New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I struggle to understand some of our fans negativity. Seventh best squad? What a load of bollocks. I would say Man City and Chelsea have better squads,ours is comparable to Arsenals and better than Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton. We got 69 points this season despite being spectacularly mis-managed all season and bedding in seven new players with no EPL experience plus Townsend and Rose were new to the first team squad having been out on loan previously.

If I was an ambitious young manager I would look at that squad and I would rub my hands together thinking I could mould it into something special.

We don't need to make wholesale changes just a bit of tweaking a quality left back,a good centre back and maybe a new striker depending on Adebeyor.

Besides we are TOTTENHAM FUCKING HOTSPUR one of the most prestigious clubs in world football let alone in the EPL. There are only a handful of managers in world football we couldn't attract. The elite. The rest? They'd bite your hand off to manage this great club.

I struggle to understand some of our fans negativity. Seventh best squad? What a load of bollocks. I would say Man City and Chelsea have better squads,ours is comparable to Arsenals and better than Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton. We got 69 points this season despite being spectacularly mis-managed all season and bedding in seven new players with no EPL experience plus Townsend and Rose were new to the first team squad having been out on loan previously.

If I was an ambitious young manager I would look at that squad and I would rub my hands together thinking I could mould it into something special.

We don't need to make wholesale changes just a bit of tweaking a quality left back,a good centre back and maybe a new striker depending on Adebeyor.

Besides we are TOTTENHAM FUCKING HOTSPUR one of the most prestigious clubs in world football let alone in the EPL. There are only a handful of managers in world football we couldn't attract. The elite. The rest? They'd bite your hand off to manage this great club.

Spot on PP.

The above was one of the reasons I always felt Arry was somewhat overrated - we went in to NLD's being better than them in 6/7 positions and still lost.

If the new manager gets it right they can do a Rodgers-esque job fairy quickly.

Tottenham set to name Frank de Boer or Mauricio Pochettino as new manager after ruling out Roberto Mancini
  • Spurs chairman Daniel Levy expected to make decision within 48 hours
  • Southampton boss marginal favourite to take over at White Hart Lane
  • Tottenham have also spoken to ex-Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini
By NEIL ASHTON and IAN LADYMAN

PUBLISHED: 22:48, 25 May 2014 | UPDATED: 22:48, 25 May 2014

• Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pochettino are locked in a straight fight to become the latest manager of Tottenham.

Chairman Daniel Levy, who fired Tim Sherwood at the end of the season, is expected to make a final decision within the next 48 hours.

On Sunday night Pochettino was the marginal favourite as Levy prepares to make another managerial appointment. De Boer's hopes have been raised again despite his controversial outburst following his fourth successive Eredivisie triumph with Ajax.

The Dutchman was openly critical of Tottenham's handling of their recruitment process when he discovered he was among a number of candidates.

De Boer has the pedigree after a phenomenal start to his managerial career in Holland and has also worked with Tottenham's star midfielder Christian Eriksen.

De Boer wants the Tottenham job and Levy has promised he will make a decision this week.

Pochettino's representatives have also persuaded Levy that the Southampton manager could be ready to make the step up to one of English football's top clubs.

He has been involved in a series of talks with Southampton aimed at keeping him at St Mary's, but he has yet to make a decision.

Levy, coming under increasing pressure to make an appointment, is ready to make his final move within the next two days.

Tottenham had also spoken to former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini about the job but the Italian is not now a contender.

Mancini is currently in Turkey with Galatasaray and has just finished his first season in Istanbul by winning the Turkish cup.

The 49-year-old is looking for a return to the Barclays Premier League and was very keen on the job at White Hart Lane. Mancini feels he has unfinished business in England after being sacked by City just over a year ago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ger-ruling-Roberto-Mancini.html#ixzz32nv9DObX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tottenham set to name Frank de Boer or Mauricio Pochettino as new manager after ruling out Roberto Mancini
  • Spurs chairman Daniel Levy expected to make decision within 48 hours
  • Southampton boss marginal favourite to take over at White Hart Lane
  • Tottenham have also spoken to ex-Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini
By NEIL ASHTON and IAN LADYMAN

PUBLISHED: 22:48, 25 May 2014 | UPDATED: 22:48, 25 May 2014

• Frank de Boer and Mauricio Pochettino are locked in a straight fight to become the latest manager of Tottenham.

Chairman Daniel Levy, who fired Tim Sherwood at the end of the season, is expected to make a final decision within the next 48 hours.

On Sunday night Pochettino was the marginal favourite as Levy prepares to make another managerial appointment. De Boer's hopes have been raised again despite his controversial outburst following his fourth successive Eredivisie triumph with Ajax.

The Dutchman was openly critical of Tottenham's handling of their recruitment process when he discovered he was among a number of candidates.

De Boer has the pedigree after a phenomenal start to his managerial career in Holland and has also worked with Tottenham's star midfielder Christian Eriksen.

De Boer wants the Tottenham job and Levy has promised he will make a decision this week.

Pochettino's representatives have also persuaded Levy that the Southampton manager could be ready to make the step up to one of English football's top clubs.

He has been involved in a series of talks with Southampton aimed at keeping him at St Mary's, but he has yet to make a decision.

Levy, coming under increasing pressure to make an appointment, is ready to make his final move within the next two days.

Tottenham had also spoken to former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini about the job but the Italian is not now a contender.

Mancini is currently in Turkey with Galatasaray and has just finished his first season in Istanbul by winning the Turkish cup.

The 49-year-old is looking for a return to the Barclays Premier League and was very keen on the job at White Hart Lane. Mancini feels he has unfinished business in England after being sacked by City just over a year ago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ger-ruling-Roberto-Mancini.html#ixzz32nv9DObX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

...well, that narrows it down I guess!

Happy Wank Holiday Monday everyone!!!

Some of the latest ITK shite....

"Who: AliZ
When: 25th May
Where: COYS

Club expect to make an announcement this week probably towards the end of the week.

It's looking more and more like we are down to 2 runners, 4 have been spoken too,

My guy thinks it will be Poch but says balls have not landed yet."

Lol @ the ITK

hqdefault.jpg

"The board will appoint a manager by this week, maybe near the end of the week"
(so that I can say they musta dunnit early, init, if it's done before)

"Rumours say that they have rounded it down to 2 from 6 and will eventually appoint just one of them"

"My sources tell me it will be someone who has worked in football before"

"A man"

"He will not be English"

Allegedly he gets quite a bit right.

But, as CJJ CJJ points out, it's pretty easy to infuse the bullshit with enough ambiguity that you can pretend to be right come what may.

I don't see that anyone can do anything but guess and get lucky.

If there were genuine 'leaks' it would cost someone their job and would be far too easy to figure out who it was, unless it came through players.

Because of the risks, I don't think ITK exists like it used to. Oh, and the recent staff changes!

:harryhmm::sherwoodwtf:

Allegedly he gets quite a bit right.

But, as CJJ CJJ points out, it's pretty easy to infuse the bullshit with enough ambiguity that you can pretend to be right come what may.
true - but he's just saying what has been discussed on here and probably other forums/media for weeks. Benitez, Mancini and Ancelotti were always outsiders.

I can only presume that you been have watching a different group of players to me. Take Eriksen and Loris out, and you are left with complete averageness. Apart from the two I mentioned, can you honestly see any of the others playing for a top four side. Perhaps Vert, but that's only when he feels like it.

No, we don't attract the top managers, and this is why. One miserable league cup in how many years? A chairman that any self respecting human being wouldn't want to work with. A NET Kitty of zero £s. The only reason any manager would come to us is for relatively big wages.

You should stop thinking like a supporter, and be more objective.

Back
Top Bottom