Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting aside their on-pitch qualities and what not, it's kinda sad that we are losing 2 of the most loved and fan-favorite players (in Holtby and Sandro). If you didn't love both of them, the chances are you at least really liked one or the other.

:holtbytongue::sandroscream:

... I wonder who's gonna take their place in terms 'connecting with the fans'?
:townhmm:

LOL
:pochfacepalm:

We spent 110M last year so no..

In 2009-10 we were CL...so no..

This year, my excuse is that this squad still needs to be utilised properly...so no

You think the stadium is a bluff. Ok...I see how that works....Let me deny facts too then..

Errrr, well, Levy did spent money this year...he bought Messi. Dont bother arguing the fact he didnt. I will just keep saying he did.

:goonermong:

We spent 110m last Summer but all of that was recouped (and more). His argument is there is never additional investment put into the squad to try and improve it.

I don't think anyone is calling for 1000 pound a time koi carp in reception and offering players twice the wages they came in asking for.

TV money is also 5 times what it was and unlike Pompey / Leeds we charge top whack ticket prices and sell out 35k every week.

Mate don't try and get involved because you are fucking clueless

Fuck off about dont try and get involved you muppet.....whens Benteke signing?

Your mask slipped a long time ago. You know fuck all from inside this club.

:pochfacepalm: This thread.
I'm happy with our dealings this window, would of liked Welbeck but like Fuck is he £16 million pounds worth of striker. Exited to see Fazio and Stambouli play, the latter looks like he's going to endear himself to us pretty quickly, watched the European Super cup yesterday as well and Fazio is a monster, Real didn't want to go near him and he was steady on the ball. Think we need to evaluate what we needed at the start of the window and look now. The players need bedding in to this system far more than we need new players, for this year at least.

We spent 110m last Summer but all of that was recouped (and more). His argument is there is never additional investment put into the squad to try and improve it.

And mine is that there is a reason for that. Dismissing that reason as a fake stadium build, and denying that the new training ground cost anything is not an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom