Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is exactly what he’s doing.

He could still say that it’s a priority and not throw him under the bus.
He probably thought they’d drop it, but clearly they haven’t and he can’t exactly back track now.

I remember a journo coming out and querying the goalkeeper being so far off his line at a previous team, and Ange shut them down by saying he’s doing what I told him to do. He probably thought this might work the same, but they’re clearly a dog with a bone!

buying johnson for 50m when your system is designed to pin a side in- illogical

having a system that prioritises width, without having a box threat or players good enough to work the ball in from wide areas- illogical

continuing to play a high line with 9 men, lacking the players in front of the defence to put pressure on the ball - forget illogical, fucking retarded!

giving son the armband - dumb

thats just a few things so far...not looking good is it? the chelsea game was the worst of the worst. he either treated that game with no respect at all or he really is as dumb as they come. that was the hardest watch ive ever experienced as a spurs fan and ive witnessed some proper incompetent shit.

WALOB

Get the foundations down, make sure the attack is better, make sure we can keep the ball better, we defend in transition better etc.

If we keep the ball better, we concede less corners. That's quite obviously what he's saying. These things are much more of a priority. If we were better in attack, we d have threatened Woolwich more. But take a look at the first corner we conceded... Weren't good enough on the ball, yet.

Hate to be a broken record and bring up Klopps Liverpool but in his first season, only two teams conceded more goals from set pieces than they did... Second season? 10th best record. Third season? 5th best. Next season? 2nd best. That's without bringing Anges Celtic team and the difference in set piece records over his two seasons.

Getting this philosophy down takes priority over everything for these managers. Once that's ingrained, the finer details come.

But. Proof is in the pudding. We will see next season, I reckon we'll have conceded less from set pieces and look alot better defensively than we do now as the players get more and more comfortable (as well as bringing in players to suit in attack)
XLDs.gif

muppets like you are a glutton for punishment clearly. if you havent sussed it out by now you never will. his judgement stinks! his system, like any system, works if you have the right players. hes wasted 50m on a counter attacking forward for a system that is the polar opposite....stinks!

hes given the armband to someone out of sentiment rather than merit. romero showed against the scum what a true leader is! not someone who will try and avoid duals! what sort of fucking captain is that! its a disgrace to the entire concept of what a captain is to give son the armband, stinks of spursy!

hes allowed us to be weak all year from set pieces, its evident that if they have done any work on it, they dont know what they are doing.

i actually liked him initially, thought he was no nonsense and a winner. its turned out that really hes a people pleaser just like poch.

Last edited:
As skilfully diplomatic and endearing as Ange had been with the media, he has made a huge PR error with this set-piece defending issue.

Now every single game onwards they will be focused on that weakness impacting our results, more than anything else; more than ever.

You don't leave an open wound for the ghouls to feast on.

You cauterize it

Instead he's put condiments all around it and laid out cutlery and napkins.

He has no choice but addressing it imo.

And can have no complaints if he drags his heels in doing so and every presser and article is all about his naivety and apparent open negligence.

Because it will be fair.

#FineDining

muppets like you are a glutton for punishment clearly. if you havent sussed it out by now you never will. his judgement stinks! his system, like any system. works if you have the right players. hes wasted 50m on a counter attacking forward for a system that is the polar opposite....stinks!

hes given the armband to someone out of sentiment rather than merit. romero showed against the scum what a true leader is! not someone who will try and avoid duals! what sort of fucking captain is that! its a disgrace to the entire concept of what a captain is to give son the armband, stinks of spursy!

hes allowed us to be weak all year from set pieces, its evident that if they have done any work on it, they dont know what they are doing.

i actually liked him initially, thought he was no nonsense and a winner. its turned out that really hes a people pleaser just like poch.

TLDR

If you need to over complicate what you are saying into that many words, chances are you haven’t even thought your own position through very well. I’m not here to read it for you and reply in order to help you develop it further.

Can you post a link to that statement.
Cheers mate

Asked if he expects a title push next season, Postecoglou told Standard Sport: “I hope so, or why am I doing what I’m doing? That’s why I came to the club.

“As somebody said to me last week, ‘Just do your job, Ange’. And my job is to try to bring success, and if you don’t think you’re going to be in the title race in 12 months’ time, then I don’t know why I’m here.

"We want to keep building on the foundation of being a team that hopefully in 12 months' time people are talking about us differently."

---

Asked if he expects a title push next season, Postecoglou told Standard Sport: “I hope so, or why am I doing what I’m doing? That’s why I came to the club.

“As somebody said to me last week, ‘Just do your job, Ange’. And my job is to try to bring success, and if you don’t think you’re going to be in the title race in 12 months’ time, then I don’t know why I’m here.

"We want to keep building on the foundation of being a team that hopefully in 12 months' time people are talking about us differently."

---

How bout try win a game you Austrailian Barry Evans

muppets like you are a glutton for punishment clearly. if you havent sussed it out by now you never will. his judgement stinks! his system, like any system, works if you have the right players. hes wasted 50m on a counter attacking forward for a system that is the polar opposite....stinks!

Brave post.

You're missing my point about relativity.

I wasn't comparing Spurs to Celtic.

I was comparing the different LEAGUES and the available resources.

The bloke has gone to four different leagues and won silverware in his second year with them. How did he do that?

By assessing what teams he is up against and devising a system to beat them.

Why can't he do the same here?
Mostly because he's joined the Hibs or Hearts of the English Premier League, not Celtic.

Mostly because he's joined the Hibs or Hearts of the English Premier League, not Celtic.

It’s like talking to 5 year olds about Father Christmas

I’ve taken the hint that I just need to let them believe.
Only time is going to tell. And I’m more than happy for Ange to be given another season. Let’s see where this ride goes.

The flip side is I did actually see a bloke resembling Father Christmas at Brent Cross a few months back and I would happily go to Lapland where he lives allegedly.

So maybe it is good to just have faith in something / anything.

Back
Top Bottom