Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Future cash flow underpins our hotel development. Sweating the asset and rental income will be key to what happens. Personally I think they will try and sell it off, as they have done with other assets they own, but they will have an unrealistic opinion of it’s value so won’t be able to flog it. So they’ll keep it for now and just wrap it up with the club when they sell. I think it’s a huge risk building it personally, it has the potential to be a huge white elephant. Probably why they are trying to de risk and find investors to pay for its construction and potential purchase down the line. Potentially why we won’t see that investment. If you are Qatar, for example, why take the added risk of investing in a run down area of london with an asset that might not work when you could buy a plot of land in the north of England and put a huge shed up and sell/rent that off to Amazon or similar to occupy. Where your risk is less and ROI is so much higher.

Chelsea, getting the site ready for a couple of years time when they might try and sell up (I believe they can’t sell within a certain time frame but can’t remember what it is) because there are no alternative sites in west london is a good idea. They aren’t going to be in it for the long haul.
I’m out of my depth here but I guess that the Hotel would be very well used, obviously for those attending each home game but this also extends to NFL, Rugby League and Union games, boxing and then the concerts. But in addition to this there are now some significant events and conferences that are ramping up. Why do I think this lot make it busy hotel? Where do they go locally? The only decent one I can think of is Cockfosters/Hadley Wood (can’t remember its name). But basically you are either staying in a shithole of you’re staying in central London.

Again, I’m guessing but our other developments have all been moved on almost immediately once built (x2 blocks of flats, school and then there’s the whole Love Lane development which will be sold immediately too???).

Sure, but it’s not like this is an arms-length transaction in the first place. They moved it from one company to the other that has the same directors. I just can’t believe that’s above board. Surely someone has to see through the charade?
Yeah you would think the PL would challenge it.

One thing that has alluded me in all this is at what point do the PL say “fuck off mate, that’s dodgy as fuck”. I’ve seen several people online who have a good handle on these issues say that the PL have accepted this because the accounts have been published. But that’s wrong surely.

Who knows but for me this is completely unacceptable, especially as it’s likely they will be knocking it down when they come to redevelop the site for a new stadium. No one pays tens of millions for a building that you already own to knock it down a couple of years latter.

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1779891263140966532

Right, so we are in fact in limbo on whether the PL has or hasn't approved the Hotel deal in these accounts. Because at the time they produced these accounts (20th Dec '23) they 100% didn't have the PL's approval but because they deliberately didn't submit their accounts until last week, and then chose to post the hard copy to Companies House to delay their publication even more (99% of companies file vis the internet these days) the PL might have approved the Hotel deal within this 3 months (from production to submission) period of delay tactics.

Yet another thing we have to wait on.

The day Chavs & City both inevitably escape from their current mires largely unscathed is the day I call it quits, tbh........

Football in the country has become a complete scam.

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1779891263140966532

Right, so we are in fact in limbo on whether the PL has or hasn't approved the Hotel deal in these accounts. Because at the time they produced these accounts (20th Dec '23) they 100% didn't have the PL's approval but because they deliberately didn't submit their accounts until last week, and then chose to post the hard copy to Companies House to delay their publication even more (99% of companies file vis the internet these days) the PL might have approved the Hotel deal within this 3 months (from production to submission) period of delay tactics.

Yet another thing we have to wait on.

The premier league is the fucking Wild West isn’t it?

Everyone is just trying to do anything to fuck everyone else over. The rules just seem to mean little.

The day Chavs & City both inevitably escape from their current mires largely unscathed is the day I call it quits, tbh........

Football in the country has become a complete scam.
Yeah, I'm there with you I think.

Sold it's soul a long time ago and as the fans get forgotten and it's all about business and entertainment the more I'm happy just playing the game itself and not watching much, if any, at all

Y
It's very odd. If they where playing in Europe or the efl this sale wouldn't be allowed ..was just on sky sports some football finance boffin.
Yep, I saw that come up on my TL, Kieran Maguire who is usually very good completely missed this notation by the Directors detailing that they hadn't got the PL approval.

I'm glad that the PL is coming to mirror UEFA's PSR rules, makes sense to keep everything the same or at least similar.

The premier league is the fucking Wild West isn’t it?

Everyone is just trying to do anything to fuck everyone else over. The rules just seem to mean little.
Historicly 100% yes. They've been fucking toothless.

However, by going after City and Everton, Forrest & Leicester (almost certainly Chavs too) it has changed everything, clubs are shitting themselves for the first time ever. So weak was the PL at charging clubs, it became a farse and by handing out fines Clubs just knew they could absorb these fines as a cost of business and 9/10 it paid dividends to pay the fine as this was a minimal fee vs the gain they obtained.

I think this is what it looks like in a World where there are some teeth in the punishments.

The only real broad issue as things stand is most Clubs are still in recovery mode following COVID losses, which has caused a bit of a noisy backdrop from the clubs that have been charged so far. But when you look deeper into each of those Clubs all of them haven't got a leg to stand on, they've been caught red-handed so fuck them.

However, by going after City and Everton, Forrest & Leicester (almost certainly Chavs too) it has changed everything, clubs are shitting themselves for the first time ever. So weak was the PL at charging clubs, it became a farse and by handing out fines Clubs just knew they could absorb these fines as a cost of business and 9/10 it paid dividends to pay the fine as this was a minimal fee vs the gain they obtained.

I think this is what it looks like in a World where there are some teeth in the punishments.

The only real broad issue as things stand is most Clubs are still in recovery mode following COVID losses, which has caused a bit of a noisy backdrop from the clubs that have been charged so far. But when you look deeper into each of those Clubs all of them haven't got a leg to stand on, they've been caught red-handed so fuck them.

And the clubs are throwing their toys out the pram about it.

What I don’t get is the HMRC must be losing out on tax here somewhere too. Maybe they’ve got an investigation going on in the background like they did with the offshore player image rights thing and it will all come out at some point.

The massive caveat here being that City & Chavs have yet to receive punishment and virtually no-one has any faith that they will be to an appropriate extent.

The EPL making an example of a few relegation botherers is easy pickings.... (I sense it's more an attempt to get the government imposed 'independent regulators' monkey off their backs than it is a sincere line being drawn in the sand over FFP).

It looks distinctly to me like the hasty grab at a new set of rules is so they don't have to go hard on the 2 cunt clubs and can instead just duck inconspicuously under the UEFA umbrella in the meantime cos it suits them to do so; rather than alienate 2 of the 'major' EPL brands..........

Same reason Sky haven't got the balls to go after these teams; deep down it's against their interests cos the pair of them burning through billions in the trf market contributes significantly to the surrounding soap opera and generates interest peripheral to the whistle to whistle spectacle.

More directly; despite the mass wealth shift; until Haaland, La Liga was still proving to be the #1 destination for the world's biggest stars..........Even now Jude (which will sting the EPL a fuck load!) & Mbappe still chose RM........ EPL aren't gonna consciously further reduce the chance of these uber-stars coming over here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom