Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure about Lennon but Townsend's definitely out (expecting a month, but once we subject him to our medics ... :eek:). Lamela's worst position is probably his left, but if Lennon's out too, it's pretty much impossible not to give him a go somewhere in that line-up. Like, you would have to bend over backwards, Lamela would have to impregnate Daniel Levy's daughter, be revealed as a secret member of the Aryan nation, unzip his face to reveal himself as Jermaine Pennant, etc etc.

He's had a tough time so far but no shame in relying on a bit of luck imo. Bale needed BAE to get injured before he got his chance, and we all know what happened there :D

Needs a run of games now
Agree.
Just get him starting in a continuous number of games. We'll see what he's made of.
Chadli did look good when he came on for Lamela at RW, so maybe for the next game Sherwood should give Chadli a start at RW and just move Lamela over to LW ... and they can swap as they like.

I really think he needs a run too. There is a great player fighting to get out there in my opinion, at the moment he is either delaying passes meaning he runs in to tackles or hitting passes too soon giving it away, I really think once he adapts to the pace of the game we will see a dramatic improvement.

I really think he needs a run too. There is a great player fighting to get out there in my opinion, at the moment he is either delaying passes meaning he runs in to tackles or hitting passes too soon giving it away, I really think once he adapts to the pace of the game we will see a dramatic improvement.
One of his flaws that I was frustrated with him in today's game was that he holds the ball way too long. He needs to get the timing right. But that should hopefully be solved with some more experience and game time IN THE PL.

Btw, anybody else think he's a bit on the light side regarding his physique?
He seems to often easily get bullied off the ball. Then again maybe some more game time will help him understand that, but a bit more weight/muscle shouldn't do much harm.

He needs time lads.

Don't want to make the comparison but Bale was just as or worse during his first few games. Give him time to adapt and he'll be great, we've seen glimpses in that Sheriff game and I have no doubt he'll be ready soon.

did anyone actually watch the game today ? when his touch wasnt right, when he was being overrun, when he was struggling to adapt to yet more changes ? did he fucking hid ? did he ? no, he stood up and got stuck in. he is forcing the issue, refusing to be shit when he could easily find reason to be. waddle at southampton, anyone ?

did anyone actually watch the game today ? when his touch wasnt right, when he was being overrun, when he was struggling to adapt to yet more changes ? did he fucking hid ? did he ? no, he stood up and got stuck in. he is forcing the issue, refusing to be shit when he could easily find reason to be. waddle at southampton, anyone ?

What point are you actually trying to make?

that being negative about a good young spurs player is a bit bollox. youi gooner wont get that but i dont like it.
Dyou need to chill on the llello esse. It's making dyou loco homes.

I think most people are saying he'll be better once he has time to settle. Like your head tomorrow morning.

I feel TS is encouraging or the players have decided to be little more brave. Taking the chance to push forward in numbers and looking for the overlap. I see Lamela trying to be brave. Today he made a Brilliant 40 yard run but it came to nothing. It will come good for him.

Back
Top Bottom