Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Drew at City, woolwich, and UTD.

We raise our game against the best teams.

...And what trophy are you gunning for atm?

...........The 'inventing new hoodoos to stress the fanbase with' cup?

...................The 'if we had beat Villa in our last game we'd have deserved a trophy' trophy?

We are perfectly capable of beating Villa.... Will we? .....That has yet to be determined thx.

By this reckoning when we beat City away with Conte we should have won the league.🤡

Villa couldn't beat Newcastle or Man Utd at home. Yet we beat both quite comfortably...

Funnily enough, Villa couldn't win away at Everton or Wolves either.
Jeez Louise. Someone predicts we won't win a game and pandemonium ensues.
Our form and our record against Emery is why this is my prediction.

As I said at the beginning, I hope to be wrong and we pick up 3 points.

Jeez Louise. Someone predicts we won't win a game and pandemonium ensues.
Our form and our record against Emery is why this is my prediction.

As I said at the beginning, I hope to be wrong and we pick up 3 points.

Pandemonium?? You didn’t even get 1 disagree!

Their current home form has been less than stellar. Our away form similar though.

But I think this will come down to good old fashioned cajones and who “wants it” more and deals with the pressure. It’s got that type of feel to it.
That Matty Cash tackle is going to come back and bite them on their Brummie posterior IMO.

BUT

You are right. They could win. Or it could be a draw.

Hardly pandemonium though, a few people have slightly disagreed with you.
I think when you get 10 disagrees then you are beginning to cause a stir.

Lenglet needs to be got at, he was pretty poor in a back 3 should be exposed for his lack of pace even more in a 2. About time we beat them again, had a good record against them recently until last season. 3-2 Spurs .

Ironically, you’re the one doing the lazy “analysis”.

Yes, fans have confirmation bias and will claim refs are against them. But that doesn’t equate to “all teams have had the same”. Statistically, that statement wouldn’t make sense either.

If you had actually analysed this season, you would know that we generally get more yellows per tackle than most, that our opponents get less yellows per tackle against us, that we get fewer penalties than basically everyone (although we have an incredible number of touches in opposition boxes), and that we on the other hand concede unusually many pens. I (and others) have provided plenty of stats on here to prove this.

You would know that we haven’t got (obvious) pens for fouls that other teams have gotten pens for, and you would know we’ve gotten red cards for fouls that most other teams only got booked for.

The reason is unknown - it can be a simple statistical anomaly. But you’re simply not correct.
I think since the Liverpool game they are overcompensating because in the eyes of the footballing world we shouldn't have had those three points.
We know that refs do this because if you remember the infamous Mike Dean incident where he appeared to celebrate one of our goals because he was chuffed that he had played a great advantage. He got raked over the coals afterwards and then everytime he reffed us from then on we got absolutley fuck all as he was trying to prove he wasn't a Spurs fan.

I said after the Liverpool game that it would come back to bite us and I also said that Liverpool would get everything moving forwards. They've easily made those 3 points back in favourable decisions and then some.

Meanwhile we are getting shafted.

I don't remember another season where we've gotten so little from officials, usually we get a few things go in our favour due to being in the big four club but not this season.

Hopefully it doesn't roll over into next season as well.

I’d play Sarr for Bentancur and Porro for Royal. Keep Johnson on the bench because his pace later on could really hurt them.
I have no real worries about this game. The game at home we played some of the best stuff we’ve played all season and the goals we gave away were due to who we had playing centre back. I can see us scoring quite freely in this one with how they play. We won’t have to try and grind them down because they’ll actually try play the game correctly and come at us.

4-1 to us. Sonny and Werner to have a field day with all that space to run into. Having Porro fit is massive for us because he can play those passes in behind for runners. Madders will be a big player on Sunday too.

I’d play Sarr for Bentancur and Porro for Royal. Keep Johnson on the bench because his pace later on could really hurt them.
I have no real worries about this game. The game at home we played some of the best stuff we’ve played all season and the goals we gave away were due to who we had playing centre back. I can see us scoring quite freely in this one with how they play. We won’t have to try and grind them down because they’ll actually try play the game correctly and come at us.

4-1 to us. Sonny and Werner to have a field day with all that space to run into. Having Porro fit is massive for us because he can play those passes in behind for runners. Madders will be a big player on Sunday too.
If Porro unavailable I'd be inclined to play Sarr at RB over Royal considering the positions our fullbacks are directed to take up...

Would allow us to really dominate the midfield with Bentancur, Bissouma, Maddison, and Sarr all in there...

Still leaves PEH, Skipp, GLC as cm cover on the bench.

If Porro unavailable I'd be inclined to play Sarr at RB over Royal considering the positions our fullbacks are directed to take up...

Would allow us to really dominate the midfield with Bentancur, Bissouma, Maddison, and Sarr all in there...

I’m all for playing a midfielder there but more so at home against the likes of a Palace,Brentford and Burnley where we know they won’t come after us. Villa will and would expose that more.

I think since the Liverpool game they are overcompensating because in the eyes of the footballing world we shouldn't have had those three points.
We know that refs do this because if you remember the infamous Mike Dean incident where he appeared to celebrate one of our goals because he was chuffed that he had played a great advantage. He got raked over the coals afterwards and then everytime he reffed us from then on we got absolutley fuck all as he was trying to prove he wasn't a Spurs fan.

I said after the Liverpool game that it would come back to bite us and I also said that Liverpool would get everything moving forwards. They've easily made those 3 points back in favourable decisions and then some.

I don't remember another season where we've gotten so little from officials, usually we get a few things go in our favour due to being in the big four club but not this season.

Royal was one of our better players against Palace. He consistently won the ball all over the right side of the pitch and was hugely involved in the first and second goals.

It's further ahead of him we should all be asking questions of.

The logical thing to do is replicate what the Geordies did to them home and away, attack their high line on the break - has to be

Werner Son Johnson

Correct.

Wolves away when we were missing Van de Ven, Romero, Udogie, Maddison and Richarlison and Bentancur.

And Brighton away when we were missing Van de Ven, Romero, Maddison, Bissouma and Bentancur

Did draw away at The Emirates, Etihad and Old Trafford though. So not all bad.
Fucking hell, when you read that, I defy ANY of the top 4 to take ANY of their KEY players out of the team and NOT struggle...

Man City struggled without De Bruyne & Haãaālañd,
Liverpool had to rely on Klopps Kids ™®© Liverpool FC

What are our like for like players at Woolwich...?

Van de Ven - Ben Orange/White?
Romero - Gabriel?
Maddison - Sakha?
Bissouma - Rice?
Bentancur - Ødëgaãaāard?

Imagine that lot NOT playing for them for the last half dozen games...?
Would it have affected them? FUCK yes it would!

Whatever cryogenically formed infant sperm Arteta injected into them during their 'warn weather training' cult retreat trip in January clearly worked!

I just wish Ange would resort to the dark arts... 'cos it's clearly doing SOMETHING for ArseAnal!

Lenglet needs to be got at, he was pretty poor in a back 3 should be exposed for his lack of pace even more in a 2. About time we beat them again, had a good record against them recently until last season. 3-2 Spurs .
What are the odds he has the game of his life, and we either wonder what we were missing, or put in a cheeky bid in the Summer?

It'll keep happening until Liverpool win the title, or we get relegated...

Hopefully it's the first one!

The logical thing to do is replicate what the Geordies did to them home and away, attack their high line on the break - has to be

Werner Son Johnson
We have barely countered anyone all season.
The irony being most of our goals have come when we countered, or at least moved quickly. But we still insist on passing a team to death and hope they fall asleep before the crowd do.

Back
Top Bottom