Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Jan at DM? Big, long legs, quite fast, decent tackler, positionally aware, good stamina, good passer, decent shot on him. But will probably throw a hissy if played there.

Worth a punt?

I've thought this before . Think he'd like going a little further. Anyone know if he's ever played there for a whole 90 mins ?

I don't understand the fascination with Benteke, to be honest. Yes, I do in as far as he's a monster in the air. But I just don't see him fitting in. If Poch's pressing is to work, it has to start from the front, and this bloke runs less than Ade. Do we really want to start punting balls up when we've got Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and what have you behind a striker. Also, he strikes me as a hugely unintelligent player. His movement is poor, and he's forever STANDING in an offside position. With someone like Defoe, lots of offsides was somewhat okay because he was trying to break the trap with runs, but Benteke just seems unaware. Actually Belgium has fairly similar players to us behind the striker and he looks god awful there.

Under Lambert he was occasionally as you describe but that was the system. Since Timothy took over he was a different player and was the top goal scorer since his arrival..
He puts the fear of god into defenders and is a handful. Yes he is good in the air but there is so much more to his game when he is given the chance.
He'll definitely leave Villa and if we don't get him, you see how well he will do at a better club than villa.

I don't understand the fascination with Benteke, to be honest. Yes, I do in as far as he's a monster in the air. But I just don't see him fitting in. If Poch's pressing is to work, it has to start from the front, and this bloke runs less than Ade. Do we really want to start punting balls up when we've got Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and what have you behind a striker. Also, he strikes me as a hugely unintelligent player. His movement is poor, and he's forever STANDING in an offside position. With someone like Defoe, lots of offsides was somewhat okay because he was trying to break the trap with runs, but Benteke just seems unaware. Actually Belgium has fairly similar players to us behind the striker and he looks god awful there.

He would be ideal in a situation where Poch would be setting up a plan B utilizing trippier's cross to maximize the benefit of benteke's aerial strengths. If pressing doesn't work in a game (like the match we lost to man utd), he can put in dembele or some other midfielder who can hold the ball and pass it to trippier or dier who can ideally cross it to benteke a million times. although this is a theory. his price is too much for a back-up player. but i think poch is starting realize he needs more than just one tactic after a few devastating losses near the end of last season.

I like the thought of Bentaleb and Dier starting as midfielders, only thing that worries me about signing Alderwiereld is if he partners Vertonghen who would be the vocal CB? That's why I like Fazio at the back to organise the defense!

Any forward with a scoring record of 1 in every 2 games is going to get a lot of attention. I don't think he would be right for us though.

Am very much in favour of trying Dier in midfield.
Dier started as midfielder in Sporting, then right back and then center back, that in the first team. He was a center back in the younger squads.
Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb is this lad any good?
He is pretty good. But Porto signed him this season, two weeks ago. So no chance he will leave just yet. Maybe Spurs is looking for him for the future. From Portugal under 21 we should look for Bernardo Silva.

Cheeky loan/bid for Jesé Rodríguez, like Everton did with Deulofeu, could really kickstart his career, with the limited opportunities he gets at Madrid he's not been able to flourish, bit more game time with us could sort out him out and help him become the great player he was touted to be when he first burst onto the scene at Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom