Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be fair I guess I am optimistic too as I named my new puppy Harry. However I'm not naive enough to point blank refuse any chance of it happening. If Harry has another season like he did this I can't see us hanging on to him next summer.
That's fair enough but we are talking this summer and I honestly been there is zero chance he goes.

Saw these links over on the r/COYS page on Reddit and thought it was a nice reminder:

"I don’t see why not. Tottenham are a great club on the rise. I hope we get better and I’d love to stay here for as long as possible.

If I’m still here in 10 years, I’d be over the moon. A lot of players today, when they do well, they end up going to another club or moving abroad. It depends on the situation at the time but at the moment, I’m looking t be a Tottenham player for many years.

You look at players like Ledley, Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard. To stay at one club at the top-level the way they have shows how good they have been. It’s great for them and great for the game. It’s fantastic for the fans to have players who have been there for so many years."

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/02/...ham-what-ryan-giggs-was-to-manchester-united/

Such has been Kane’s progress that he signed a new long-term contract last month – having only signed another last August – committing his future to Spurs until 2020. Does he envisage the possibility of being a “one-club man”? “Yes. It’s something I have said I would love to do. If I’m at Tottenham in 10 years’ time still playing regularly then I will be very proud and very honoured. I love the club. They’ve given me a base, growing up as a kid.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ne-tells-Tottenham-I-never-want-to-leave.html

Things could obviously change within a matter of months or years, but I don't think that there is any desire to leave. If united make a huge offer and Levy accepts, he may not fight against the transfer or walk away from big money, but the difference is that he's not aching to leave.

Not saying he is realistic by any stretch of the imagination cause he isn't but I really want Otamendi, my favourite defender in the world, plus it would piss off United even more as he is their main target. Strong, good in the air, beast in the tackle, 'new style of defending' and he looks a scary mofo at that. Way out of our price range but fuck it, it'll annoy United and make up top 4 contenders.:kaneshh:
Nicolas-Otamendi-3.jpg

Not saying he is realistic by any stretch of the imagination cause he isn't but I really want Otamendi, my favourite defender in the world, plus it would piss off United even more as he is their main target. Strong, good in the air, beast in the tackle, 'new style of defending' and he looks a scary mofo at that. Way out of our price range but fuck it, it'll annoy United and make up top 4 contenders.:kaneshh:
Nicolas-Otamendi-3.jpg

meh standard footballer tattoos b2b white guy beard/cropped hair combo. dime a dozen

Am I the only one that has seen a strange trend in which the age at which players are seen by fans as "too old" seem to forever be decreasing?

Just the other day someone was just suggesting that sadly we might lose Lloris, "because he's getting older". He's fucking 28 years old! For a keeper 28 years old is more or less like hitting puberty!!!!

Now Woolwich players are arguing amongst themselves about how old Jackson Martinez is:

Tragic consequence of price inflation in football, if you ask me. How long is it going to be before 27 becomes "over the hill"?

Am I the only one that has seen a strange trend in which the age at which players are seen by fans as "too old" seem to forever be decreasing?

Just the other day someone was just suggesting that sadly we might lose Lloris, "because he's getting older". He's fucking 28 years old! For a keeper 28 years old is more or less like hitting puberty!!!!

Now Woolwich players are arguing amongst themselves about how old Jackson Martinez is:

Tragic consequence of price inflation in football, if you ask me. How long is it going to be before 27 becomes "over the hill"?

Aren't they cunts :dawsonlol:

28 might not seem old for a keeper but Barca won't buy a 35 year old keeper probably so if you are Lloris hoping for that one dream move the reality is age seems to have become a ever more important factor.

As you say partly down to cost but also the fact football is continuing to push the phycial limits of players and those beyond a certain age might be seen as past it. I have noticed myself that players dependent on pace such as Gerrard and Ferdinand struggle far more as they get 30 and over than players that never had any pace like Terry and Sheringham.

Thinking about it there are many ways to build a football team and different styles can accomdate different players, you only have to look at pirlo to see that. However Tottenham have a manager who wants players with tremendous energy to play a high intensity pressing game and for that we will probably need a good number of young players.

The way of the world I guess.

According to the Spurs-List we are very close to signing Trippier. Good source, very trustworthy. Good player, bad news for Kyle Walker?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom