January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but the Boufal deal will only go ahead if we loan him back, or so Lille say. It's an absurd amount of money to spend on a player you must wait on though. And I can only imagine it would upset their player that he has agreed to join us but his team won't just let him go.
If that's what they're saying, then I'm saying take a hard pass. There are other, I think better, options.

I don't quite think Ligue 1 is close to the PL in play style at all. Germany closely match the physical aspect, but that's not to say we can't sign a player from Spain or Italy and them not be successful. It's all down to individual player adaptability. I reckon someone like Insigne who has played in about 4 different positions in his career would be a bit more adaptable than the likes of Lamela, who had only really played as a RW when we signed him.

Just because we have signed flops before from a certain country doesn't mean we stop looking there. Insigne is a very capable player with a lot of skill and trickery. He can avoid being pressed hard with clever movement and good timing. I did mention preferring taller players earlier though as I feel they have a little more strength about them to hold off challenges while they get their pass away. I'm not hugely keen on having a 5'6" player who may occasionally end up playing with his back to goal if Kane drops deep and he pushes ahead.

Has a league like The Eridevise given us more examples of the sublime and the ridiculous? Each player must be taken not on where they play currently but on who they will play alongside when signed, who the manager is, what position he'll play in, temperament, does he like to bite the shit out of his opponents or mutter racial slurs at them?

Has a league like The Eridevise given us more examples of the sublime and the ridiculous? Each player must be taken not on where they play currently but on who they will play alongside when signed, who the manager is, what position he'll play in, temperament, does he like to bite the shit out of his opponents or mutter racial slurs at them?
Also on if his name is Jozy Altidore.

Never meant to say, you weren't clued up. Which is why I was asking with geniue interest, what your reasoning is.

As it stands, you want an out-and-out striker becaaaaaause, I guess because you say so. And you don't want Insigne based on his goals to matches. You don't seem willing or able to argument why on either. So I do see, I was wrong; how could I mistakenly think, you're not clued up.

Come to think it. I cannot speak on your behalf that Poch and Mitchell know more about football than you....is that you, Tim? :sherwoodlol:

What makes you so sure we're not after an out and out striker in January Nostradamus?

That we don't play with one tactically, Poch never really has tactically played one, we've (it would seem) shown little to no interest in signing one, best as I can recall Poch has signed none at any of his clubs.
His record signing at Southampton was Pablo Osvaldo.

And he rarely if ever played as an out-and-out striker
Which was more fool Pochettino. He played him as an out and out striker at Espanyol and then tried to turn his £15,000,000 man into something he was not. Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake at Tottenham.

Which was more fool Pochettino. He played him as an out and out striker at Espanyol and then tried to turn his £15,000,000 man into something he was not. Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake at Tottenham.

Osvaldo played fine at Southampton. It was his discipline in training that forced them to sell him

I'd rather go for Mahrez (more suited to the way we play) than Bolasie.

I was watching Leicester today, and was actually thinking that, apart from the world class unrealistic targets, he's probably who I'd most like us to sign.

There's two (potential) problems. If he keeps going, as he is now, until January he will be looking at a move to a bigger club than us. And secondly, I have my doubts, he's what Poch is looking for without the ball. He doesn't to work very much, and doesn't seem to be very smart in his positioning when he does actually close down.

Haven't seen Leicester that much though....so does anyone have a different impression? And is there some stats wizard who knows where you might find km pr 90 minutes, as this got me a bit curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom