Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve been building to this game: form, fitness and structure. I’m keen to see it all come together
The only way is up from here. Everyone bar Bentancur is hitting their straps. Our bench depth is good now. Still with Richie to come back too. A big positive is player discipline, especially from Cuti and Biss. Hopefully we go on a winning run and take momentum into the April games.

That second half was the first time since the Chelsea game that we've played anything close to how we were playing earlier in the season. We were due to give someone a good hiding and I'm glad it was Villa.

Just caught up with MOTD2, Liverpool v City get a full 27 minutes, we get far less and McGinns assault on Udogie doesn't even warrant discussion. WTF, the media bias is real

Just caught up with MOTD2, Liverpool v City get a full 27 minutes, we get far less and McGinns assault on Udogie doesn't even warrant discussion. WTF, the media bias is real
It's ok. There's Ref Watch later and I'm sure we'll get to hear the opinion of the most dull, too boring for TV ref Dermot Gallagher after they spend most of the segment trying to hand the Dippers some retrospective pens.

Seriously though, why did they pick Dermot?! Every time he's on I want to throw myself out of the nearest window to end the boredom.

This is getting so cringy now.

Every team has fans that think the media / refs / world is biased against them.
It ain't real, mate. We're not victims of a conspiracy. In the media or otherwise

The other game was bigger involving a head to head between 2 teams involved in one of the most hotly contested title races in years and the media coverage obviously reflected this.
The Race to finish 4th is not comparible in the eyes of the wider population. And rightly so.

I don't get all this moaning about the first half. We dominated a 'top 4' side, on their home ground. Ran them ragged, we did. A side that people were praising for their defensive solidity. The first half performance set us up very nicely for the 2nd half crushing, annihilation.

No first half goals? Some people want everything!

I caught it last night, skipping to our game… they tried very hard to make the first half look, “all Villa”, I felt… but I’ll watch the full game later from record, as I missed it as I was travelling…

I amused myself with a peruse of their forum this morning.

Yet another team that thinks of themselves as some sort of rival to us.

Embarrassing really.
I had a little look as well. Honestly, it's like TFC Mk2 the way a whole bunch of fans are convinced the media, the officials and the world in general is conspiring against them.

I amused myself with a peruse of their forum this morning.

Yet another team that thinks of themselves as some sort of rival to us.

Embarrassing really.
If, by some chance of… well… frankly magic, Forest are 4th after ten games next season, it would creep in there, too.

Justice for 1991!

Give Gazza a retrospective red!

Poor old Gary Charles!

Des Walker, go on… he’s a nice guy, chalk off his own goal!

I don't get all this moaning about the first half. We dominated a 'top 4' side, on their home ground. Ran them ragged, we did. A side that people were praising for their defensive solidity. The first half performance set us up very nicely for the 2nd half crushing, annihilation.

No first half goals? Some people want everything!

Almost like we lured them in.

Risky? Sure.

But it worked.

Back
Top Bottom