TOTTENHAM V red scum plastic wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a day. Little write up for my 100th post chaps.

That was a proper North London Derby. Every aspect of it. Every pub I went in beforehand was absolutely packed, the "hunt" for Woolwich fans as everyone walked to the ground, the few scuffles, the intimidation they must have felt getting into the turnstiles whilst hundreds of Spurs fans bated them. Coins going back and fourth.
I was sat in block 35. They celebrated their goal quite well, nothing compared to other teams I've seen though. We didn't stop singing from the start. The team showed more backbone and honor after going 1-0 down than I think I've seen a Spurs team do before. They didn't bottle anything. The fans got louder and louder. "Everywhere we go". Abusing the scum next too us.
The second goal... wow. Every part of the ground was shaking. People in the West Stand on their seats. I was row 16, ended up about row 3. I hugged over 328 grown men on my way. The joy that I felt was something you can't write about. To be able to turn to the Woolwich fans and vent my venom was incredible.
After the game Harrys lap. Getting out onto the High Road and watching Woolwich desperately try and blend into the crowds. Few stragglers getting a dig. A proper moody hunting ground. I love everything about Spurs.

Tottenham till I die.

Last edited:

That was a proper North London Derby. Every aspect of it. Every pub I went in beforehand was absolutely packed, the "hunt" for Woolwich fans as everyone walked to the ground, the few scuffles, the intimidation they must have felt getting into the turnstiles whilst hundreds of Spurs fans bated them. Coins going back and fourth.
I was sat in block 35. They celebrated their goal quite well, nothing compared to other teams I've seen though. We didn't stop singing from the start. The team showed more backbone and honor after going 1-0 down than I think I've seen a Spurs team do before. They didn't bottle anything. The fans got louder and louder. "Everywhere we go". Abusing the scum next too us.
The second goal... wow. Every part of the ground was shaking. People in the West Stand on their seats. I was row 16, ended up about row 3. I hugged over 328 grown men on my way. The joy that I felt was something you can't write about. To be able to turn to the Woolwich fans and vent my venom was incredible.
After the game Harrys lap. Getting out onto the High Road and watching Woolwich desperately try and blend into the crowds. Few stragglers getting a dig. A proper moody hunting ground. I love everything about Spurs.

Tottenham till I die.

I was about 10 rows behind you. My knees still hurt now from celebrating the goals. Ended up on floor for the first one and that second one there were limbs everywhere. Brilliant stuff.

Tottenham till I die.

'I was row 16, ended up about row 3.'

Made me smile reading that, thanks for the insight. I love the little details like that.

Gutted I didn't/couldn't go I was in a pub in Sheffield with a Manchester United fan and a Sheffield United fan. It would be fair to say they weren't as excited as me. By the end of the day they were sick with me rambling on about Harry Kane and Ryan Mason etc for hours.

Still buzzing about the win, bring on tomorrow night!

Tottenham till I die.

Wow! That's totally old school. (and absolutely brilliant)

And a great read!

Just remembered after the second goal looking over to the west lower and seeing a bloke in the back row standing on his chair with his hood up , turning to face the exec box behind him and banging furiously on the window. I'm guessing there were gooners in there :kaneshh::pochlol:

I've been thinking about the dynamic between the two clubs and how we are reflected upon in the media and thus by your Joe Blogs Sun reading football fan.

Us: Consistent underachievers, also rans occasionally lifted by the temporary addition of a “world class” player, trigger happy chairman. Spursy.

Them: One of the “big” teams in Europe. A number of “world class” players. Known for their attacking flair and passing ability. Outside contenders for the league.

Now I appreciate that seasons like last year don’t help this narrative and perhaps their consistency with both manager and CL qualification allows this opinion to hangover from a time when they were genuinely a much better side than us.
The fact is that only a handful of points have separated us over the last few seasons, and honours are pretty much even (We're actually now one up in league games since 2010: Spurs 5 Draws 2 Goons 4).

Unfortunately I don’t think this skewed perception will change, even if we finish above them, until we start to qualify for the “World’s premiere competition” on a regular basis.

So far, I've had, " we were lucky " " we only won because of their injuries" " ref won the game for us" " Mertersaker's was a stonewall penalty" " Kane's the most over rated player in the league"
The excuses this morning from the deluded Goons have been hilarious.
Anyone getting the same??
To the lad who said they are taking it well then let me tell you, I have never seen them so demoralised and pissed off.

So far, I've had, " we were lucky " " we only won because of their injuries" " ref won the game for us" " Mertersaker's was a stonewall penalty" " Kane's the most over rated player in the league"
To the lad who said they are taking it well then let me tell you, I have never seen them so demoralised and pissed off.
Feels sweeter by the moment. The Woolwich melt down is in full flow. Next they'll be screaming "Wenger out"...oh wait.

LOL, touched on his little finger the giant 6'5 ft man went crashing to the ground.

Feels sweeter by the moment. The Woolwich melt down is in full flow. Next they'll be screaming "Wenger out"...oh wait.

Yep have heard one Melt saying that enough is enough and Wenger has to go.. two weeks ago he was banging on about how they were back in the title race.. They are so thick its painful..
I've also been told that we are celebrating as though we won the world cup.. hmmmm wonder where that came from..

Of the six Woolwich in close proximity to me only two have had the bottle to talk football to me. The other four have seemingly lost the power of speech. I love it.

I rang one of them who was in the away end at the game 7 times before I got to Northumberland Park station on Saturday, didn't answer once. He's spoken to me now, bit angry still. Another one I text and didn't get a response from has avoided me all morning at work. Know for a fact had it been the other way around I would receive untold grief. Utter wankers.

Tottenham till I die.
By the time I had left the stadium and walked round to the Park Lane, they had all slunk away.
Whilst I LOVE the fact that we can create an intimidating atmosphere before, during and after the game, I hope that the only ones of theirs that were touched were those who were giving it. Abuse/intimidation and coins is all well and good but any actual violence should be for those who are being mouthy or looking for it, not for normal scarfers who want to melt into the crowd...they are scum, but rules are rules.

I suprisingly got a hand shake and a "well played" from one in my office.

I was all like:

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

Back
Top Bottom