Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The ANgeBall at Celtic is more direct and faster - the pace of the passing .

The style at Spurs is much SLOWER both ball and player.
ANgeball at SPurs also has more lateral passes compared to Celtic.

100%

What were seeing now is nothing like what we saw at the beginning of the season.

Nothing to do with being found out. We are not playing the way we should be. We were quite literally walking at times today.

Today wasn’t about tactics or selections, it was about the will to win. We know Wolves will park the bus and play on the break. There will be very little space to play in and minimal opportunity to play sexy football unless we score first and open up the game.

The worst thing you can do in a game like this, is pass it slow and sideways but that’s what we did. I don’t believe that’s what Ange wants but that’s what his players did. So he’s got a lot of work to do.

His use of subs was also terrible today. No idea how Richi and Emerson stayed on that long. They looked like training cones out there.

The ANgeBall at Celtic is more direct and faster - the pace of the passing .

The style at Spurs is much SLOWER both ball and player.
ANgeball at SPurs also has more lateral passes compared to Celtic.
With all due respect to (Celtic, Scotland, Robbie Burns and Rab C. Nesbitt), you cannot compare the Scottish Premiership to the Premier League.

Maddison, Bentancur, Biss ... they will return to form and things will get better. But for now it feels like we're a steam engine low on coal and a football team low on goals.

There was a certain novelty and fun to our chaotic approach at the start of the season after the boredom of Conte. But it's not so entertaining when we're losing games like this, and just looks so naive.

Neto is a bloody good player, so how has he got so much space to run into for the 2nd goal? We just looked so ragged and all over the place at times, and were lucky it was only 2.

Hopefully we've got enough individual quality to scrape over the line into the top 4 or 5, which would still be a very good season. But we need to sort it out in the summer, otherwise we're going to be on the wrong end of an embarrassing Bayern-like tonking in the UCL next year.
Not a chance we're going to get a Champions league place. We are miles away from showing signs of picking up a winning run to get us there

When I saw that cluster of fixtures: Brentford, Wolves, Palace at HOME - you're thinking 9 points.

BUT, at the same time you just know deep down we'll drop points somewhere.

We simply haven't been playing that well for a long while now.

Yes, because I have continuously said he doesn't have a plan B haven't I?

It isn't just a logical conclusion I have come to based on recent performances and my ability to have an opinion that can change based on evidence.

Not all of us are troglodytes that are incapable of thinking beyond our own egos and having the ability to not stay rigid in our positions Mick.

I have praised Ange constantly for the majority of the season, even when he has made changes to influence games and help us win them, however, he isn't immune from criticism and I think teams have figured us out and I think tactically he needs to adapt and have a plan B, all the great managers do.
Like Pep, when he reconstructs the team with 5 £80 million plus substitutes?

He has a philosophy that has us playing amazing football but like russian Roulette it has a fatal flaw.
He played his plan B a few games ago and subbed off the creative players and put on a load of defensive ones - plan B! How did that work out?

We lack a Kane and we need better MF support for Madison, Bissouma and Sarr are decent but not the answer. Great going forward and then turn into traffic cones when we lose possession.

We just lost 2-1 at home again, like we did to villa and the spammers, by a team who play on the counter at speed and gamble that they don't shoot themselves in the head.

Do want us to die on our feet playing football, or live on our knees ?

After the Conte and mourinho years I'll take this season every time.

Utd's position is crazy - they've won so many games they didn't deserve (measurable in the xG of them, yada yada) and just don't pass the eye test. Then again, obviously, we're hardly setting the world on fire at the moment either.

I'd be tempted to fly the lads out somewhere for hot weather training or something this fortnight. Change of scene might help. Sonny still looks knackered to me and Maddison still isn't back to his prior levels, so perhaps the two weeks off isn't the worst thing.
Alternatively, we could try to make Ange understand that we can't do the same thing week in, week out and be surprised when the opposition have not just an answer but a counter argument.

I'm right behind you, just on the other side of the door. Got your back.

100%

What were seeing now is nothing like what we saw at the beginning of the season.

Nothing to do with being found out. We are not playing the way we should be. We were quite literally walking at times today.
Oh totally. We lack the decisiveness and penetration of those first ten games.

We are playing once a week, thanks to being out of the cups. We shouldn't be tired at all.

We have fuckloads of possession but too often play the wrong ball, or people get in each others way. It looks like they don't know what they are doing.

Teams lose football matches. It happens. Sometimes you get fucked on the counter.

But what we are seeing is a pattern emerging over the last ten games. They don't know what to do.

And we've become too easy to play against. Soak it up and counter.

Awful result, awful performance!!

4 goal chances at home??? Wolves our new boogey team!!

Feels like top4 are slipping now, we are so out of form it hurts 🥴

That Chelski game totally derailed our season.
Even when we've won recently we haven't played well or looked convincing. Considering our lack of European football and early exits from both domestic cup competitions, this may well end up our worst season in years. Especially after the bright start.

Johnson, Werner, Richy, Son can all be erratic in possession. They don't help you control games.

Kulu is normally more assured on the ball but he has his faults. Extreme one-footedness and slug-like pace.

It's just not a very well balance set of forwards to perform Angeball.

We basically need two Neto's either side of Son.
That’s why we won’t improve because those front players are not consistent enough over the 90 mins. They do decent stuff then terrible stuff. Look at Liverpool today,Woolwich and likely city tonight and their front players and especially their wide players are continually asking questions of the opposition. We do it in fits and starts and we can never get sustained amount of pressure on a team because of how untidy our front players are. I’ve said it all season and it will continue next season if we don’t actually go and sign players who are tidy and clever with pace.
Also the difference without Udogie and Porro is massive.

Today wasn’t about tactics or selections, it was about the will to win. We know Wolves will park the bus and play on the break. There will be very little space to play in and minimal opportunity to play sexy football unless we score first and open up the game.

The worst thing you can do in a game like this, is pass it slow and sideways but that’s what we did. I don’t believe that’s what Ange wants but that’s what his players did. So he’s got a lot of work to do.

His use of subs was also terrible today. No idea how Richi and Emerson stayed on that long. They looked like training cones out there.
Agree.

But there was a tactical element too. We have to be able to play 3 at the back and make use of our best players. Davies and Emerson killed us today.

We play the same way whether it's working or not. Some may find it acceptable because we try to attack but losing feels the same and so does tactical ineptitude and an inability to change. Fair play to O'Neil today reactive to what was happening and won them the game tactically. We did nothing to counter it but hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom