ said Lamela, aware that Pochettino, as a fellow Argentine, is being billed as the man to solve the mystery.

‘He has helped me a lot of times. But, really, it depends on me. It is down to me: how I train, what I do in training and in matches. Then I think he will put me on the pitch. I will play wherever he puts me. I have to adapt. If I am on the pitch, I will do my best.

‘It is a challenge for me because last season did not go as I had hoped: the injuries, maybe because I was not 100 per cent. These are things you have to overcome and change yourself. You always have to improve. I don’t know how far I can go but I will try my hardest to make my team win. I want to train to the maximum and continue to improve as a footballer.

‘I am still young. I can improve a lot but it depends on me. This season I want to help my team and my team-mates to reach our aims. My aim is always to give to the team all that I can and to be 100 per cent focused.’

Lamela started only three games in the Barclays Premier League last season after his transfer from Roma, where he scored 15 Serie A goals in the previous year. In all competitions for Spurs, he started 10 times and scored once, a goal against FC Sheriff of Moldova in the Europa League.

He arrived less than fully fit, unfairly touted as the man to help Spurs fans recover from the loss of Gareth Bale but suffered back problems and related muscular injuries and his poor form made it hard to settle in England.

There were negotiations with Italian clubs in January over a swift return to Serie A but the fee was a problem and Spurs would not agree to a loan. His season effectively ended in December, when Tim Sherwood cut him from his plans so he could sort out his problems.

It cost him a place in the World Cup squad but allowed time to spend with his family in his native Argentina and return with a fresh mind and strong body.

‘It was great,’ said Lamela. ‘I now feel 100 per cent, without any injuries. I hope to continue like this. When I was injured, I was not good, I was not happy. I am happy to be playing football again and helping the team to win.’

During his time away, Sherwood was replaced by Pochettino, his third Spurs boss in 12 months and a fellow countryman who has faith in the 22-year-old to show his true value in his second Premier League season.

Lamela started brightly in last weekend’s win at West Ham, although he suffered when they went to 10 men after Kyle Naughton’s red card, and he was the hero in Cyprus on Thursday, helping to turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win after coming on for the last 18 minutes.

‘I am happy, it went well,’ he said, speaking in Italian because his English is ‘not quite there’.

He added: ‘To come on and help change the match was great. It was a really difficult match because of the heat. Mamma mia, it was super-hot. We are not used to it. The most important thing is that we came back and won the game and returned home as winners.’

Tottenham left back Danny Rose, who played in Thursday’s win, thinks he has detected a change in Lamela since his disastrous first season. ‘We were allowed a night out in America (in pre-season) and we all saw a different side to him,’ he said.

‘He really came out of his shell and was having a laugh and a joke with everybody. I was warming up with him last night and you could tell he was raring to get on the pitch.

‘He did well to assist Robbie (Soldado) for the first goal and was involved in the second.’

Erik Lamela says first season blues are behind him as he bids to salvage reputation | Mail Online

Firstly like the article above points out, he started only 3 games in an injury ridden season so it would be nice if every commentator, journalist and pundit could shut the fuck up about him having a poor season, he hardly fucking played.
Secondly nice to see comments from Rose saying Lamela looks settled in, team bonding ftw.

Lastly he looked like a different player today, not just from last season but from all the clips I've seen from his days at Roma too. Looked strong in a wiry way, tenacious in the tackle, and like he had a very good engine, he was closing down relentlessly. From a glance he looks like the sort who would shy out of a challenge, fall over etc. But no don't let the looks or hair fool you, he gets stuck in, and if he loses it he tracks back.
He said last season he was struggling to keep up with the pace of the games, and then he was often photographed staying behind doing fitness work and training. The guy is not some passive pansy, he put the work in and now looks a different animal. I'm sure Poch's training has helped too.

Fuck yeh.

Firstly like the article above points out, he started only 3 games in an injury ridden season so it would be nice if every commentator, journalist and pundit could shut the fuck up about him having a poor season, he hardly fucking played.
Secondly nice to see comments from Rose saying Lamela looks settled in, team bonding ftw.

Lastly he looked like a different player today, not just from last season but from all the clips I've seen from his days at Roma too. Looked strong in a wiry way, tenacious in the tackle, and like he had a very good engine, he was closing down relentlessly. From a glance he looks like the sort who would shy out of a challenge, fall over etc. But no don't let the looks or hair fool you, he gets stuck in, and if he loses it he tracks back.
He said last season he was struggling to keep up with the pace of the games, and then he was often photographed staying behind doing fitness work and training. The guy is not some passive pansy, he put the work in and now looks a different animal. I'm sure Poch's training has helped too.

Fuck yeh.

Fuck yeh indeed. :pochohshit:

One of the big issues last season was that we didn't really know what type of player Lamela was, some said he was a winger so obviously being compared to Townsend and Lennon. AVB and Sherwood certainly didn't quite know what he was, this season with injuries and those manager behind we can at least see him being made use of.

Back
Top Bottom