Schalke04 - Aug 9th - Block 35 - ITV4 - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I agree entirely. Losing hope in Carroll's ability to make it at this level, while Mason has thoroughly impressed in this preseason and Holtby has clearly grasped hold of the position (and isn't much older). Not sure Fryers is gonna make it either, just far too slow in his reactions to balls in dangerous areas for me. Not sure if that's even something that can be coached.

Between holtby, capoue, dembele and Pauli I'm not worried..
Midfield is all about combinations, never going to happen in preseason

I'm very happy that Schalke pressed more in the second half and made us work harder. Lloris made a few saves and our defenders were put to work. Andros looked fantastic and even even Soldado managed a goal. This is gonna help us a ton more than us putting 6 past a shite Celtic youth squad. Next week we're gonna smash the spammers 3-0

I just think he's more valuable as a sub to bring on early in the second half to make sure our press doesn't shut down due to fatigue. I actually think that his contribution in that sense is one of the most important in the squad.

What what your starting midfield be for that game? I believe you said Capoue and Bentaleb?

So on a scale of 1-10 how angry will the Rose haters be when he starts against W'Ham after earning his place in the starting lineup today?

Between holtby, capoue, dembele and Pauli I'm not worried..
Midfield is all about combinations, never going to happen in preseason

For sure. Would really like to see Mason get a Prem loan if we keep both Dembele and Paulinho. I believe he's earned it from his performances this preseason. Will likely end up in the Championship though.

You could tell he's new here, but Dier impressed me a lot as the game progressed.

YoungImperturbableCarp.gif

I just think he's more valuable as a sub to bring on early in the second half to make sure our press doesn't shut down due to fatigue. I actually think that his contribution in that sense is one of the most important in the squad.

Don't get me wrong his press is a great attribute. I think ur selling his passing skills short though..as much as I hate to say it but he outshone eriksen tonight by a long way, besides those two sublime inside out through balls, eriksen looked uninterested and not very dangerous...
I can see a spot for both in the first 11 though and I think holtby to be fair has earned the opportunity..whether he takes it I'm unsure

So on a scale of 1-10 how angry will the Rose haters be when he starts against W'Ham after earning his place in the starting lineup today?

If he's gotten his head down and is willing to fight for the spot, I'm all for it. I've said all along I thought he could work well under Poch's system, I just simply didn't like his attitude.

Based on what I saw, Lennon has taken on board Poch's system the quickest & looked dangerous. All I saw Ceballos do was chip the crossbar. Looked untidy second half with all the substitutions but the senior players took the system on board very well. Townsend looked ok today but I think Lennon suits the system better on that performance.

You could tell he's new here, but Dier impressed me a lot as the game progressed.

YoungImperturbableCarp.gif

Old fashioned english defender nothing wrong in that, don't they call him the new john terry.

Hopefully he doesn't start sleeping with the other players wives.

If he's gotten his head down and is willing to fight for the spot, I'm all for it. I've said all along I thought he could work well under Poch's system, I just simply didn't like his attitude.
I was referring to people who call him shit, not you. But there has been no attitude (towards the club).
He plays aggressively but works hard, and his words when he signed his contract were extremely positive towards the LB situation and Davies. Only ITK rumours/baseless claims.

My team for West Ham

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose (wait what?)
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Lennon
Adebayor

Bring Holtby on early in the second half to keep the high pressing going.

Agreed though I don't think Walker is fit. I'm going to assume Naughton starts.

SinghYid SinghYid

I think his passing could be improved on...he lost the ball once or twice in positions that in the PL will get punished...other than that good all round performance...
2-3 yrs from regular first team football though in my opinion

I was referring to people who call him shit, not you. But there has been no attitude (towards the club).
He plays aggressively but works hard, and his words when he signed his contract were extremely positive towards the LB situation and Davies. Only ITK rumours/baseless claims.

Well, I disagree on the evidence provided and his attitude (what's he gonna say to the public, "Davies coming in sucks, but hell I'll fight it out."?), but no need to go down that road again. I think we can all agree from his performances in this preseason that we're all excited to see what becomes of a Rose/Davies battle for the first spot.

Old fashioned english defender nothing wrong in that, don't they call him the new john terry.

Hopefully he doesn't start sleeping with the other players wives.

As much as the guy is a cunt, his parents turned out to be a kleptomaniac and a drug dealer. It's no surprise he's a scumbag. ;)

Don't get me wrong his press is a great attribute. I think ur selling his passing skills short though..as much as I hate to say it but he outshone eriksen tonight by a long way, besides those two sublime inside out through balls, eriksen looked uninterested and not very dangerous...
I can see a spot for both in the first 11 though and I think holtby to be fair has earned the opportunity..whether he takes it I'm unsure

I certainly agree that he's earned the opportunity. I think he's been absolutely fantastic during the preseason. My thought is that a pressing team tends to wear down in the second half and the ability to bring on a fantastic fresh presser like Holtby is something that could really help.

I will say that I don't rate him in the position he started in today. He's good pressing and very strong in possession but his defensive positioning is questionable and he doesn't track runners well. I much prefer him as one of the three behind the striker.

Back
Top Bottom