Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 10th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another trophy in the cabinet. The battered them but somehow lost trophy.

Can't win away at Everton, Brighton or Wolves but somehow will against a well drilled Villa team. Okay then.

2-2 draw.

Villa couldn't beat Newcastle or Man Utd at home. Yet we beat both quite comfortably...

Funnily enough, Villa couldn't win away at Everton or Wolves either.

Think everyone will be expecting us out to get revenge for Cash on Bentancur. Ange will be telling them 100% nobody go looking for revenge.

Villa will be looking to shithouse and bait us into bad tackles and the refs will be looking to let them get away with it. The narrative is just there waiting for us like the Chelsea game.

I’d like to see us diving and making the most of every contact. Threatening to turn every foul by them into a full on brawl. Force the official to ref the game and make it about football.

If it’s about football we win 3-1.

Yeah I think whichever idiot is officiating and on var will be big.

It’s. Mad thing to say considering we lost the game but home vs Villa is up there with the best we’ve played all season.

Yeah I think whichever idiot is officiating and on var will be big.

If we allow them to be.

We already know we are getting shafted on these specific things:

1. Pressure fouls from behind.
Like the Wolves game, when a team can just foul through the back of you when pressing, either high press or at the halway lin that Villa prefer, it fucks with a team's confidence in build up and increases the chances of the fouling team to steal the ball and get a good chance. This is Villa bread and butter.

If the players are cuntish enough to milk every contact like Kane did and also stay poised and confident with a press defender behind them, even after a few blatant fouls get let go, we can still beat that.

2. Any contact in the box.
Have to make the most of everything and get in the ref's face. It's what all the top teams do.

3. Late yellow cards for Villa, early yellows for us. Then consistent fouls by Villa after they have been booked.

4. Ref looking for anything that looks remotely aggressive from Romero or Bissouma.

Need to be smart on this one especially. Romero has to just play the way he has been and not get pulled in. There are other players on our team that don't have the same reputation...We need them to replace any aggression that Romero can't risk. Cash has a reputation now, look to wind him up.

It's funny there are loads of people on here I don't agree with on all kinds of stuff. I actually really like a few of them who are on the totally different spectrum politically to me. There's a couple I genuinely can't stand, and I have them on ignore because in real life I'd not speak to them, it's rare but it happens.

The Shady ones different its mostly the way he picks arguments over nothing defends his position in a deeply irritating way. It's not what said mostly the way its said. I honestly think his energy would have had him filled in were this not virtual.
He's a control freak.

Another trophy in the cabinet. The battered them but somehow lost trophy.

Can't win away at Everton, Brighton or Wolves but somehow will against a well drilled Villa team. Okay then.

2-2 draw.

Jesus I’m just seeing here we don’t have a single win away at any of the top 10

*admittedly most still to play

Liverpool TNBF
City 3-3
Arse 2-2
Villa TBD
United 2-2
West Ham THD
Newcastle TBD
Brighton 2-4
Wolves 1-2
Chelsea (11th) TBD

Last edited:
Really not sure.

Refs in this country are affected by narrative and want to avoid negative headlines. Bentancur injured twice in a season by the same team would look terrible for them.
maxresdefault.jpg

Tell me... Mr Cash, how are you going to injure Bentancur... when you are unable to walk?

:romerostare:

Massive game for us. Might be our biggest single game all year given CL qualification implications.

I’m excited to watch and hope the team is equally up for it.

Having sat right next to their reprehensible, racist away fans not too long ago, I would LOVE it if we beat them. I'd LOVE it.

Used to like villa park. Looks a tired stadium now though, the seats look well weathered as well. Good pub for away fans there called the trinity.

It is a bit dated but has always felt like a proper football stadium on the couple of occasions I've been there. Has a very 90's feel about it. You have to walk up about 50 steps just to get inside the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom