Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine united hold you off at home, mclevely and basham have your strikers in there pockets and it ends 0-0 .. Would you be worried about coming to the Lane then? Lol .. The best thing for us is we've out done ourselves on this cup now, we can play without pressure, where as Spurs are gonna be feeling it if they haven't scored in the first half of the first leg.. Just remember, Southampton fans reacted in the EXACT same way, as well as Fulham, Villa and the other Championship and Premiership teams we've beat over the last 2 seasons.. Over 2 legs is gonna be a tough one for us but I have every confidence we can hold out for a nil nil draw and then get a capacity crowd at the lane and terrify you. But like I said, pressures of us , so even if we don't it will be disappointing but we've still out done ourselves

Imagine united hold you off at home, mclevely and basham have your strikers in there pockets and it ends 0-0 .. Would you be worried about coming to the Lane then? Lol .. The best thing for us is we've out done ourselves on this cup now, we can play without pressure, where as Spurs are gonna be feeling it if they haven't scored in the first half of the first leg.. Just remember, Southampton fans reacted in the EXACT same way, as well as Fulham, Villa and the other Championship and Premiership teams we've beat over the last 2 seasons.. Over 2 legs is gonna be a tough one for us but I have every confidence we can hold out for a nil nil draw and then get a capacity crowd at the lane and terrify you. But like I said, pressures of us , so even if we don't it will be disappointing but we've still out done ourselves

We're always terrified at the Lane

:adelol:

Im not convinced that we have turned that elusive corner yet, however we are improving with each game. The fortune getting SU was brilliant and I must say welcomed and deserved. Its going to be difficult, its a semi. SU must have something about them to get thus far. I do not believe we will slip up although we probably won't make it easy for ourselves. Playing matches, is the only way we will improve as a team. The back 4 needs to get itself sorted, quickly. Then we will have a decent side to compete in the EL and the PL and hopefully this competition ....

I've always had a soft spot for you lot, as my mum's side of the family are all from Rotherham and are United fans. Also, you can create a very good atmosphere at your Lane, and I love the chip butty song.
As for the game, like I said as long as our players turn up with the right attitude, then we will win. But they sometimes appear to have a 'we will win easily' attitude against lower Premier League clubs, so I wouldn't be that surprised if they don't. Hopefully for us they will wake up by the time of the 2nd leg at least, but by then we may have a very difficult tie on our hands. I'd much rather have the away leg first.

I am sure you are much more scary than Partizan, Besiktas, Salonika, Krakow & Zagreb etc......... we are shaking in our boots already. In fact i have already emailed the club to suggest we concede the tie.

I admire your courage but you have absolutely no chance of keeping a clean sheet at ours.

P.s. LOL at Bramall Lane terrifying us. We've been to Besiktas, Istanbul and Partizan, Belgrade away already this season.

Sheffield will be the one to terrify us doe.:walker-scream:

Capital One Cup Semi Final
Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United
Wednesday 21st January 2015
Kick Off 19:45
White Hart Lane

One Hotspur Platinum and Gold Members registered on the AutoCup Scheme are advised that payment for their ticket for the match against Sheffield United will be taken on Monday 5th January.
One Hotspur Silver Members will then be able to purchase their regular seat(s) from 2.30pm on Tuesday 6th January.
Tickets will then go on sale to all One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members from 9.30am on Friday 9th January.
All remaining tickets will go on general sale (subject to availability) at 9.30am on Tuesday 13th January.
Tickets for this fixture are priced as follows:
Adults £25.00
Seniors £10.00
Junior U18 £5.00
Family Package 2 Adults and 2 Juniors – Available in all areas at £50.00
Loyalty points: 2
Capital One Cup Semi Final
Sheffield United (Away)
19:45
Allocation and prices to be confirmed.

We are good on our travels even up north our away form is better than our home form and we have been to some pretty tough places, we are more likely to melt at WHL than at your place.

Back
Top Bottom