Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep. Sell to Madrid for 85m two seasons later. Buy Lamela's younger brother. Repeat.

I'm pretty sure Spurs already gave Brian Lamela a job as technical director due to his twitter prowess.

Considering £30m is what we paid for him and we've still not given him a proper run of games, I say keep. Now if someone offers us retarded money like £45-50m, then it would be worth considering.
Why Why Why. How would it benefit you or I as a fan if he was sold for £50million. We wont see the money. It just weakens our team and lines the pockets of Levy & Co. Bale, Modric, Berbatov etc etc etc. How many more examples do you fucking need. I dont care if they offer a billion quid. I do not want to see the club I love sell their best players every time a fucking big offer gets put in front Levy`s nose

Why Why Why. How would it benefit you or I as a fan if he was sold for £50million. We wont see the money. It just weakens our team and lines the pockets of Levy & Co. Bale, Modric, Berbatov etc etc etc. How many more examples do you fucking need. I dont care if they offer a billion quid. I do not want to see the club I love sell their best players every time a fucking big offer gets put in front Levy`s nose

I don't think selling Lamela at this stage would be anywhere close to our selling Bale, Modric, or Berbatov. Those 3 were proven players and world class. And I agree with your sentiment on them, even if we all know the sad reality. Lamela, at present, only has the potential to be world class. I know he's looked good this pre-season and he clearly has natural talent, but he's no guarantee. Are you saying you wouldn't consider a ridiculous offer for a player that has yet to prove they are world class?

EDIT: Before you get fired up, I don't want to sell Lamela and I do think he will come good. I am just trying to be reasonable here.

You make a good point except for one flaw. The purchase of Lamela was founded by (at least partially) by the sale of Bale. It is hard to make the case that we can't sell our best players because we don't reinvest the money in new players, when the player we are talking about was purchased with money obtained through the sale of our best player.

Are you saying you wouldn't consider a ridiculous offer for a player that has yet to prove they are world class?
Yes, even if we were offered silly money, I would not take it right at the moment.

Right now we need Lamela far more than either A: we need the money, or B: the time spent to find a replacement.

Yes, even if we were offered silly money, I would not take it right at the moment.

Right now we need Lamela far more than either A: we need the money, or B: the time spent to find a replacement.
Fair points you make. Again, I do hope we keep him.

EDIT: Wait, I am being far too kind here....FUCK YOU! :adegrin2:

Anyone else been reading about us buying a cb and all of a sudden it means we're paving the way for verts to fuck off to barca? I swear that story has been made up by one bellpiece and eoc has picked up on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom