Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't follow Italian football because that's where I expect him to play next. Can we all simply agree to just forget about him until such a time as he either plays again or is sold as we have so many great players it's rather annoying that someone who has contributed relatively little in the four years he's been here, missed most of two seasons, is on the way to missing a large part of a third season, gets so much said about him, while much better players rarely get mentioned.

If, God forbid, he ever does come back in the team, it will truly be shown what a limited player he is. All the fluidity of movement will be disrupted by having a one footed player who's heat map is like a giant carbuncle because he's always drawn to the same areas where his lack of a right foot and limited technique is not exposed, and when we've got used to Eriksen, Son, Kane and Alli seamlessly interchanging positions, running into space, crossing, passing and shooting from all areas of the pitch, to someone who perpetually tries to do the same thing - try and play a through ball from right/central part of the pitch - it'll be a sore awakening for some of his fans.

His fans are Tottenham fans.
Where does that leave you then?

If he fails, it's a failure for Spurs.....so "his" fans will be disappointed for him and the club.

What's weird is that if he comes good, that will disappoint you. You won't praise anything he does and you will be the tiresome twat standing alone in the corner ignoring the assist and the goal and the creative play and screaming about the one time he lost possession.

I remember some blokes behind me in The Shelf v Palace slating Kanoute because he wanted to go the ACN.....he scored a hat trick, none cheered, while the whole end turned and celebrated at them like they were away fans, giving them the wanker signs the lot.

That's your group.....a small minority of shit fans

sorry to be so abrupt but;

swEC9mR.png

Haha this is another reason why I love him. He's a right nasty cunt at times and doesn't mind leaving a foot in. If he wasn't such a polarising player his exploits in the 'Battle of the Bridge' would be the stuff of legends to match Dier's reputation from that game. I still chuckle thinking about his nonchalant stamp on Fabregas' hand.

This is the most categorically incorrect assessment I've seen of a footballer. No football brain? Have you ever seen him play? He sees passes that not even Eriksen could at times, and his decision making can occasionally look poor because he's always choosing the most difficult option, but it's also the option with the most reward. Whenever those choices come off they almost always result in a chance at goal.

I'm talking about our overrated, one trick pony Lamela, ridiculed and substituted to hails of derision against a league 2 team. Let that sink in for a moment. Maybe you might be able to comprehend his level of incompetence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom