Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you lot make me laugh.
a few days ago most were realtively happy with the squad. maybe needing a winger and a striker but keen to see what poch does to develop the current squad.

Now the chairman hasn't delivered a world class striker out of nowhere suddenly we're mid table at best and the board need to be sacked.

Poch needs to build a squad. So far we've bought a load of new defenders and a dm/cm. i think that's fine for now in his first year. Then next summer let's buy the attacking players we need. The squad we have now is good enough for a top 6 finish and a tilt at europe which is where we should be given the budgets of other sides.

Let's get behind them once today is out of the way yeah?

I can't believe I spent a whole day watching sky sports hoping for some good news. What a waste.

Lessons learned mate. Done it for years, not bothered this year. Casually watching this thread and something else. Much less stress. It's highly likely we are done and if we make a last minute deal, it'll be a nice morning surprise.

But we never have a net spend though. You can't blame the stadium every single time. We even made a profit last Summer when we bought everyone.

Yeah like Woolwich did we have to probably have net spend of zero for at least 4 years sadly.... We are the extreme though I give you that, ridiculous why we can't spend some money, we need to in order to improve

Yeah like Woolwich did we have to probably have net spend of zero for at least 4 years sadly.... We are the extreme though I give you that, ridiculous why we can't spend some money, we need to in order to improve

Yeah but we've had that zero net spend for years already. And at least Woolwich had established themselves as a top 4 club every season offering Champions League. It's a lot easier to maintain that once you're there.

Yeah but we've had that zero net spend for years already. And at least Woolwich had established themselves as a top 4 club every season offering Champions League. It's a lot easier to maintain that once you're there.

Bingo, so god knows the sacrifices we are making......

some of you lot make me laugh.
a few days ago most were realtively happy with the squad. maybe needing a winger and a striker but keen to see what poch does to develop the current squad.

Now the chairman hasn't delivered a world class striker out of nowhere suddenly we're mid table at best and the board need to be sacked.

Poch needs to build a squad. So far we've bought a load of new defenders and a dm/cm. i think that's fine for now in his first year. Then next summer let's buy the attacking players we need. The squad we have now is good enough for a top 6 finish and a tilt at europe which is where we should be given the budgets of other sides.

Let's get behind them once today is out of the way yeah?

Personally I was happy, but dont enjoy seeing a player I think would improve us go to the Scum.

At the end of the day, I was happy with the squad. That squad is now minus Sandro, who I wanted Poch to get back to his best, Holtby who is useful off the bench, and Dawson who I would play ahead of Kaboul all day everyday at the moment.

Have to wait and see how Fazio and Stambouli are...but so far, as it stands, we are weaker imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom