Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spam have some experience of it. It wouldn't stop them. Didn't they stave of relegation by breaking the rules signing 2 of them, and get away with it.
They are also moving into a stadium they have contributed fuck all for. Amazes me how they are getting away with being aided by the state to do so.
Why should a football club be allowed to only contribute £15m of £272m it's costing to convert it so they can play there? It could be used for Athletics and concerts beforehand ffs.
It's more of a fucking scandal whilst local public services are being cut, disabled people losing ILP and tax credits being cut to the tune of £5b. Should they not be asked to cough up a few more quid.?
Oh, and is it legal only to offer jobs for the OS for Newham residents only? That's what they are doing.
You should go onto the Olympic Stadium thread. Fuckloads on there saying it'll financially cripple West Ham. Might make you feel better.

Muzzy works for Mondial. They represent nearly all the players we have been linked with...coincidence?
Alderweirled, Martial, Konoplyanka, Imbula, Kondogbia, Rabiot, Cabaye, Mitrovic, Lloronte and even Victor fucking Moses.

So, could it be Giroud? He was seen meeting Muzzi in a Hampstead restaurant for a talk last week. He's with Mondial.

I am joking!

Edit. Reading between the lines of his last twat on twitter; doesn't Toby come back from his honeymoon next week.

Last edited:
Muzzy works for Mondial. They represent nearly all the players we have been linked with...coincidence?
Alderweirled, Martial, Konoplyanka, Imbula, Kondogbia, Rabiot, Cabaye, Mitrovic, Lloronte and even Victor fucking Moses.

So, could it be Giroud? He was seen meeting Muzzi in a Hampstead restaurant for a talk last week. He's with Mondial.

I am joking!
Hoping for Imbula, Rabiot or Cabaye then.

So all our apparent targets are either staying put, signing new deals, or going elsewhere, right?

The window hasn't even technically opened, and already it feels like we've been in it forever.

:chadliblow:

I am joking!

Edit. Reading between the lines of his last twat on twitter; doesn't Toby come back from his honeymoon next week.
If this Muzzi fella isn't a wum ... then this new signing that he's referring to has to be Alderwierld, imo.

And I'll be pretty stoked if it happens. Alderweild isn't an exciting signing per se, but it's damn sure that he'll strengthen us big time. Can't wait to see a rejuvenated Verts-Alder partnership.

Inter are only after Imbula on loan..
It's a purchase disguised as a loan.
Inter are short money now, but think they can get back to CL money next year.
Inter started using this trick to get around FFP rules and spread out purchases over 2 years. They structure as a loan with an obligation to purchase. Then make payments in 12 month or 24 month installments. I believe they have used this to get Shaqiri, Miranda, Kondogbia, Imbula, Montoya . . .

Kane can play off Benteke either behind or on the left with eriksen in the other spot. That's an improvement over chadli
I think Harry's better left as the striker, with the rest of the universe revolving around him.

An improvement over Chadli is a left wing who's both faster and a better presser. Kane or Eriksen at LW don't solve that.

Signing players is not like FIFA 15. You need more than just coins
Unfortunately even if we really wanted a player, were willing to meet his Adebayoresque wages and the transfer fee, there is no guarantee we will get him if any one of those clubs above us - or even media pimped, 'boyhood' club Liverpool - want him.

Anyway, we saw Man U, Liverpond spend big last season. We were 2 points above Liverpool and 2 wins of Man U - who had no European fixture list.

The team is bigger than the parts. I just hope we sign decent players that will make us a solid team.
With all this creaming about MS going on, what if in 2011/12 we would have bought him from a Div 1 side newly promoted to Championship for say 3 x as much, £5m instead of 30yrd old Parker?
I can bet a few of us would have been bemoaning our lack of ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom