Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the plus side, going through extra time and penalties puts extra miles on the clock for them and gives them another two tough games to navigate around their league fixtures. The impending bottle job of them winning nothing will be hilarious for us to enjoy again.

They have a 19 days rest then play city.

annoyingly they havent got a match at the weekend to get all tired for
Typical they have a hard long ET match & then no match for 19 days! Rather than a hard away game 3 days later.
Porto did really well to take them to pens. Well done them. I thought a 3-0 home win. But if it went to pens I thought Porto would win.

European pedigree is 100% a thing in some form or another. Some teams just back themselves in these ties.

It’s why despite Napoli being undeniably a great domestic side last season I was never on the ‘one of the favourites for the cl’ train.
Here's hoping because that's Arse fucked zero pedigree. This side will NOT win this tournament and I'm calling it now they won't win the EPL. They are functional but without the refs holding their hand...nah not seeing it.

Here's hoping because that's Arse fucked zero pedigree. This side will NOT win this tournament and I'm calling it now they won't win the EPL. They are functional but without the refs holding their hand...nah not seeing it.

They won’t win the CL, no.

They’re very good (we disagree here I guess, which is fine) but fixtures are too hard to win the league. So I expect trophyless.

Next season is where they have the best shot of a league.

Ah there it is. Your 'Woolwich are awesome! (Oh shit I'm on a Spurs forum) Hate them!' post.
Oh fuck off. I post on here every single match and have watched this team every weekend for the past 25 years, I write long tactical analyses of our players and patterns of play, I give a fuck about this club immensely.

What exactly would be the upside of doing that, as a pretend Spurs fan who secretly loves Woolwich? Honestly. I hate their guts.

Like tell me how that makes sense.

No, the way I cope with my hatred is by telling myself they’ll win and then I won’t be disappointed when it happens. Exhibit A tonight. I knew the jammy cunts would do it.

But all of you are so fucking thick that you read what I say and go “oh he doesn’t think we’re the best in the world and our rivals are the worst, must be a Gooner”. It’s pathetically tribal and juvenile. I’m insulted.

I mean true. This Woolwich team are almightily average in Europe.

On the flip side I raise you one Eric Dier.

Ability on paper goes out the window in Europe, look at tonight.

All about exp, CL is finny like that - Tuchel has been shit but that's the kinda game where they'd turn up plus Kane will relish it.

Winning on penalties doesn't count towards the coefficients.

It was a draw after extra time. So England will get the relevant coefficient points for a draw.
England get 2 points for a 1-0 score for todays match after 120 mins and then an additional 1 point for them reaching the QFs (divided by 8 for the number of clubs in England that qualified for Europe)

Oh fuck off. I post on here every single match and have watched this team every weekend for the past 25 years, I write long tactical analyses of our players and patterns of play, I give a fuck about this club immensely.

What exactly would be the upside of doing that, as a pretend Spurs fan who secretly loves Woolwich? Honestly. I hate their guts.

Like tell me how that makes sense.

No, the way I cope with my hatred is by telling myself they’ll win and then I won’t be disappointed when it happens. Exhibit A tonight. I knew the jammy cunts would do it.

But all of you are so fucking thick that you read what I say and go “oh he doesn’t think we’re the best in the world and our rivals are the worst, must be a Gooner”. It’s pathetically tribal and juvenile. I’m insulted.
Confused Little Girl GIF

Back
Top Bottom