Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The player before surgery and crying coming off I wouldn't of put down for 8 goals all season and he's done that in 8 or 9 games. This player since Newcastle is a completely different animal. The improvement in his touch and balance has been incredible. Everton fans were right.

Most of his goals are tap ins in all honestly...

Been playing better recently...but still not overall good enough.

But tap-ins are also goals that need to be scored, aren't they.
If Richie wouldn't have been there at that moment, it might have been 2:2 draw yesterday.

Also if 1 goal per game for side constantly missing key players during that run...
AND relentless pressing, hold-up play
AND shithousery to get to opposition heads is not enough...

then what is? Honestly curious to hear.

I've also been critical of him in the past. But this recent form is fucking remarkable and deserves massive respect.
Well done, Richie!

If Richie wouldn't have been there at that moment, it might have been 2:2 draw yesterday.

Also if 1 goal per game for side constantly missing key players during that run...

I've also been critical of him in the past. But this recent form is fucking remarkable and deserves massive respect.
Well done, Richie!
We’ve all been critical in the past and rightly so. He’s now fit and healthy,moving freely and doing the things a centre forward should do. He’s taking us up the pitch and getting into goal scoring positions and even if he misses a few then that’s fine because he’s a goal threat now. His work rate for 98 minutes last night was great to see. You can’t play well all the time but you can work your balls off every game and you’ll get your rewards.
Brennan Johnson take note.

He's shown with Brazil that he can score more than just tap-ins. That shot he took from outside the box last night so deserved to go in, was a brilliant effort
Regardless, I’ll HAPPILY take 20 tap-ins a year.
Underrated.
Often appears easy because the striker has been first to react to a ball or has been able to create (half) a yard of space for himself. Not so easy in the Prem.

Definitely I felt whatever about his ability it just wasn't going to work with us .I felt he had to buck a serious trend for him to prove he was worth signing .Always delighted to be wrong about a player turning things around for the better for us .Hopefully it continues from here on .

I defended him and have always been a fan (even stated i wanted us to sign him prior to him being linked with us).

That being said his upturn in form is a beautiful sight. He's always been a committed and hard working player here but didn't look a goal scoring threat until post surgery in which he now looks like the complete forward.

Cliché to say, but hes like a completely new player since returning from injury and surgery.

The work rate is always something we've seen with Richy, but the hold up play has been incredible. Yesterday, he really was brilliant. You can see why Everton fans loved him so much. He leaves it all out there.

Shame that strike from about 25/30 yards didn't fly into the top corner

Well done, Richie!
Regardless, I’ll HAPPILY take 20 tap-ins a year.
Underrated.

Often appears easy because the striker has been first to react to a ball or has been able to create (half) a yard of space for himself. Not so easy in the Prem.
100% this!
Tap-ins might be 'easy'... but it's the timing and anticipation that leads up to being in the position for an easy tap in that's the skill!!

Most of us COULD score a tap in... But most would not have the awareness, speed and reading of the build up to get into that position in the first place!

Until such a day where they start awarding 1 goal for a tap-in, but 2 goals for a 30 yard screamer or a Worldie, then a goal is a goal is a goal!!

The player before surgery and crying coming off I wouldn't of put down for 8 goals all season and he's done that in 8 or 9 games. This player since Newcastle is a completely different animal. The improvement in his touch and balance has been incredible. Everton fans were right.
its almost weird how much better his touch is now. why was he playing for so long with an injury if it impeded him that much.

glad hes getting his goals now, he deserves it. absolute dog out there who more than pulls his weight off the ball.

I see so many of our "fans" knocking one out on the regular about Darwen Nunez but giving Richy no love.

He ran his fucking bollox off again for 90 and I believe he has more PL goals now than Nunez and started less games.

Our fan base need to start giving him his due respect.

And yes I've changed my tune, I can see now that he is a different player since the surgery.

Darwin Nunez is a great worker, runs the channels, holds up the ball well, gets in good positions, links brilliantly. He is a 8 or 9 out of 10 player in every aspect but his finishing which is more 5 or 6 out of 10. Liverpool fans adore him (I know as I live up north and have family that follow Liverpool). In this respect Werner is similar, does mostly everything well but the finish. You can compare to Haaland who is a much better goal scorer but far weaker than Darwin Nunez in the build up play.

Richarlison is a great box striker, comes alive in the box, better finisher than Darwin and works as hard as him but perhaps not as good in the build up or running the channels.

Both Richarlison and Darwin are great players who get laughed at but are very valuable to their teams.

Probably could make a thread about players that get laughed at but are actually really important to their teams

- Werner (I think he will anyway)
- Richarlison
- Darwin Nunez
- Luke Shaw
- Wan Bissaka

Probably could make a thread about players that get laughed at but are actually really important to their teams

- Werner (I think he will anyway)
- Richarlison
- Darwin Nunez
- Luke Shaw
- Wan Bissaka

Who laughs at Shaw? He's generally just considered a really good LB isn't he?

Other than for being a bit on the chubbier side.

Back
Top Bottom