Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why not Liverpool? Kaboul was a liability today, and the Kaboul supporters on here have been very quiet today, but that's another issue. None of our CH's could stop Liverpool last year, so why look to them? He did brilliantly after the sending off today, moved out to the right, shut down that flank and popped up to give millions of us a great Saturday night. Good enough - old enough.

No, I agree, Kaboul continually lost his man today. And I didn't say I don't want him to see him start against Liverpool, I'll just understandably be a little worried about him in the lineup.

The main reason to be cautious with him isn't because he might not be good enough - he's probably a better option than Dawson and today was better than Kaboul - but because if he has a terrible game it could put a huge dent in his confidence and severely impede his development as a player. It's why young talents are often used sparingly by managers.
He could be one of the few exceptions with great mental strength and/or ability who coasts through tough times and bounces back immediately from bad games but these players are rare.
Joe Clash Joe Clash

I thought he looked impressive in his preseason game. Thrilled that he's off to a good start, and to grab a goal against West Ham is so incredible for a debut.

Could have a wonderful career ahead of him. Thrilled that we've snapped up a young unknown like him.

But our first team ratings in Fifa are going to be gash, lol.

The main reason to be cautious with him isn't because he might not be good enough - he's probably a better option than Dawson and today was better than Kaboul - but because if he has a terrible game it could put a huge dent in his confidence and severely impede his development as a player. It's why young talents are often used sparingly by managers.
He could be one of the few exceptions with great mental strength and/or ability who coasts through tough times and bounces back immediately from bad games but these players are rare.
Joe Clash Joe Clash
He is lucky that Poch is there to manage him: he will develop well like a good wine!

Joe Clash Joe Clash
I don't buy that. The manager can't tell when a player is going to have a bad game, so what happens when a young player is shielded, and left out of a few games, and then has a shocker in his next game? That's what we do at Tottenham. We have a poor record of development for these reasons. Poch picking Dier for this game proved to be inspired. Most people on here were saying he wouldn't start in the League. They were wrong.

I was worried about him playing RB, but he looked just fine.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that once Vert is match fit we could probably just keep Dier next to him, but it's probably a good idea to let him do his thing in Cup and Europa matches unless someone gets hurt. West Ham is certainly not the most skilled at getting forward, and things SHOULD have gone absolutely the other way when we went down to 10. I sort of can't believe I'm saying his, but he and Rose looked like the best defenders throughout the match.

I agree, but then their competition was 25 minutes of Naughton and Kaboul who certainly didn't look like half the player he used to be.

I'm really interested to see what Dier looks like playing between Jan and Walker sometime. I think he seemed a bit shaky early on between Kaboul and Naughton. If he gets the chance to play with our first choice players surrounding him you would think he'd feel more settled.

Early days, but looks to be £4m well spent.

I agree, but then their competition was 25 minutes of Naughton and Kaboul who certainly didn't look like half the player he used to be.

I'm really interested to see what Dier looks like playing between Jan and Walker sometime. I think he seemed a bit shaky early on between Kaboul and Naughton. If he gets the chance to play with our first choice players surrounding him you would think he'd feel more settled.

Early days, but looks to be £4m well spent.
He looked shaky because he was playing between Kaboul and Naughton.

I've stolen one from the QPR lot and changed the words a little (mostly spelling)

Eric Dier's magic, he wears a magic hat
He mugged off West Ham United
And Big Fat Sam the prat
He scores with his left foot
He scores with his right
And when West Ham go down again, he'l laugh all f*cking night!

He was massively impressive as a very adaptable and trustworthy defender on his debut game. Can't really believe the boy is just 20yo. Like a young and energetic deer calf.

83Bnsz0.jpg

get it?

Back
Top Bottom