100% Angeball, or adapt during the game? Which are you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your preferred style of play?

• Total voters
Man City and Liverpool absolutely do play a high line though. Ridiculously high.

The main difference is they're much better in the final third when it comes to ball retention as well as winning it back when they lose it (or making niggly fouls to stop counters)

City have conceded sooooo many goals this season due to their back line being far too high.

Will Ange adapt? I think his overall philosophy, no. But I think next season when he drills the guys tactically, mixed in with a much better eleven, the goals conceded column will look alot better (like it would if you took away the 12 goals we conceded with Emerson/Davies CB pairing)

Man City and Liverpool absolutely do play a high line though. Ridiculously high.

The main difference is they're much better in the final third when it comes to ball retention as well as winning it back when they lose it (or making niggly fouls to stop counters)

City have conceded sooooo many goals this season due to their back line being far too high.

Will Ange adapt? I think his overall philosophy, no. But I think next season when he drills the guys tactically, mixed in with a much better eleven, the goals conceded column will look alot better (like it would if you took away the 12 goals we conceded with Emerson/Davies CB pairing)
Van Dijk is the rock at the back for Liverpool,does same job Ferdinand done for Utd for years,no high line needed there as there reading of the game means they dont even break sweat,dont think either have ever tweaked a hammy!
Romero needs to get the ball out of his feet quicker to start the ball rolling .
We need to mix our game plan up a bit,ie from defensive corners or set pieces against ,get the ball out rapid and use the pace of sonny,werner and johnson before the opposition in comfy slipper mode,oh and few shots from outside the box be nice now and again
Just saying…..

I didn’t say injuries I said we are not doing it correctly. That there are performances that have effected the way we play that there is now fear in the way we play which causes mistakes. Look at the first two goals against Newcastle one where Udogie was out muscled by Gordon because he was scared. Then the second from kickoff we played it back to Vicario and then to Porro, then a sliced pass played them in.

We are playing with fear especially Bissouma. You cannot play attacking football with fear. This fear has leaked into our game. I have seen the fear in our game since Christmas. I don’t know what did it and I am sure Ange sees it too.
I do think next season is the acid test.
My gut feeling is that it'll be a bit of a shock as we don't progress, but I really do want to be wrong.

7/10 teams we played in the first 10 games current positions.

Teams we play last 10 current positions.
6 in the top 10. Let’s see how we do.

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

7/10 teams we played in the first 10 games current positions.

Teams we play last 10 current positions.
6 in the top 10. Let’s see how we do.

It's frightening when you think that a) teams have had a season now to figure us out and b) we ourselves seem to have regressed a lot IMO

I am rather worried about our remaining games tbh.

WOW!!!!

Didn't realise is that bad. That's absolutely shocking.

We have been cack away from home for ages. Towards the end of Poch’s spell we went an entire year without an away win.

We still have a weak team that’s either easily intimidated or massively complacent away from home. I will never forget what I saw away at Sheffield in the FA Cup last season.

We have been cack away from home for ages. Towards the end of Poch’s spell we went an entire year without an away win.

Well that’s absolute bollocks!!

How on earth did you work that one out!

:pochcry::pochshock::pochshock2:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ElmSQ0uJiug

Maybe one of the finest away performances in the league I can remember in the Poch years. December 2018.
Sure we won away games the 365 days before and after this one. Although he didn’t last another year….
:pochcry::pochcry::pochcry:

Last edited:
You can't blame injuries since late January.
9 points away from home since October. Thrashed by Brighton, Fulham and Newcastle.

Our tactics have been found out and we need to change or die. (by die, I mean the innevitable nosedive next season and another sacked coach)
Nothing about Ange persistently insisting he'll never do that, indicates that he will ever do that.

Levy gives him the quality technical players he needs for his system to thrive IN THE PREM, or it all fails and he'll be off.

And Shinehead wins again (another rEbUiLd which takes time, patience, no trophies....)

It always comes down to #baldcunt.

Every time.

He needs to get out of the way and let Ange, Lange and Don Fabio figure this out.

Just be there with the chequebook and a closed mouth.

I will say this about Ange, though: he must fully respect the prem as a unique challenge.

This is key.

He cannot just install his trusty machine here, wind it up and say- "go on, win things"

It needs very particular components for that to happen.

But, to be fair to everyone, it's his first season, and, let's be honest, we'd have all taken attacking football and EL at the end of it, after last season.

We've got Bergvall in the bag and a summer window to add more technical quality.

I think we should let Angeball play out.

Also think he needs this summer and next before the squad is solid.

How many points have any teams won away from home since October?

Regarding your point, here's the top 4 and us:

Woolwich - 24
Liverpool - 24
Man City - 20
Aston Villa - 22
Spurs - 10

Points won away from home since end of October. There's a reason they're above us and all deserve to be. No shame in that.

We've got the 5th best away record in the league overall this season too. With of course only the current top four above us, again.

Woolwich - 24
Liverpool - 24
Man City - 20
Aston Villa - 22
Spurs - 10

Points won away from home since end of October. There's a reason they're above us and all deserve to be. No shame in that.

We've got the 5th best away record in the league overall this season too. With of course only the current top four above us, again.

We are a decent distance behind them.

Not really excusable.

Sticking by my take that anything less than a title charge is a fucking disaster for this club now but I'll deal with that disaster given the context and circumstances of this season.

I do think next season is the acid test.
My gut feeling is that it'll be a bit of a shock as we don't progress, but I really do want to be wrong.
All depends. We still need to improve our first team strength but we need to do that with or without Angeball. If obviously the biggest problem Levy is not bought in we are in trouble no matter who is manager.

We are a decent distance behind them.

Not really excusable.

Sticking by my take that anything less than a title charge is a fucking disaster for this club now but I'll deal with that disaster given the context and circumstances of this season.
I don't think anything less than a title challenge is a disaster, but to be the first team to throw away top 4 after our good start to the season would be concerning. We all know that the fixtures favoured us slightly at the beginning, but yeah I'm most disappointed if we throw a title challenge away due to insanity against Chelsea at home, and if we throw top 4 away again due to not learning a basic lesson against Newcastle away.

Woolwich - 24
Liverpool - 24
Man City - 20
Aston Villa - 22
Spurs - 10

God that's horrific!

Back
Top Bottom