Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some stats that matter...

- Johnson's passing accuracy? 40%. Udogie's was 63%. Passing accuracy in their half? 67%. Crossing accuracy? 9%...yes, NINE. Lack of quality & composure

-Werner had 27 touches. All game

- We won only 42% of total duels...37% of aerial duels...lack of fight (?)

- We made 28 clearances to their 14...they battered us

g0So.gif
Nosferatu

Teams have had time to work out how to get at us. We get murdered in the full back positions as ours are always central and far up the pitch.
Worked us out as in you can foul the keeper on a corner and block him out the way and score a goal?
Regardless of why some say , if Ange makes top 4 this season after losing Kane that’s a great season, yes I know the game is about trophies but let’s be honest most of us , myself included were thinking a top half finish would be successful!
Edit - Also Sarr or Bissouma help with more cover for the fullbacks

I don’t think Skipp or Hjojberg are crap it’s just you can’t have them both on at the same time - it’s a shame Gio is made of glass as Gio for Maddison would have been a better sub , the subs were very strange but I also think Ange had little other options other than leave Maddison on but then maybe Ange knows he can’t play the full game yet without risking Injury!
The result today hurts as it’s the same again , a goal right at the end but hopefully after Brighton we will have a full squad back again and can finish the season strong - I don’t just mean results , I want to see some of that good football from the start of the season again!

As I just said in another post....

Skipp, Dragusin & Gil (who was just brought on as fresh legs) is a stronger proposition than Werner, Maddison & PEH if you're trying to 'shut up shop'.

Should we have tried to stay on the front foot instead of 'shutting up shop'?

That's another (tactical) discussion; but the subs - on spec - should have made us MORE physical and more resilient.... Much like the earlier 2 of BJ & Bentancur off / Kulu & Sarr on ought to have too.

What's more worrying is that since we've had what appears to be our strongest back 4/5 finally available again, we've conceded 5 goals!
Man City shoulda ended 0-0, Brentford 3-1 and today 2-1...
Not closing out games and conceding late SO often is gonna kill us more than the 4 match run after the Chelsea game!

...and yet the fat red faced cunt got his wish in the end!

Related?

:angryscouser:

Teams have had time to work out how to get at us. We get murdered in the full back positions as ours are always central and far up the pitch.

Then we need to adapt amd quickly. But there is an argument that all teams have a style of play, so not quite sure it holds-up.

We just need to be better but 4th is proof of a lot more right and not combated than the opposite.

Which honestly would be incredible, considering we lost Kane, and the amount of suspensions and injuries we’ve had, while implementing a new system.

The first 10 games got everyone carried away and thinking we could do the unthinkable, when at the start of the season most would have predicted us to finish anywhere between 5-8th
And also been affected hugely by Asian cup and AFCON with 3 starters out.

Some stats that matter...

- Johnson's passing accuracy? 40%. Udogie's was 63%. Passing accuracy in their half? 67%. Crossing accuracy? 9%...yes, NINE. Lack of quality & composure

-Werner had 27 touches. All game

- We won only 42% of total duels...37% of aerial duels...lack of fight (?)

- We made 28 clearances to their 14...they battered us

And we drew, so they didn't did they..

Just before end of half, Luton stick a guy in front of leeper on a corner, to fend off player trying to get into him.

Easy-peasy. Job done.

If we don't start doing that, it's going to be a long second half of a season with this shit, every single fucking game.

Or it just proves how much bollocks XG can be at times.......

Both our goals were far more credible goal scoring opportunities than their scrappy bollocks..... And in the 2nd half we forced more saves too.
Far better to look at, sure.

The vast majority of goals are scored inside the 6 yard box and especially inside the penalty box. Richy’s second is a statistical outlier.

They had several shots/headers in and around the 6 yard box.

Possession doesn’t always win matches, possession and creation does. We need to do more with our possession and I suspect as Maddison and Bentancur get healthy, Bissouma and Son return, and Sarr is back in the fold, we will get back to creating a hell of a lot more than we did today.

The game reminded me of a similar game up there with AVB in charge

2-1 up with just a few minutes to go and we manage to lose 3-2

As I just said in another post....

Skipp, Dragusin & Gil (who was just brought on as fresh legs) is a stronger proposition than Werner, Maddison & PEH if you're trying to 'shut up shop'.

Should we have tried to stay on the front foot instead of 'shutting up shop'?

That's another (tactical) discussion; but the subs - on spec - should have made us MORE physical and more resilient.... Much like the earlier 2 of BJ & Bentancur off / Kulu & Sarr on ought to have too.
We’ve seen under Conte etc that shutting up shop just puts you under more pressure - should keep the ball and play front foot in their half, or at least try

Nah, I genuinely think we'll make CL (especially if 5th gets a spot too come the end of the season).

I just fucking knew we couldn't hold onto the great vibes from this week (beating Brentford, the last minute signing, etc) without some kind of bump in the road here.

I'm mostly annoyed that it was our poorest league performance since... Brighton or Wolves?
5th doesn't give you CL anymore, i think!

Back
Top Bottom