January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well colour me surprised

veliz-on-his-way-to-sevilla-to-train-under-lamela-v0-egsfcvdppyfc1.jpeg
Someone shout @Lamela he'd genuinely enjoy it. I'm happy he'll be with a bloke who is still Spurs to his dark soul.

"LORD VELIZ...RISE"

darth vader GIF

Quote from a Swedish spurs group on Facebook.

**Lucas Bergvall: "My dream is to play in the Premier League."**

According to a credible Swedish ITK close to Lucas and his family, Lucas Bergvall has expressed his desire to play in the Premier League.

**Lucas Bergvall visited Spurs' facilities last week and was shown around by Dejan Kulusevski.**

Bergvall visited Tottenham Hotspur's training ground last week and was given a tour by Dejan Kulusevski, a Swedish international who plays for the club. Bergvall reportedly holds Spurs in high regard and likes the style of football played by manager Ange Postecoglu. The fact that former Brommapojkarna players Dejan Kulusevski and Amanda Elmstedt play for the club is also seen as a positive, as Bergvall himself comes from BP. Spurs representatives also visited Lucas in Stockholm a few days ago.

**Both Barcelona and Spurs have presented good offers, with Spurs offering a bid of £8.5 million (approx. SEK 112 million) and the opportunity to train with the first team and compete for playing time. Barcelona, on the other hand, can only offer development team football at the moment. A disadvantage with Barcelona is that coach Xavi, who persuaded him to join the club, is leaving in the summer. There is a risk that a new coach will not rate Lucas.**

I get what you are trying to say, but... come on. You know very well how effective all this FFP bullshit had been in past 5 years.

Sure, you can have half the turnover compared to ours. But then you make a sponsorship deal with state airlines for 100 mil per season - BOOM. New ffp headroom.
Not enough? Well, put the same airlines aircrafts full of "new fans" after you have paid for their "super-VIP" tickets, 5000 pounds per ticket, 200 ppl to one plane. That is 1 mil added "revenue" pumped into club with one plainful.
Still not enough?
Make a state-oil company your sleeve sponsor. 50 mil per season added again.
Still not enough?
Purchase a world most sought-after striker for 1/8th of the cost on paper, leave the club out of it and make a sponsorship deal directly between club owners and players relatives.

And so on.
I am honestly surprised the lack of creativity Newcastle has approached this thing.
Only team really punished was Everton who were not backed by Saudis. ManCity still is not punished for their shit.
Fair points, but you can creatively bump your revenue by 10-20% annually. Anything beyond that will look awfully suspicious and invite much more scrutiny in today's environment than it would have in years past.

On top of that, it's not like the other teams will be standing still (we definitely will not). So if they bump their's by 20% and we bump ours by 10%, that still leaves them with a lot of ground to catch up. They're not catching up with us anytime soon. They'll be the best of the rest and occasionally break into the top 4, but that'll be it for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom