Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton were effective, but could not say they played well, they are long ball set piece merchants, horrible to watch and feel for any their fans that has to watch that week in week out. No harm, but hates Dyches football so hope they go down.

We played really well today, 1-15, I can't see your point for the life of me.

We didn't draw because we were weak mentally, we drew because our opponents played really well and got a shade lucky at the close.

That could easily have happened with your fantasy Spurs XI with a reincarnation of Sir Bill at the helm. It happens in football ALL THE TIME.

If you think that a point at Goodison is down to Levy-ENIC you're batshit crazy.
Utterly pointless trying to engage with the fraud Bill. It doesn't care about the game, it's just an excuse to stoke the fires on here.

There's been a buildup of positive feelings towards the club over the last few days/weeks, all the fraud is doing is trying to erase that.

Conspicuously absent when things are going well.

It’s the colour of a shit when you didn’t have time for a meal so ate a protein bar instead
Disgust GIF

Just got to stop keep giving away two goals a game it's suicidal.
I looked at the stats and we have only scored more than 2 goals in 5 games out of 23z Burnley 5, barcodes 4, city 3, bmouth 3 and Brentford 3. A lot of games we have won 2-1. So there is a problem there as what Ange is saying how he wants to play and what we actually doing is not the same. If we are supposed to be all out attacking front foot agggressive team we are not showing. To boot we have wingers who are soft.
Further think we have let in 12 goals in last 6 games and in most of those games the oppo prbly should have got more points from the game. Everton twice , bmouth and Brentford you could say deserved more. Brighton whipped us.
I know it early stages but there appears to be no defence tactical plan other than VDV saving us. On the attacking side we hardly create any good chances now. V bmouth we were clinical but outside of the goals didn’t offer too much. Same today and v Brentford. The team also seems to playing more on the transition. When was the last time we had good control of the game and had the ball in the oppo half. A lot of our pocession is just with Vic and the two CBs. Something needs to change especially right wing where both kulu and bj have stunk the place out!

Midfield virtually went missing after our first

Hojberg should never start again imv
Im getting close to kulu as well. Offers f all! BJ is general shite but is in his first season. Don’t really see much scope for improvemve as he looks a very limited player. Still have to question why we bought him and decided to pay so much. Watched motd and there are so many wide players who are miles better.

Still really annoyed but a draw away to those brutes fighting for survival is probably not terrible
Its not a loss and it would have given Ange more insight into what further changes/skills to address he has to make in the next few matches

Just got to stop keep giving away two goals a game it's suicidal.
This is where I am confused. Easy I know . But aren’t we supposed to have bought an amazing defensive pair? Yet we ship goals like it’s the natural order of things.
To quote some American, attack wins games, defence wins championships.
Best defensive record in the EPL currently, the top 3 sides.

You think these players are being badly coached?
Where did I say that?

I'm saying you don’t concede that many late goals if you're strong mentally FOR 90+ MINS WEEK IN WEEK OUT and if your coach makes the right plays IN THE CLOSING STAGES EACH & EVERY GAME.

** Edited in bold so as to make my thoughts extra clear**

Last edited:
I thought Everton did well to find our weaknesses and their fans were excellent and influencing the ref.

Vicario had a poor game and seemed to lack confidence. Once again, as we saw against City and Brenford he was reluctant to come out and play sweeper, and more often than not hesitated and retreated back to his goal.

Every team will be looking to target him on corners now. I'm surprised the ref didn't give the foul for the first goal, but hey.....if it's allowed down one end, why didn't we do the same down the other?

As I said before, we are not too far from conteball recently when winning games, this game management is pretty horrendous, we just sit down, string some shit passes until we lose the ball and have to organize defensively again, it seems even no one will ever try to win a match again for a more than 1 goal margin.
Look at the stats and see how many games we have won by 1. There is a lot do I don’t get this BS about keep attacking and going for it. Last 20 mins yday don’t think we went for it.

Earlier in the season we had a mentality of killing teams off when we were up and we have lost that in recent months I feel.

The biggest thing that needs working on for the remainder of the season and before next season is Ange really drilling in the mentality of fighting to the final whistle in every single game and being brave enough to try and kill the game when you are on top.
Not sure we ever did except Burnley away and toon the other ganes have all been close and on another we don’t get the win. Dippers game v 9 that was a draw until we got lucky with final kick OG.

Back
Top Bottom