crystal palace vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great win I think we can go and win this title: Every match we play now and win well increases the confidence and will to succeed.

I love Poch ...... his funny about Ali's goal being lucky melted my heart. I just pray that we can hold onto him and all our players for a few years - I can't remember a better squad and team spirit in all the years I've been a supporter. Yes we may have had better individual players in the past, but with a bit of luck, this team can achieve so much.

That brings a tear to my eye Mrs P. Gawd bless ya

Pardew don't half talk some crap.
First half we totally outplayed them and created lots of chances. Hennessy made a couple of saves a point blank one from Rose and they was plenty of last ditch defending from them. They did fuck all really. Zaha troubled us two or three times. Lloris gifted him in one of those and Vertonghen put it in his own net.
They didn't trouble us at all first half and Lloris did fuck all. Yet they went in one up.
2nd half started in the same vain, we were all over them. We scored and then they had a few of spells when they troubled us. All emanating from set pieces either directly or second phase I think. Rose half cleared it to Zaha and Lloris saved, they hit the bar twice from a free kick and Lloris saved from a shot.
That was it basically. The we scored
We also had chances before and after, Kane missed a sitter, Eriksen nearly scored a classic, Hennessy saved from a fee kick etc.
Pardew said that they contained us we never really had any clear cut chances and they matched us, the only difference was Lloirs. He was our best player. That's despite him only making 3 saves all game and Hennessy making equally as many great saves.... one.
He said Zaha caused us trouble. Despite him only doing so only 3 times.
He bemoaned the gods for the wood work.
In a nutshell they matched us and should have one. Hugo saved our bacon.

They were at HOME

Lloris made 3 saves all game and Hennessy 8
They had 11 shots we had 24
they had 3 of them shots on target, we had 11 on target.
They had 3 corners, we had 10
We had 65% of the possession.

They didn't match or contain us. They had a short quick spell in the 2nd half in which Loris made 3 saves.
Those 3 saves were the 3 shots they had on target.
Lloris wasn't the difference or our best player. He saved competently when called on to do so, which wasn't much.
Hennessy however was their best player and maybe the difference for them.

'we didn't do any wrong out there' he said.
Except for playing ultra defensive and hoping to snatch a win on the break I suppose, as you are at home and, like you said last year, have the quality to finish in the top 6.
Not by playing that way at home you won't, and The only quality you have is Cabaye.. but he's too busy diving about..when he snidely does people...and pointing fingers like a big cunt when he gets a tap.
Made me laugh when he knocked the ball of Son's feet, just as he was about to shoot when he turned brilliantly in the box, making slight contact with Son's foot he swallow dived theatrically before realising he was in his own area.
Mug.

Not forgetting when Chadli controlled the ball with his foot before turning and crossing for Kane they all cried mysteriously for handball - which was astounding.
Brilliant then that after Souare handballs it and we don't get the penalty it comes back to us... we go again.
Palace fans deride Kane's touch with shouts of 'handball' Eriksen heads it to Alli, 'handball 'they cry ironically, it comes to Alli, 'handba....' SILENCE.

Last edited:
You and it seems others are getting a little excited before we've achieved anything ?
I hope is works out they way you say and at the end of the season we are above em.
Nothing wrong with expressing a lot of optimism and hope that it happens. I have a dream!!!

I have done. Seriously, I did the gazza v scotland goal 2 times before he did.
Edit: sorry that's technically a lie. One went in and the other skimmed the outside of the post.

I can see LCFC doing Pool. If not a 0-0 draw.
Man City could come unstuck if they defend like they do away from home, but I think they'll nick that one, and Woolwich away they will lose or draw.
I'd say they will get 4 points from this 3 games. 2 points worse ways.

As for us, we are capable of getting 6 points at home to Norwich and Watford, but they could be tricky. 2 of our 3 loses have been at home.
These two games worry me because some of the home fans, like some on here, will transmit their negativity to the players if we ain't 10-0 up in 15 mins.
We need to make our home ground a fucking fortress and an intimidating place to come. Not a place where teams can subdue the crowd by parking the bus. We should be encouraging and roaring the team on at 0-0 or 0-1.
Sunderland game springs to mind.
I honestly believe we will pick up 3 points at City. We won't lose imo.
We are capable of 7 points - 6 won't be expecting too much. If this scenario is so we will be within 2 points of LCFC . WDL for them and WWD for us.
Poch and the team have been praising our fans since day one, unlike some of the other regimes. Some of the lot at home need to repay that faith and admiration.
LC played Stoke before the SF of the CC - win. They will play the Scum one game before Barcelona game-they will win this. We all seem to all forget, these mugs only have the PL to think about. They will not lose many, if any?

Nothing wrong with expressing a lot of optimism and hope that it happens. I have a dream!!!
Optimism is fine - I am optimistic. Predicting results in the next 3 games I find uncomfortable as LC will not perform as we all wish they will? They play the Scum the game before Barcelona.

Optimism is fine - I am optimistic. Predicting results in the next 3 games I find uncomfortable as LC will not perform as we all wish they will? They play the Scum the game before Barcelona.
Point taken and we only have our own destiny in our hands, but a couple of slip ups like this weekend and we can take this out!

CZcjzg9WAAELe1U.jpg:large

The expressions and emotions from Palace fans in background something along the lines of "Oh fuck I wish our team was like this and those green boots"

Point taken and we only have our own destiny in our hands, but a couple of slip ups like this weekend and we can take this out!

Im excited as every one on here and have repeatedly watched the goals with joy. I just feel, its all a little close and as you say, a couple of slip ups it can all change, it can either way. LC are in a very strong position with the way the fixture are coming. They play City two games before before Europe and the Scum one. Everyone is still writing them off which is wrong. 'we only have our own destiny in our hands' agree, -the rest will take care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom