Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can’t remember when they started the season ticket list.
Late 90s it was a piece of piss to get tickets.
Think around 2008/2009 they started the waiting list maybe?

As for noise I think depending where you sat in the old stadium had the biggest impact.
Paxton road family stand was quiet. Hence the paxton Give us a song chant
West stand - posh and quiet.
East stand - mainly moany fuckers and noisy towards the south stand
Lower South stand. A good laugh but rarely non stop noise.

On the occasions it did go off in each stand there though it was a cauldron of noise. I think it’s easy for people to remember those nights and not stoke 0-0 on a Tuesday night.

And it’s just very sanitised nowadays. Tourists, families, OAPs, blokes with guitars in the concourse and a much nicer environment overall. That’s premier league football. That’s what you pay your money for. It’s pure entertainment.
As an aside I have fond memories of Stoke on a Tues or Wed at the Lane - they had loads of lairy 15 year olds who looked like they were on their first away day - was a good laugh - and we won

People can disagree but there are plenty of posts on Spurs forums dating back a long long time complaining about the atmosphere at the old WHL

This is not a new problem brought about by the stadium -
I wonder what the average age of football supporters in the ground is now compared to 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? Just based on historical photos, interviews, etc. the average seems to be higher. Young people have more energy, passion, and less inhibitions.

Obviously one could say cheaper ticket prices would make the match more accessible to younger supporters, but cheaper ticket prices wouldn't make more older fans stop going so I don't know that that is actually true.

I wonder what the average age of football supporters in the ground is now compared to 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago? Just based on historical photos, interviews, etc. the average seems to be higher. Young people have more energy, passion, and less inhibitions.

Obviously one could say cheaper ticket prices would make the match more accessible to younger supporters, but cheaper ticket prices wouldn't make more older fans stop going so I don't know that that is actually true.

I'll take punt and say 45.

In the 70s/80s it was probably closer to 25.

Not for me. A can of red stripe (probably covered in rat’s piss) in the car park of number 8 followed by a trip to the west lower and a warm carlsberg followed by wading through a river of piss for a wee (nevermind the wife attempting to use the ladies hell hole) combined with a half-time scrum to do anything at the break.

Now is so much better standing behind the goal in the south stand with all that the new place offers. Plus people around me also sing now unlike under Conte.

Only thing not as good is missing the opportunity to bump into a player or ex player going in before the game. I got to meet ledley and Sandro among others.

A happy customer. Fill your boots.

Nothing screams 'I'm a mug' than paying £17 for Porridge when you could have picked up a box of Oats so Simple for £4

I could have but I’m in London for the day so not exactly going to go somewhere to make my own porridge…🙃

Nice try at mugging me off though.

Admittedly I wish I hadn’t spent £17 on porridge.

When in Rome or when in London...

Tell Oh My GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Why would a business owner reduce costs if the customers are going to pay for it anyway?

That porridge you paid for is hardly worth complaining about if you're just gonna pay for it, sums up the British mentality.

Shut up you absolute melt. If I want to rant about a £17 bowl of porridge I will.

You have my permission to fuck off you trolling goon.

End of.

Shut up you absolute melt. If I want to rant about a £17 bowl of porridge I will.

You have my permission to fuck off you trolling goon.

End of.

You're the sort of mug who moans about the prices in a restaurant but end up buying a 3 course meal and tipping the waiter.

Capitalism was built for stupid people like you, absolute NPC like behaviour, unable to think for themselves and need to spend money just so they can fit into a societal trend, let me guess I bet you put a picture of your porridge on your Instagram story 😆

Can't take people like you seriously, you'd definitely smash your keyboard and moan at ENIC but then spend £300 on a retro Tottenham kit and take a selfie with it.

It’s very encouraging to see so many Spurs fans on here and beyond waking up to the reality of what these owners are.

They are despicable parasites who on countless occasions have shown nothing but contempt for fans, lining their pockets perpetually whilst continuously doing the absolute bare minimum to put together a football team that can have a realistic chance of being successful on the pitch.

Their arrogance seems to know no bounds when it comes to making decisions that will negatively affect the fan base, but I would sincerely hope that this decision with regard to the legacy fans concessions is the straw that breaks the camels back..

Yet strangely around me in the south stand it is people much older who try and get chants going. Lots of the younger crowd seem intimidated to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom