Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ that is sobering.

Another little factoid conveniently swept under the carpet is that the Fulham chairman has just applied to Wembley to play there for 10 years for the sole use of his American Football team. Given that Levy has leveraged an awful lot of finance on his ambition, and it is only ambition. Nothing is signed yet. To borrow on building the stadium with American Football money. The idea the NFL will allow two different teams to operate in London seems a bit far fetched.

Even if his much trumpeted deal was reality it is only 2 games a year.How much is that actually worth? 61k of fans buying a few cokes and burgers and a slice of the ticket revenue doesn't seem much value for basically redesigning the stadium and adding a huge cost to the building of the stadium.

It's not up to the Fulham/Jags owner. The decision lies solely with the NFL.

The same NFL who have a tied up, legally binding deal to play a minimum of two regular season games for 10 years at WHL from 2018 (subject to planning permission), who are, according to the word on the street, increasingly disillusioned with Wembley and, again rumoured, to be negotiating with Twickenham to play 2 game for 10 years there from 2018.

9 months ago most of this forum was creaming its pants about how much we needed Bony.

Can the people who were championing the living fuck out of that one explain why its now ok, with only wingers

9 months ago most of this forum was creaming its pants about how much we needed Bony.

Can the people who were championing the living fuck out of that one explain why its now ok, with only wingers

I wanted Bony, I still want him certainly in the absence of proper back up, massive risk converting wingers to strikers.

At the start of the window, posters on here with serious misgivings about ENIC and posters who thought ENIC were doing a decent job, all seemed to agree that we needed a striker and a DM.
We got neither.

Now we have the pro-ENIC posters saying that the window was still a success, that having two strikers is over rated and that strikers at other clubs in the top 4 aren't in fact strikers.

Yet more proof that you can never be wrong on the internet.

At the start of the window, posters on here with serious misgivings about ENIC and posters who thought ENIC were doing a decent job, all seemed to agree that we needed a striker and a DM.
We got neither.

Now we have the pro-ENIC posters saying that the window was still a success, that having two strikers is over rated and that strikers at other clubs in the top 4 aren't in fact strikers.

And on top of that, claiming they back Poch, yet defending a window that was the polar opposite to what he needed and wanted.

End of last season, Poch talked about fighting for the top 4, and the importance of "striking early" in the transfer window, and how we had already "identified our targets 6 months ago".
Thats 6 months before May.

As the window bored on, and it became obvious that he was going to be shafted, he started talking about kids, and building and how other teams spending means we have changed our entire objectives.
However, he did talk about titles in a few years.....confusing to say the least.
People seem to take that predictably woeful PR statement as proof that Poch was happy with the window.

We wanted signings but we are glad we didnt get them as it would have been a waste of money

Shoot%20Self.gif

We got neither.

Then you have the people whose opinions exist outside of this place and its polar discussions who would have been happy to see another striker and a DM come in, but realise that the window wasn't as bad as some would like to make out.

Then you have the people whose opinions exist outside of this place and its polar discussions who would have been happy to see another striker and a DM come in, but realise that the window wasn't as bad as some would like to make out.

We will see if it was bad or not as the season progresses. How can you say it wasnt bad yet, when only one of our 5 signings has seen the pitch yet.

I think it was a bad window on the basis we needed a striker and DM and signed two wingers.

Toby was a nice addition, but we´ve already seen this season (and last) what happens to top CBs and world class keepers when the midfield goes missing.
We didnt strenthgen in CM, so one top CB doesnt make it a good window, as the real problems lie in front of him.

If Kane struggles, we will see how good the window was at the other end of the pitch too.

But you´d swap both right for Berahino and Illaramendi?
On the basis that we would be better off with a DM and striker than two wingers?
I don't know tbh.

Seen many people say Illaramendi is more of a CM, and pretty slow. His name excited me but I don't watch him enough to have a good opinion of him. If we were interested I don't think he wanted to come to us anyway, went back to his boyhood team didn't he?

Would have taken Berahino over Njie. Still want Berahino too. Will get behind Njie too though.

ha ha, the man that didnt want Bony because he was too fat, is now claiming that he was right all along, but that now we need a fat striker. Most bizarre "I told you so" ever. "I told you we didnt need a striker, and look now; you have realised we need a striker"

Who binned Audere? This place really is playtime now. What a fucking joke. This place used to have decent posters - now it's full of vindictive children like Spursinho Spursinho and his merry men. The sin bin is a fucking joke - those that use it deny free speech. I'm ashamed to be a part of it. God we have such massively shit fans.

Who binned Audere? This place really is playtime now. What a fucking joke. This place used to have decent posters - now it's full of vindictive children like Spursinho Spursinho and his merry men. The sin bin is a fucking joke - those that use it deny free speech. I'm ashamed to be a part of it. God we have such massively shit fans.
I voted for him to go in the bin. Why? Because he is a horrible abusive drunken cunt like you. To be fair, he is not as fucked up as you, but he still needs binning. Shouldn't you be having a breakdown and clicking disagree on everyone? Freak

Back
Top Bottom