Club statement about transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I voted for him to go in the bin. Why? Because he is a horrible abusive drunken cunt like you. To be fair, he is not as fucked up as you, but he still needs binning. Shouldn't you be having a breakdown and clicking disagree on everyone? Freak
No fella - you're the freak. I clicked disagree on you, not everyone, because you are a child. I'm logged in on my phone in the pub, and the next person to have a go is Amelia - she thinks you're a cunt by the way - she thinks you're bald. Out of my hands now.

No fella - you're the freak. I clicked disagree on you, not everyone, because you are a child. I'm logged in on my phone in the pub, and the next person to have a go is Amelia - she thinks you're a cunt by the way - she thinks you're bald. Out of my hands now.
Ha ha. Alright mate, just because you black out doesnt mean it didn't happen. Seriously, print out what you say and have a read of it sometime when you're sober, I would suggest before lunchtime. You would be seriously embarrassed

And up front for club and country in the past 5 years.
He classes himself as a striker.
So does Walcott.

Pundits and Woolwich fans alike think they only have one recognised striker. Does it make it right that we only have Kane? No. But there are some clear patterns emerging in the market. 4 strikers are a thing of the past, and we're one of 3 in the top 6 with 1 striker, with the other 3 having 2 (as far as I can think).

And on top of that, claiming they back Poch, yet defending a window that was the polar opposite to what he needed and wanted.

End of last season, Poch talked about fighting for the top 4, and the importance of "striking early" in the transfer window, and how we had already "identified our targets 6 months ago".
Thats 6 months before May.

As the window bored on, and it became obvious that he was going to be shafted, he started talking about kids, and building and how other teams spending means we have changed our entire objectives.
However, he did talk about titles in a few years.....confusing to say the least.
People seem to take that predictably woeful PR statement as proof that Poch was happy with the window.

We wanted signings but we are glad we didnt get them as it would have been a waste of money

Shoot%20Self.gif
We did strike early.

Wimmer, Trippier and Alderweireld.

You mean we didn't strike early for the players you wanted to see come in?

Which may be different to the ones Poch identified?

We did strike early.

Wimmer, Trippier and Alderweireld.

You mean we didn't strike early for the players you wanted to see come in?

Which may be different to the ones Poch identified?

I assume he would be referring to a second striker to cover Kane and a DM. I.e failure to get Berahino and someone like Witsel leaving us bare in two positions.

He's about as much of striker as Son.

No he is not, Welbeck is a striker who sometimes gets played wide to get in the team, he is naturally an out and out forward. Welbeck doesn't even like playing winger and quite frankly he looks worse on the wing.

Son is a winger, AM and at best a second striker, he will have to learn to play the lead role for us. We may even convert Chadli ahead of him to the role.

Tottenham Tweet denial over Heung-Min Son's position on their website | 101 great goals

I want to be a striker! Defiant Danny Welbeck warns Louis Van Gaal and Man Utd

Where have I accepted Walcott as a striker?

Missed the point chap

- General complaint that Son isn't a striker so we only have one, Woolwich have Welbeck which makes two
- You say Welbeck is a striker, Larry says Son is as much of a striker
- You ask what's that got to do with anything
- The answer is that if you consider Welbeck and Son as the same then it's contradictory to say one can count towards Woolwich's striker total but the other can't count towards ours

Walcott: he sees himself as a main forward and has played their many times for Woolwich often as sub for Giroud, to me he looks better as a wide forward due to his pace.

Welbeck: are we even arguing about this, he is a STRIKER.

Son: A winger/attacking forward.

N'jie: same as Son

Can we stop pretending we are equal to Woolwich in the striker stakes, they have two players who in the Premiership have played the role. We have two guys who don't play the role from outside the prem.

Maybe Poch will train them into a new position but it will take time.

Missed the point chap

- General complaint that Son isn't a striker so we only have one, Woolwich have Welbeck which makes two
- You say Welbeck is a striker, Larry says Son is as much of a striker
- You ask what's that got to do with anything
- The answer is that if you consider Welbeck and Son as the same then it's contradictory to say one can count towards Woolwich's striker total but the other can't count towards ours

I haven't missed any point my friend.
My argument is that Danny Welbeck is a striker.

Can we stop pretending we are equal to Woolwich in the striker stakes, they have two players who in the Premiership have played the role. We have two guys who don't play the role from outside the prem.

Maybe Poch will train them into a new position but it will take time.

Welbeck's out until the transfer window opens again anyway. He's as useful to them during this window closure as Adebayor is for us. So, in reality, they also only have one striker, Giroud.

Back
Top Bottom