Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last season we were jizzing over players like Capoue, Soldado and Lamela and that Levy spent the Bale cash on quality, this season hindsight seems to be forgotten

So, I just woke up.

We lost out on Welbeck to Woolwich? If the only purpose of signing him was to make sure Woolwich had no backup striker at least until January, I would've done so. Haggling over a million quid? Fuck sake.

We look like shite. Levy signed no one Poch wanted. Seems like AVB part two. Seems like post-CL part two.

That fucker never learns and whilst he remains at the top Spurs cannot hope to finish higher than 5 for the rest of his tenure.

Managers who come here and know we are a club with a DoF cant complain about transfers

I thought we were looking for investors to fund the stadium & not fund it ourselves?

Its nice that we dont put all our eggs in one basket to be honest.....its not like we have people biting our arms off for the naming rights at this stage, and if we have to take a sponsership deal that is less than what we wanted, its better that we can fund some of it ourselves, than have a costly unfinished project.

Look at Liverpools plans for Anfield and all the brick walls etc they have hit for the last decade.

Do people think its just a matter of building it?

Its nice that we dont put all our eggs in one basket to be honest.....its not like we have people biting our arms off for the naming rights at this stage, and if we have to take a sponsership deal that is less than what we wanted, its better that we can fund some of it ourselves, than have a costly unfinished project.

Look at Liverpools plans for Anfield and all the brick walls etc they have hit for the last decade.

Do people think its just a matter of building it?

The frustrating thing for me is that we had the opportunity to attract better potential sponsors by kicking on when we got champions league but we didn't take the risk. Starting that season with Crouch , Defoe & Pav & not addressing that obvious flaw was stupidity in the winter window & bejesus did that come back to bite us.

The frustrating thing for me is that we had the opportunity to attract better potential sponsors by kicking on when we got champions league but we didn't take the risk. Starting that season with Crouch , Defoe & Pav & not addressing that obvious flaw was stupidity in the winter window & bejesus did that come back to bite us.

1000% agree. That was the window to moan about.

1000% agree. That was the window to moan about.

& that is a concern of mine. Yup levy can run a business but sometimes his forward thinking on the park can be baffling. Taking that risk could ( of course it is a could & not a would) have secured CL for the next season. Success off the field , in a money generating capacity, comes from what we do on it. That's the basics of football.

I also think that seasons tranfer dealing put a lot of people's noses out & since then signing as Campbell, Saha & Nelsen has snowballed that feeling of animosity.

& that is a concern of mine. Yup levy can run a business but sometimes his forward thinking on the park can be baffling. Taking that risk could ( of course it is a could & not a would) have secured CL for the next season. Success off the field , in a money generating capacity, comes from what we do on it. That's the basics of football.

I also think that seasons tranfer dealing put a lot of people's noses out & since then signing as Campbell, Saha & Nelsen has snowballed that feeling of animosity.

I dont really blame Levy to be honest....maybe if the fanbase had made it clear that Harry should be backed heavily in the market, you know, with a more unified front, maybe he would have seen him more than a quick fix.

Not saying you, but its very rich that certain fans despised Redknpap, wanted him out, yet slate Levy for not giving him 100M to spend......they delighted in the fact AVB got that money.........

Was the grass greener?

we are a long way off having it as good as what we did under harry. like remember that newcastle game we won 5-0 at the lane, might have been the fa cup im not sure....that was the moment i realized we were truly turning into a great team. there was a buzz watching us back then, you could sense it

Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante

is this you mate?

come out mate you have called for levy's head more time than the masses called for the royal heads in the French revolution..
we get it, you don't like levy...ether build a guillotine or do a line and cheer up...levy has taken spurs from mid-table to top 4 contenders and starting building a stadium/got the funding concurrently. Name one team in world football which has done the same? only one comes to mind and they I will not name..
Are you saying that Carlito is a melt.

I dont really blame Levy to be honest....maybe if the fanbase had made it clear that Harry should be backed heavily in the market, you know, with a more unified front, maybe he would have seen him more than a quick fix.

Not saying you, but its very rich that certain fans despised Redknpap, wanted him out, yet slate Levy for not giving him 100M to spend......they delighted in the fact AVB got that money.........

Was the grass greener?

It makes me wonder that Harry's famous quote of " As good as it gets" was his dig at levy?

To be honest , I think the world & his dog knew that we were crying out for a quality striker to come in that winter window. I'd have hoped levy saw it too, if not that worries me. Yup it's not easy but that's were the risk of chucking cash at inflated prices to cement our position. It's all hindsight I guess but lots saw it very much as what was needed then.

The stadium confuses me too as enic have made it clear that investors will fund it & as far as I'm aware we still don't have any names flying about. I think there was going to be an initial investment of the club of £12m or so into getting it going to lure investors in . I honestly have no idea where we stand at the moment with it.

"Melt"

A little unfair and ungentlemanly coming from a land of high culture.
I thank you for Rolf Harris , Kyle , Croc Dundee , Jason, INXS, surf and turf,
and mediocre lager . The age of Antipodian enlightenment is upon us.

Last edited:
"Melt"

and mediocre lager . The age of enlightenment is upon us.
Do not put INXS in the same square mile as Rolf Harris or Paul bloody put a prawn on the bloody barby Hogan!! please.

"Melt"

and mediocre lager . The age of Antipodian enlightenment is upon us.

I believe I stole 'melt' off an EDL chav that runs about this place.....not naming any names though..don't want handbags

Back
Top Bottom