Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we stop this VDV at full back nonsense please 😆

This is why VDV isn't going to play as a full back in this system, at any time.

What the hell is he going to do in the build up, our full backs play as central midfielders taking the ball in tight spaces whilst being pressed.

pockets-2.png

What's Vdv going to do here in the box?

Have circled both our full backs here, VDV playing this high up and contributing to our build up just doesn't make sense for anyone.

pockets.png

:gallashmm:

According to some things I read in the past, it was because the league either felt it was unfair on them or would overload an already congested season.
As football in those days was like playing on the beach after the end of September and drawn cup games were always replayed it was probably a sound idea for the less athletically tuned players who played in clogs and had to use a football that weighed the same as a medicine ball by half time
England were invited to the inaugural WC in 1930, but the football League declined. They were invited again in 34 in Italy even though England were still not members of FIFA.
Again they declined. The Foreign Office felt that with events in Europe, England could not be seen to fail so stayed at home.
You couldn't make it up. :levywtf:

in what way?
In thinking that because VDV has played left back previously that it's likely he will be selected there under Postecoglou.

I would agree with Shady that he won't be played there, because he was bought as a centre back with incredible speed and decent passing ability, because we play with a high line in possession and on transition, and more often than not play out from the back. He wasn't bought to play left back in a system that requires him to be a technical footballer in a midfield position and even making forays into the opposition box.

I can't see him playing left back under this manager while we have options available that are far better suited to the skillset that Ange wants from a "full back".

In thinking that because VDV has played left back previously that it's likely he will be selected there under Postecoglou.

I would agree with Shady that he won't be played there, because he was bought as a centre back with incredible speed and decent passing ability, because we play with a high line in possession and on transition, and more often than not play out from the back. He wasn't bought to play left back in a system that requires him to be a technical footballer in a midfield position and even making forays into the opposition box.

I can't see him playing left back under this manager while we have options available that are far better suited to the skillset that Ange wants from a "full back".
Yeah, thats what I said , VdV has played there but Davies will be picked and play LB , dunno why I was picked up on it /shrug

Yeah, thats what I said , VdV has played there but Davies will be picked and play LB , dunno why I was picked up on it /shrug
I guess your post came across as you advocating for Mickey at LB rather than saying "he could do a decent job there if we have no other choice"

Semantics I suppose.

So long as we smash the Black Country Bumpkins who really cares?

UTS.

Back
Top Bottom