Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like they want to upgrade on Kulu, which is great.
If Kulu had maintained that form he had when he first joined, boy oh boy what a player we'd have on our hands. But he was very average last season and can't say he's set the world alight this year, though he's had some good moments and his stats aren't atrocious.

I love how hard he tries, how physical he is, nice & clever bloke too...but at the same time he does my head in with his clear lack of pace, his limited bag of tricks that sees him do the same thing over & over again, he doesn't take shots when he really should (prime example vs Brentford)...

Can't see him not being at Spurs next year, especially with that Bergvall kid joining and needing a compatriot to help him settle...but hopefully yeah, we'll have bought a better option at RW.

It's just bewildering, the amount of people who have fallen for the mirage that is Raphinha.

I just don't get it.

He's just a good player.

That's it.
For what it's worth, Barcelona fans are fed up with him - been hurt and so in and out of the team this year, but they're all a bit upset that he's been outplayed by a 16 year old. Also, worringly, they think he looks slow. I am especially hesitant to spend money on late 20s wingers who may be on the downturn physically.

Fun read: 11 - Raphinha

For what it's worth, Barcelona fans are fed up with him - been hurt and so in and out of the team this year, but they're all a bit upset that he's been outplayed by a 16 year old. Also, worringly, they think he looks slow. I am especially hesitant to spend money on late 20s wingers who may be on the downturn physically.

Fun read: 11 - Raphinha
Yeah they don't like him over there, I don't think he's as silky as Barcelona expect from their wingers, but he's still very productive, so he might be undervalued by them, which might make him a good buy.

Journey Of Allen Strange Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind
Might have to change his first name to Dee once he gets there.

If Kulu had maintained that form he had when he first joined, boy oh boy what a player we'd have on our hands. But he was very average last season and can't say he's set the world alight this year, though he's had some good moments and his stats aren't atrocious.

I love how hard he tries, how physical he is, nice & clever bloke too...but at the same time he does my head in with his clear lack of pace, his limited bag of tricks that sees him do the same thing over & over again, he doesn't take shots when he really should (prime example vs Brentford)...

Can't see him not being at Spurs next year, especially with that Bergvall kid joining and needing a compatriot to help him settle...but hopefully yeah, we'll have bought a better option at RW.
Kulusevski and Bergvall play in different positions. Yes, Kulu has been used as a CMF but Bergvall has not played as a WF; so Bergvall's arrival will not challenge Kulu's position out wide.
Besides, Angelos has praised Kulu and his work-rate and attitude that I doubt Angelos is looking to get rid of Kulu.

Sell Richarlison? Surely he’s at least good enough to be back up CF.

Ultimately yeah. He’s a grafter but technically limited which makes his hold up play weak.

I think there’s a conundrum with him which is, to get the best out of him you have to play him every week and more or less play a certain style of attacking play to get the best out of him. I I think we’ve seen what happens if he only gets to play in fits and starts he loses any kind of rhythm.

I think he can only play as a CF, and I definitely think there are better out there.

Ultimately yeah. He’s a grafter but technically limited which makes his hold up play weak.

I think there’s a conundrum with him which is, to get the best out of him you have to play him every week and more or less play a certain style of attacking play to get the best out of him. I I think we’ve seen what happens if he only gets to play in fits and starts he loses any kind of rhythm.

I think he can only play as a CF, and I definitely think there are better out there.
Who should we replace him with?

Kulusevski and Bergvall play in different positions. Yes, Kulu has been used as a CMF but Bergvall has not played as a WF; so Bergvall's arrival will not challenge Kulu's position out wide.
Besides, Angelos has praised Kulu and his work-rate and attitude that I doubt Angelos is looking to get rid of Kulu.
They're both Swedes, that's what I meant by helping LB settle

On Pedro Neto, his three big injuries have all been in different areas: his knee, his ankle, and his hamstring.
And he has come back flying and performing brilliantly, Every. Single. Time. He still has his explosiveness

He has simply been unlucky. Nothing has reoccurred so far. We’re not talking about someone like Sessegnon here

If Spurs do a deal, I’m sure the bulk of the fee would be in appearance add-ons anyway, just in case

Who should we replace him with?

On Pedro Neto, his three big injuries have all been in different areas: his knee, his ankle, and his hamstring.
And he has come back flying and performing brilliantly, Every. Single. Time. He still has his explosiveness

He has simply been unlucky. Nothing has reoccurred so far. We’re not talking about someone like Sessegnon here

If Spurs do a deal, I’m sure the bulk of the fee would be in appearance add-ons anyway, just in case

So Wolves are going to sell one of the best assets on a friendly appearance/add-on type deal because???

Please God (Levy) save us from Kulusevski and Johnson right wing. That is quite literally a 13th place RW rotation. Neither are good enough.

So we are going to finish 13th?

How about a wager, if we finish 13th I'll never post on this forum again

When we finish higher than 13th you will never post any shit on here again you pathetic cunt

I think Scandinavians usually have a pretty easy time settling in the UK. I'm sure Bergvall's English is fine already.
Yeah sure, they're great with foreign languages. But still, he's a 18yo kid who's gonna go live abroad for the first time. New country, new culture, big friggin club. It does help to have Kulu here.

There's no way that Wolves agree to (eg) 20m cash + 30m add-ons (or a similar ratio).... Not a chance.

Back
Top Bottom