Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, we've seen plenty of times this season where Ange has adapted or adjusted to the opponent. The narrative he doesn't just gets thrown out when we lose a game of football.

This shit is going to take time. We can't want a rebuild only to cry when we're not even a year into the rebuild and we're losing games.

Go back to the start of any of the top teams rebuilding and you'll see results just like today. Mixed in with results that make you think "damn, we're good".

We saw it with Poch. Terrible losses, only to smash Chelsea 5-3 at home. We saw it with Klopp. Beat Man City comfortably, only to be humbled by Swansea.. Guardiola being humbled 4-0 by Everton.

Get the guy what his system primarily needs. Let him go to work and in a years time, let's see where we are at. A rebuild was never not going to be painful at times.

Log off the internet for the weekend. Go and watch Dune 2 at the IMAX and remove this shit result and performance out of your mind. It's going to be a loooong 2 weeks.
name these "plenty of times"?

I don't know why anyone would take so literally what he will say after a loss. He may have harsher words, but not like he will lose a temper or what to show his displeasure. He's far more refine than that. But you can bet the harsher truths will be spoken behind doors to everyone in the team.

I don't know why anyone would take so literally what he will say after a loss. He may have harsher words, but not like he will lose a temper or what to show his displeasure. He's far more refine than that. But you can bet the harsher truths will be spoken behind doors to everyone in the team.

Saw a video where he was going nuts at his team's defending, can't remember what team it was though.

A big concern for me is are we in another situation where we have a manager who has one plan and when that doesn't go we'll we are goosed .We are unlikely to build a squad under Levy that will have the right quality throughout the squad to get away with a one plan manager .Easier said than done I know but we have to have more flexibility with how we play with most likely a mixed bunch of players .

He needs a massive upgrade on the front 3. Son is 32 this year, time to cash in on him even though hes been decent this season.

Cashing in is keeping him even if it’s a subs role ( personally think he is a starter next season)
We could sell him for 15m maybe how much do you think the South Korean’s spend coming to watch him and at the shop? Even if he is not in Ange’s plans (seriously doubt) it’s financially better to keep him

name these "plenty of times"?

City away the big one. Bringing on Hojbjerg to play double pivot and pushing Lo Celso into the 10. Pretty much turned the game in our favour.

Emerson coming on for Davies against Palace away to nullify their aerial threat that had been causing us problems in the first half.

Going to a back five against Luton in the second half as they were getting a fair bit of joy between Romero and Porro. We brought Emerson on to play RCB.

Those are tactical switches I can remember off the top of my head, just because I was impressed with those most. Johnson and Hojbjerg coming on against Brentford allowed us abit more control and to be far more direct than the passive first half too. But that was more just realising the personnel we had didn't suit. Same with Palace in the home fixture for that one.

Cashing in is keeping him even if it’s a subs role ( personally think he is a starter next season)
We could sell him for 15m maybe how much do you think the South Korean’s spend coming to watch him and at the shop? Even if he is not in Ange’s plans (seriously doubt) it’s financially better to keep him

Whatever happens we need at least 2 forward players next season and one needs to be a striker.

View: https://twitter.com/AlasdairGold/status/1769097322082840959

He's saying that the players dropped below standards, not sure he's gonna accept that.

Reckon the win against Villa got to their heads and the fact most of them are fucking off with their Intl teams now they obviously lost focus.

We're only going to know if thats true if the same line up starts against Luton.

I'd be disappointed if we saw that same midfield three. And I'd be disappointed if we saw that same front three.

You said these players aren’t that good?
If you meant something else you worded it badly

This is what you said

Heh.

I remember the exact same being said during pochs final few games . Get jose in , he'll have this world class squad competing they said .

Or maybe alot of these players aren't that Good/ inexperienced/ had a bad day
How predictable good one Kaz Hirai Kaz Hirai

Just going to repeat what I said in the match thread, how I see it...........

Really fucking bad performance. When you're not up for it like that you deservedly get blown away.

I don't care what results have been like recently, in my opinion since Xmas there has been a marked difference in performance. All of a sudden the primary game plan - possession, dominate, force the opposition right back - has become a real struggle and the sharpness and cutting edge to our play has become very very dull. We're struggling to progress the ball, let alone create chances. Most goals recently have had to rely on counter/transition/attacking space (valid ways of scoring goals of course, but simpler to do and really not the primary game plan). The build up patterns, the runs, everything are done to death, predictable, and the opposition contain them. We have to adapt.

Then there is selection. Look we're a top PL team, these are still PL footballers, if you keep playing them of course they will have moments every game and still do good play, score goals, and get assists. But lets have some standards and be honest - the likes of Bissouma, Maddison, Bentancur, Kulusevski, and a few others have been pretty rubbish for weeks now. You can't have numerous players going out there and giving you "vast majority poor, small minority good" performances. At some point a message needs to be sent to get a reaction and set some standards.

Obviously Rome wasn't built in a day and it is the first season and there won't be linear progress, but in my opinion the performances (even in that tough spell in Nov/Dec) were of a marked difference in those first 3-4 months compared to those since Xmas/New Year. We've got to find the solutions and get back the sharpness and verve to our play and start knocking the ball about better.

Back
Top Bottom