Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the tech happened to be working for the entire match and then it failed on this exact moment only for them to reboot it and it start to work again, yeah definitely sounds plausible :ledley:
Maybe it had been working off and on during the match, it was highlighted during that incident, and then they rebooted it.

Heard some genius in the bar claiming that we should have been 3-1 up at HT; Sonny’s off both posts and Sarr’s off the line. The fact that they all happened in the same move and if one went in the other two wouldn’t have was lost on him. :ange-facepalm:

TSmvxYO.jpeg

@ 3mm the ball was 98 or 99% over the line, considering the potential margin for error that probably should have been a goal, but those are the rules. The photos only illustrates how close it was.

Last edited:
That's what he does... says snide things to make himself feel smart and tell people they are stupid.

The ball was very obviously in and the delay with the screengrab was very dubious. No technology is 100% accurate.

Of course it was, the VAR team and the ref just decided to screw Tottenham from scoring another goal just for the lols.

So the tech happened to be working for the entire match and then it failed on this exact moment only for them to reboot it and it start to work again, yeah definitely sounds plausible :ledley:
Didn't that happen for one of our few penalty shouts this season? The connection to VAR was broken just before hand and then successfully re-established a few mins after.

No saying it's a conspiracy but it happens. I think it was Gill, blatantly had his ankle kicked. Ref missed it and VAR couldn't rule, so game played on.

BTW I think the goaline decision was correct here and the system was working.

Didn't that happen for one of our few penalty shouts this season? The connection to VAR was broken just before hand and then successfully re-established a few mins after.

No saying it's a conspiracy but it happens. I think it was Gill, blatantly had his ankle kicked. Ref missed it and VAR couldn't rule, so game played on.

BTW I think the goaline decision was correct here and the system was working.

That was VAR not goal line tech

I never said we shouldn’t expect ups and downs. Even Pep and Klopp couldn’t challenge in their debut seasons.

But the ethos of the club should be to be the best. Not the 4th best. Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger didn’t rock up at their clubs and say “I’m going to make this club the 4th best in England!“. They wanted to be the best. Ange wants this club to be the best, that clear from his words and how he ridicules the idea that finishing 4th place as a target.
Who makes 4 th the target? That should be the min anyway. Ange says it correctly but he should also look at that as a stepping stone. No one expects him to be challenging for the title this season. However what we do want to see is being competitive and trying to get high as possible in the league. If we fall short so be it but it should not be because 4th is meaningless. Someone has to finish 4th so why can’t it be us. Move on to bigger things later.

I thought we were trash first half and for large periods of the second half. XG does not mask a horrible performance.

Like you posted earlier, a rebuild season, so an element of acceptance exists, but honestly after Fulham seeing that shite first half was chilling.
Should have been all guns blazing in first half!

Those kinds of comments are swerving responsibility.

Getting champions league football vs not getting champions is huge.
It's all well and good saying you're not happy just getting 4th if you're actually challenging for titles and trophies.

But we're not and we're not even in the top 4 or guaranteed of it. So it's a bit sad making those statements and getting praised for it.

We should aim to win the title, and if we fail, still finish in the top 4.
Not sit between 5th and mid table and try to claim that aiming for just 4th isn't an achievement.

Ask Villa, Newcastle West Ham or Brighton if they'd feel that 4th wasn't an achievement.
100%. It seems stupid to think arrogantly that 4th is not worthwhile. Like a lot of fans diss the league cup or Europa. Ffs we last won the league in 1961 so it’s not like we are serial winners of the league. Last FA Cup was 91. If we are not going to win any cups then at least aim to get as high as possible in the league. We have put ourselves in a great position so we should be going all out to maximise that and get as many points as we can.

I know why you can't understand.

The thing is you don't want to hear why you can't understand so what's the point mate?
I’m saying whatever is said at HT to get the team going to play quicker or whatever why can’t that be said pre match abd we start the game like we do in most 2nd half’s.

Back
Top Bottom