January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed, at the moment our only true player similar is Bissouma and while brilliant can also be slightly erratic. Bentancur can cover that role but I still think he is a box to box more than a deep playmaker.

I think we need more than one natural number 6 in the squad, this would be a good buy unless they think Tyrese Hall is ready to step up which I suspect is too early.

Biss isn't a DLP (deep lying yes; playmaker? Nah)..... He's a box 2 box masquerading as a #6.

Of the two, Bentancur has by far the more versatile passing range in his locker.

Last edited:
It’s stuff like this that betrays how much bollocks Romano chats.

The idea that he’s privy to some Game of Thrones style family melodrama, with informants speaking on behalf of competing houses.

My favourite ITK ever though, was when Hercules claimed to have the scoop on potential takeover talks.

Are they staying schtum on Bergvall after getting burned with Nusa?

The idea that he’s privy to some Game of Thrones style family melodrama, with informants speaking on behalf of competing houses.

My favourite ITK ever though, was when Hercules claimed to have the scoop on potential takeover talks.

Slow slow deadline day.... Europe skint

PL clubs facing FFP problems.

Have to find drama somewhere

Biss isn't a DLP (deep lying yes; playmaker? Nah)..... He's a box 2 box masquerading as a #6.

Sure he is a DLP.

He's not a Pirlo esque orchestrator but that role doesn't really exist in the prem. Just look at Thiago at Liverpool. He's a flop in the prem because athleticism and press resistance is what you need to instigate plays as the 6 in the prem. Jorginho would still be amazing in Italy or Spain, useless in the prem now.

He has played this role since his Brighton days, covering the back 4 then from deep then passing the ball or dribbling forward into central areas. He clearly doesn’t have the passing range of a Rodri but he doesn’t typically play the box to box role, maybe he could but then again you would need to buy a deep playmaker to cover.

Romano is probably the most reputable journo out there when it comes to transfers. He has built his reputation on that and talking bollocks is the last thing he would do to get attention. I mean, he has almost 20 million followers on Twitter, it's not like he is trying desperately to make a name for himself. The fact he gets one wrong on the rare occasion (and there were mitigating circumstances here, what with the Xavi announcement) shouldn't detract from that.

This guy said he talked to the family when they were leaving Barcelona yesterday and that is still 50-50. He said is not true that Spurs just showed up. Spurs representatives went to Stockholm 10 days ago to meet him and the family.

View: https://twitter.com/WilfredBergqvi1/status/1753118464611406023?t=bpuW0MFJzeHhifSu5gxQyg&s=19

bergvallagent1.png

Bit uncalled for!

Sure he is a DLP.

He's not a Pirlo esque orchestrator but that role doesn't really exist in the prem. Just look at Thiago at Liverpool. He's a flop in the prem because athleticism and press resistance is what you need to instigate plays as the 6 in the prem. Jorginho would still be amazing in Italy or Spain, useless in the prem now.
Sure he is a DLP.

Regardless of whatever number or accronym one chooses to attach to him, fundamentally he is a ball carrier; not a playmaker.

Sure he is a DLP.

Modric would do a job at a high level in the Prem, so would Veratti, so would Kroos and Kimmich I reckon.

But generally the 6 position has changed so to a more physical approach as teams are starting to favour ball carriers over playmakers especially playing in a single pivot.

Rodri is the best because he can play forward, set tempo and ball carry

Sure he is a DLP.

Modric would do a job at a high level in the Prem, so would Veratti, so would Kroos and Kimmich I reckon.

But generally the 6 position has changed so to a more physical approach as teams are starting to favour ball carriers over playmakers especially playing in a single pivot.

Rodri is the best because he can play forward, set tempo and ball carry

Back
Top Bottom