Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't like giving a City player much credit, but you can't help but enjoy watching Foden play. He's the exact type of player everybody was saying our country just didn't have and desperately needed 20 years or so ago. English players in general have come on in leaps and bounds from a technique point of view in the last 10 years or so and are no longer behind other countries in Europe. Foden, Grealish, Maddison, Stones... All brilliant on the ball.

If we played like Man U we'd be really going nuts. They have very little redeeming qualities as a football team, spend large parts of games out of possesion, nobody respects them enough to park the bus against them anymore like they do with us.

They just scream mediocrity.

View: https://x.com/Lilywhite_Rose/status/1765043853688549407?s=20

There is a possibility that he's back for a week or more, I can't recall what game or what picture (probably training picts or a training vid) I saw but about a week ago I swear I saw him and spotted him wearing Spurs gear. I assumed it must have been someone else that looked like him.

Is that good or not?

Our injuries have been bad for so long I am not sure if him coming back is good or bad!

Is that good or not?

Our injuries have been bad for so long I am not sure if him coming back is good or bad!
I've no idea how it would impact injuries we've suffered, I'll take the view that it wouldn't change anything in that regard because since Ange joined he flagged his injury record (in particular hammies) that the players were likely to pick up as his training was different (at Celtic in his first season it was the same there too).

But Gardiner was highly thought of when he was here at Spurs, few trainers/fitness coaches/sports scientists get any recognition so figure that because he did then that counts for something.

I got the feeling that he was probably being edged out at Spurs because Jesus's role/expertise was fitness/sports science + Poch's son was also being shoehorned into the backroom staff fresh out of Uni. And to make me feel good (because he's back) take a look at what happened to the most high-pressing, most intense pressers in the PL after he left, we never looked better ergo peaked at in 16/17, whilst he left in 2020 (I think) he was seen less and less and Poch's Son was seen more and more taking the drills that Gardiner was doing (I've absolutely no idea if this is a true reflection of what happened and that's why he left as it was never reported).

Last edited:
Any good at diagnosing Asthma?

Live-stream of Gardiner with Asthma stamp:

Register To Vote Yes Yes GIF by sendwishonline.com

‘On current form’ lol he’s a level above Kulusevski full stop. Technically in a different world.

And he is MUCH faster ‘football’ wise than Kulusevski. He goes past defenders much quicker, he’s far more agile, he THINKS more quickly!

Everything Kulu does is in slow motion which is the precise opposite of Foden.

Foden is 1.71 meters tall. Kulu is 1.86 meters, almost the same as Kane.

For comparison MBappe is 1.78. Jota 1.78. Salah 1.75. Neymar 1.75. Vinicious 1.76. Tricky fast wingers are rarely over 6 foot.

Foden has the low centre of gravity ie shorter height shorter legs longer torso build. That's where the agility difference comes from and the apparent slow motion of Kulu who looks clumsy and all arms and legs when he runs.

Kulu will never be that winger. What he can do is shorten his thinking time, something that Kane is elite at, but then that needs to be seen within the context of the role he has been given.

Doesn't seem to be hurting him much right now.

There has been research done on players' careers and total KMs run v games played etc.

Seems that the players with the real longevity didn't run the KMs and play the successive games that Saka has at this age.

Even this season Saka was visibly burnt out before the winter break. The schedule that is about to kick in will probably burn him out again but due to the KMs already in his legs, probably faster. Then there is the Euros this summer.

Love him or hate him, Pep did a much better job of holding Foden back and not over using him too early. Obviously helped by having the likes of Mahrez and Gundogan around.

There has been research done on players' careers and total KMs run v games played etc.

Seems that the players with the real longevity didn't run the KMs and play the successive games that Saka has at this age.

Even this season Saka was visibly burnt out before the winter break. The schedule that is about to kick in will probably burn him out again but due to the KMs already in his legs, probably faster. Then there is the Euros this summer.

Love him or hate him, Pep did a much better job of holding Foden back and not over using him too early. Obviously helped by having the likes of Mahrez and Gundogan around.

He probably will suffer early burn out later in his career (although factor in new diets, training methods) but he’s on course for a career best season numbers wise.

He had a dip. Might have been tiredness, may have just been standard stuff for a young player.

Back
Top Bottom