TOTTENHAM V red scum plastic wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Superbly played C .... Bravo

If/ when we win the cup I think TFC will have a thread just on stories of what happened... Last time I woke up in the bathroom with my foot stuck behind the toilet

Superbly played C .... Bravo

If/ when we win the cup I think TFC will have a thread just on stories of what happened... Last time I woke up in the bathroom with my foot stuck behind the toilet

The will to win on that pitch was just so obvious!

Tottenham 2 Woolwich 1, match report: Harry Kane double seals Spurs triumph
Tottenham v Woolwich, Premier League: Arsene Wenger sinks to rare North London derby defeat as England hopeful maintains his hot streak

• H. Kane56
  • H. Kane86
  • M. Γ–zil11
FT

And so the legend grows. The T‑shirts down the Tottenham High Road will have a new print run, and also a few new designs, the memorabilia will have some fresh additions, the songs will gain more heartily sung verses.

Harry Kane. Hurri-Kane. A force of nature; a new Bale‑force gale.

For Tottenham Hotspur fans Kane is also β€œone of our own” β€” and yesterday that one of their own was drawn even closer to them, his place forever secured in 90 extraordinarily intense minutes.

Two second-half goals won this high-pressure β€” both in terms of Spurs’ fierce pressing game and the febrile atmosphere – north-London derby. They were goals No 21 and 22 for the 21-year-old striker. No Premier League player has scored more this season. No forward has more confidence or belief at this moment.

Kane signed a new long-term contract last week but this is how you indelibly write your name in Spurs’ history. England next, surely, for Kane who must have removed any doubts in the mind of the watching Roy Hodgson that he is ready for a senior call-up next month.

How Hodgson would like to also claim the Moroccan midfielder Nabil Bentaleb, who was outstanding, but he cannot have failed to have been impressed by other young English players – Ryan Mason (the only other Londoner on the pitch with Kane), Danny Rose, Kyle Walker and Eric Dier also.

How seismic this result proves to be – only time will tell. Spurs have been here before in recent years as this victory took them above Woolwich and into the top four. But it is 20 years since they have finished the season ahead of their bitterest rivals who came here on a fine run of form, with a refound resilience but could not withstand Spurs’ intensity.

Jack Wilshere, the injured Woolwich midfielder, has spoken of the β€œfive seconds of fury” demanded by England now to overturn and regain possession. For Mauricio Pochettino, the head coach, five seconds appears too long without the ball.

Woolwich were poor and ArsΓ¨ne Wenger, the manager, lashed out at his team’s vulnerability in defence and to late goals and with justification. Where was the leadership? Instead it was another 2-1 win for Spurs – the 10th by that scoreline this season – gained through another late strike. Only this time it was not Christian Eriksen who claimed it.

This was the Harry Kane show – with two predatory finishes and beyond that an accomplished performance as a centre-forward as he led the line brilliantly – but it was also a sweet vindication for Pochettino and his exacting methods. His team look lean, mean, hungry. They look like a coming force, like that hurricane of Harry Kane and they fully deserved this.

Their biggest threat right now is fixture congestion but this felt like a game they had to win to give them the belief that they can continue to fight for the top four right to the end. They will think they can but Pochettino needs others – Roberto Soldado and the Β£110,000-a-week Emmanuel Adebayor (not even in the match-day squad) – to help Kane out.

He needed no help yesterday. This was a display of a man determined to shape his own destiny and brimming with confidence and it was evident from the moment the game began. It was Kane who forced the first of a string of fine saves from the acrobatic – if a bit showy – David Ospina. It was his curling effort from the area’s edge, from a rapid counter-attack, that was going in before the Colombian turned it around a post.

But then Woolwich – who had set up in a similar fashion to when they went to Manchester City and won – scored. It came after Danny Welbeck, a surprise starter on the right of midfield, easily surged past Rose and turned the ball back for Olivier Giroud. Did he shoot? Did he open his body up for a pass? Either way the ball was ferried on to Mesut Γ–zil, left alone by Walker, who guided his volley past Hugo Lloris.

Ospina pushed away a low drive by Rose, beat out a shot by Mason and then Erik Lamela – once again a mixed bag of a player who clearly buys into the demand to win the ball back but then gives it away through casual risk-taking – ballooning over at full stretch.

Another shot flew wide – this time from a deflection – and Mousa DembΓ©lΓ© rose to meet the corner. The ball skimmed goalwards, it was pushed out by Ospina but only to Kane who calmly swept it low into the net from close-range and a narrowing angle. It was a harder finish than he made it look.

Wenger: Woolwich gave away cheap goals to Tottenham

Ospina sprung around even more – palming away Dembele’s shot, sprawling to push away another from Bentaleb before, again, Lamela ballooned another one. At the other end Lloris saved well from Welbeck – and Laurent Koscielny planted a header straight into the Frenchman’s arms.

Finally Spurs earned their richly deserved, hard-earned reward. Wenger was unhappy with referee Martin Atkinson (without apparent justification) and with his players, who made too many mistakes, who were pushed too far back and too often and forgot to attack, but Spurs’ unrelenting determination to win back the ball high up the pitch was breathtaking.

They did so again. This time Bentaleb crossed and Koscielny was caught out, flat-footed. Kane rose and managed to superbly angle his body to sent the ball back across Ospina and into the net. It was a textbook finish; an accomplished winner.

Wenger was stunned. This was his only seventh defeat from 45 north London derbies – in his 700th Premier League match in charge – but rarely will the atmosphere have been as raucous. He was still generous enough to praise Kane, who was just one when Wenger took over at Woolwich. He had to. The young man deserved it. His name reverberated long into the afternoon. His legend grows
Telegraph

I cannot believe that Gary Glitter looking cunt , who I now know is called 'Bully ' - the one who looks like a sex offender - saying the Ref gave everything to us and that they always get a dodgy ref when BT sport do their games. Oh, and they should have had a penalty when Chadli brushed Meertsacker's hand ffs.
I was watching MOTD last night and even Pearce said it was open all day long? Really!
Tell you what it was, a desperate dive. They are the masters of it. Sanchez has got them out of the shit a few times this season with lovely falls to get free kicks that have resulted in much needed goals.
Monreal - The offspring of a Peter Crouch week in spain - tried to get Lamela carded too. Anyone could see it wasn't intentional and there was no fucking damage.
The way Meertscaker fell over was fucking embarrassing. He should have been booked but, as they say, the Ref was dodgy.
Bully wants to waste less money on watching that shower of shite and sorting himself out. He could do with a hot shower and a change of garms.
MOTD had zoomed in on him and his fellow peado looking mate sitting in an empty park lane corner (the 'away boyz' not even bothering to wait to take the applause of their idols and vanishing) looking all morose, reminiscing about how it all went so wrong because of BT sport and a biased ref. Pair of cunts.
The ref had no effect on the outcome of the game.
He could and should have booked Welbeck for deliberately shoving Rose over in the 2nd half but gave him a squeeze as he would have been off.
He should have booked Rose, but didn't.

If anything I think we maybe suffered from a few dodgy offside calls that were not offside.
If we get pedantic, then their goal was offside.
He also gave a few free kicks to them that weren't and maybe a few to us.
Honestly, I can't see any decisions he made that influenced either us or them. Clutching at straws?
If they are talking about the two 'handballs' by Mason and combined Vertonghen/Ramsey & the Meertscaker incident as reasons they should have had penalties, then they are missing the point.
They played shit, we played better.

My last memory is about 8pm and I got home at two am, woke up fully clothed and missing a nail from my left hand that hurts like fuck, I have a swollen ankle and the wife isn't talking to me..
So long as your butt aint sore mate I shouldnt worry about it. Enjoy the moment.

Last edited:
I cannot believe that Gary Glitter looking cunt , who I now know is called 'Bully ' - the one who looks like a sex offender - saying the Ref gave everything to us and that they always get a dodgy ref when BT sport do their games. Oh, and they should have had a penalty when Chadli brushed Meertsacker's hand ffs.
I was watching MOTD last night and even Pearce said it was open all day long? Really!
Tell you what it was, a desperate dive. They are the masters of it. Sanchez has got them out of the shit a few times this season with lovely falls to get free kicks that have resulted in much needed goals.
Monreal - The offspring of a Peter Crouch week in spain - tried to get Lamela carded too. Anyone could see it wasn't intentional and there was no fucking damage.
The way Meertscaker fell over was fucking embarrassing. He should have been booked but, as they say, the Ref was dodgy.
Bully wants to waste less money on watching that shower of shite and sorting himself out. He could do with a hot shower and a change of garms.
MOTD had zoomed in on him and his fellow peado looking mate sitting in an empty park lane corner (the 'away boyz' not even bothering to wait to take the applause of their idols and vanishing) looking all morose, reminiscing about how it all went so wrong because of BT sport and a biased ref. Pair of cunts.
The ref had no effect on the outcome of the game.
He could and should have booked Welbeck for deliberately shoving Rose over in the 2nd half but gave him a squeeze as he would have been off.
He should have booked Rose, but didn't.

If anything I think we maybe suffered from a few dodgy offside calls that were not offside.
If we get pedantic, then their goal was offside.
He also gave a few free kicks to them that weren't and maybe a few to us.
Honestly, I can't see any decisions he made that influenced either us or them. Clutching at straws?
If they are talking about the two 'handballs' by Mason and combined Vertonghen/Ramsey & the Meertscaker incident as reasons they should have had penalties, then they are missing the point.
They played shit, we played better.
So, clutching at straws then?

This one too was a lovely bit of play ...
PreciousValidAstrangiacoral.gif
This is the tail end off it I think.......with sound

Back
Top Bottom