Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calvert
Exactly! People keep going on about all out attack Angeball. Did we see any attacking play after 20 mins in the 2nd half? We didn’t have a shot! I just don’t get it as in what we are trying to do with the ball. We struggle to move the ball into their final third as they pressed. Yet they were all over us in our third. How comes they could play in our half but couldn’t on a consistent basis do the same. The sloppiness is a result of all that slow passing g at the back which tend to go nowhere then one of the defenders tries to force and play a risky ball into midfield.
Which we then lose.
massive part of the issue is Hojberg. Poor player for this style of play, no surprise the progressive football has drifted since Biss has been out and he’s come in

Iago Santiago , highly rated winger in our under 23 team was on the bench against Brentford, didn’t get on. He wasn’t even on the bench against Everton. Brian Gil, a winger we were hoping to sell/loan during the recent window, was on the bench and came on against Everton. I’m puzzled.

Surely to Fuck even the most happy clapping, easy going, glass half full, optimistic, never critical fan would be disappointed with a 7th or 8th place finish, on the back of no European football, and with early exits from both domestic cup competitions......

Please tell me I'm not wrong :avbcringe:

Airfixx Airfixx . Please tell me on not wrong, mate.

Nobody would be happy with that except you because it would fit your agenda perfectly

Not sure no nonsense! Both his “challenges” were dumb and didn’t need to do either. Another day some ref might give pen. I know his young but surely someone would have told him don’t do anything g stupid and give the ref /var something to look at.

Neither were ever pens in any universe.

One was a yellow card for simulation. Beto is a big dude, he’d been given instructions to go on and try to win decisions from the new kid on the block. Fortunately he’s a donkey so made himself look stupid in the process.

Iago Santiago , highly rated winger in our under 23 team was on the bench against Brentford, didn’t get on. He wasn’t even on the bench against Everton. Brian Gil, a winger we were hoping to sell/loan during the recent window, was on the bench and came on against Everton. I’m puzzled.

Puzzled by what exactly?

Youre seriously wondering why a player who's 20 years old and never played a minute of men's football doesn't make our bench consistently? 😂

And FYI, Santiago wasn't on the bench against Brentford.

Surely to Fuck even the most happy clapping, easy going, glass half full, optimistic, never critical fan would be disappointed with a 7th or 8th place finish, on the back of no European football, and with early exits from both domestic cup competitions......

Please tell me I'm not wrong :avbcringe:

Airfixx Airfixx . Please tell me on not wrong, mate.
Before the season started or now? I think most supporters who realised that to turn the club around from where we were at the end of last season was a huge job.

There are different ways of finishing 7th/8th and most reasonable fans would judge the season based of context. People wouldn't have expected Chelsea, United and Newcastle to have dropped so many points for example.

Say we finished 7th or 8th after having a poor start but then went on a run at the end of the season. We could see a clear attacking style of play being developed with players playing for each other and the shirt. Fans enjoying watching the team again and being able to see progress on and off the pitch with top talent choosing to join us over other huge clubs. Why would you be disappointed with this?

This has been a huge transition season for the club and Ange has done a fantastic job. I am one of the optimistic happy clapper fans you refer to and I would be hugely disappointed if we don't get top 5 from where we are now.

We weren’t really in trouble during the second half even though we didn’t play great.

We didn’t win the game because of bad game management towards the end. Surely Ange can compromise on that ? Even Man City take the ball to the corner flag when they are ahead near the finish line.

We’re giving away too many unnecessary corners and free kicks. Not just in this game but in matches like Bournemouth and the Everton home game.

And FFS put a man in there to protect Vicario at corners.

And sorry but taking off Maddison when we were defending a narrow lead and needed to keep the ball didn’t make sense.

Fairly minor tweaks needed …

If we get top 4 then for this season that's a success from where we were 100%. I still want to see our manager and players improve tactically and a lot of the same issues are arising right now keep happening week in week out which is a concern for me.
I think with other teans like chavs manure and barcodes struggling a bit then we really have a great chance. I know it’s first season but that doesn’t mean we right it off! Especially when the opportunity is there. We have no other games so should really be going all out in every gane leaving nothing on the pitch. That’s what I want to see. I want to see some urgency , tempo and aggression in our play. There is no exscuses. A lot of players have now been here a few years and we have added some quality like MADDs, VDV, porro, destiny, Sarr and so on. So why should t we be aiming for as high as possible. I don’t buy into the whole Angeball project. At the end of the day the players go out and should play with the freedom they have been given by Ange. Just bloody go for it and no easing off in games.

I’d like to see us work on two things. First, initial distribution from the goalkeeper. He rolls it across to one of ours who is surrounded by attackers and then we push it across to the defender on the other side who also has attackers close; then he gets tackled and only just recovers to move the ball upfield. All unnecessarily dangerous.
Secondly, as we try to move the ball upfield, we so easily lose possession, we far too often don’t even get out of our half.
A lot of that went on today and it’s just not good for my heart health!
Spot on!

Stats are stats - no matter what or how you feel
==
Tottenham have now conceded EIGHT goals after the 90 minute mark in the Premier League this season.
That tally is more than any other side in the league this term and the most they have ever conceded in a the EPL campaign.

And yet some people wet their pants if the mentality is questioned or the term 'Spursy' is justifiably used in such context .🙄

360_F_292875580_hVFy6T0hiHNV6buONIlS1yjqsxYFubLR.jpg

On in the 64th minute.

I was thinking more of Romero, whether fatigue was contributing to a lapse of concentration late on.
Why does he have fatigue ? It’s not like his all over the pitch. Everton prbly out more energy into the gane. Think the OG was just a tad unlucky . Another day it goes wide. He was stretching but just couldn’t get enough on it. However Everton lived by the motto of you don’t buy a ticket you don’t win the lottery. Our corners and free kicks were pathetic.

Very very very strange decision , I would have preferred to bring Royale on and push Porro up higher , still we got sucker punched with a set piece , what annoys me more is we knew exactly what their game plan would be yet we still let them beat us on 2 set pieces!
Yeah why don’t we ever try that? Surely porro is gonna be better option at RW with royal behind than playing either bj or deki. Porro is the only one who can put in decent crosses. With royal at rb prbly makes our defence a bit more solid and he offers some height.

Yes there is always next year and next season....
Fuck next year! Why can’t we on an individual match basis win this game? I thought we always attack and look to score. Yet in most games recently, bar a few minutes, have done nothing of the sort. We just don’t like we playing to attack and score. It’s all so ponderous.

Fuck next year! Why can’t we on an individual match basis win this game? I thought we always attack and look to score. Yet in most games recently, bar a few minutes, have done nothing of the sort. We just don’t like we playing to attack and score. It’s all so ponderous.

Have you been on many holidays recently?

I feel like you need a nice break somewhere. Just an observation.

Not with me. It’s not an invitation. Don’t get any ideas.

Back
Top Bottom