Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Erik starting to read similar to one Gareth Frank Bale.
Does someone need to go and tell him to harden up, tell the physio's, doctors to NOT go and fawn over him
Or
Am i reading this wrong and he genuinely injured.

You see if someone is not succeeding some people will avoid being placed in a situation of not failing. I hope is not the case but i reckon Gareth had a touch of this prior him getting a boot up the arse, growing up, getting stronger and luck.
Lets hang onto Erik and hope there is at least 80% of what Gareth gave us.

I have a feeling he'll come back after this injury beefed up a bit, and that they've been concentrating on getting him stronger and more explosive. A bit like what happened with Bale as you say.

At 21 years he came to our city
30 million euros just to compete
This Argie is ours for our largest fee
His future is bright as he'll win the league

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Erik Lamela!

I think Spurs have mixed my and Lamela's emails up:
a1bp0nf.png

Granted it is the Guardian, but still...what is it about Spurs where we can't have just one season where something absurd doesn't happen?

I'll take a back injury over knee etc. I think the opening line where it stated he only started 3 prem games is the problem. AVB should have played him more, and not given him any water carrying duties. To some extent TS is doing the same with Eriksen...Expecting him to muck in. It's obvious to me these players should be given no water carrying or tracking back duties because they are liabilities at it. Eriksen and Lamela start every prem game for me. But not in the roles they currently have.

"It will be weeks ... By the time he is fit, he will be fluent (in English)."

Oh my, oh my. That combined with that fact of how incompetent our physios are ... it's gonna be a long time. The amount of pity that I feel is an understatement to what Lamela is experiencing.

Well, at least on the bright side, it surely can't get much worse than this? He just has to label this as one of those seasons to forget.

"It will be weeks ... By the time he is fit, he will be fluent (in English)."

Oh my, oh my. That combined with that fact of how incompetent our physios are ... it's gonna be a long time. The amount of pity that I feel is an understatement to what Lamela is experiencing.

Well, at least on the bright side, it surely can't get much worse than this? He just has to label this as one of those seasons to forget.
We must remember that Bale had a whole heap of injury crises before coming good. The limelight will fade and his price tag not be as burdensome next season once a whole host of new transfers to the Prem occur. Then, I suspect, we'll see the making of Erik Lamela.

Has anyone read there now predicting he be back in April?.....yeh that's right fucking April....
It's getting to the point where I'm just going to have right this season off for him...

6 more weeks. Fuck this.

At least we can take comfort his time off has nothing to do with health. He is either fucking off at the end of the season or living a Rocky montage video in some secret Levy facility.

6 more weeks. Fuck this.

At least we can take comfort his time off has nothing to do with health. He is either fucking off at the end of the season or living a Rocky montage video in some secret Levy facility.

He'll come back to a fanfare building with a little video montage on the screens showing him training in a siberian fitness camp with the rocky 4 soundtrack in the back ground building to a climax before he comes bursting out onto the pitch..... and pulls his hamstring.

He'll come back to a fanfare building with a little video montage on the screens showing him training in a siberian fitness camp with the rocky 4 soundtrack in the back ground building to a climax before he comes bursting out onto the pitch..... and pulls his hamstring.

That's 4-6 months in Spurs currency. Fair innings.

Back
Top Bottom