January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

veliz-on-his-way-to-sevilla-to-train-under-lamela-v0-egsfcvdppyfc1.jpeg

It's deadline day and 7 hours before the window slams shut, and we've managed a total of 9 pages on the transfer fred. Where are the usual whiners to get the pace to pick up a bit?

It's deadline day and 7 hours before the window slams shut, and we've managed a total of 9 pages on the transfer fred. Where are the usual whiners to get the pace to pick up a bit?
If we don’t act a like big club and invest the £100M received when we sold the best striker in the world. I’m still expecting Oshimen

From El Nacional in Catalonia...

Bergvall has many doubts about Barça's project, final surprise

Lucas Bergvall moves away from Barça in the final hours of the market

Lucas Bergvall was considered a closed signing at Barcelona for this winter transfer window. Everything was agreed, and it seemed only a matter of time before he passed the relevant medical examination, to stamp his signature on the contract, and be presented with immediate effect, a few hours before the end of the winter market. But there has been a dramatic turn in events, after it became known that Xavi Hernandez will not remain the manager next campaign.

Apparently, the talented footballer born in 2006, who would start with the reserve team, was a personal bet of the Terrassa manager. He was convinced that he could be an important pillar in the near future, provided he passed the period of acclimatization to Spanish football. The serious injury of Pablo Paéz 'Gavi', the constant physical problems of Pedri González and the more than likely departure in the summer of pieces such as Oriol Romeu or Sergi Roberto made it very likely that he would have space in the first team.

But everything has come to a standstill after the Sweden international received the news that the former Al Sadd man will leave Camp Nou. Joan Laporta and Deco do not seem to have the same conviction with the still modest Djugarden player, despite the fact that there was already an agreement for a figure slightly less than 10 million euros for him to join the discipline. And this has made him leave Barcelona without signing anything.

Ange Postecoglou will meet with him in the next few hours, to try to get him to stay in London, and definitively rule out the idea of wearing Barça.

:troll:

Easy to see why we are interested in him, plays exactly like Frankie De Jong, looks crazy good for 17 with his control, balance and strength.

Will give Bissouma direct competition for the deep lying playmaker role if we get him.

Interesting that Xavi's departure has changed the situation.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrLyn9rcc9g

Last edited:
Easy to see why we are interested in him, plays exactly like Frankie De Jong, looks crazy good for 17 with his control, balance and strength.

Will give Bissouma direct competition for the deep lying playmaker role if we get him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrLyn9rcc9g

Always thought de Jong was the perfect Ange ball player.

Links to these type of players fills me with excitement when it comes to future recruitment. I just hope someone like Redondo is popping up for these data nerds

Always thought de Jong was the perfect Ange ball player.

Links to these type of players fills me with excitement when it comes to future recruitment. I just hope someone like Redondo is popping up for these data nerds

Agreed, at the moment our only true player similar is Bissouma and while brilliant can also be slightly erratic. Bentancur can cover that role but I still think he is a box to box more than a deep playmaker.

I think we need more than one natural number 6 in the squad, this would be a good buy unless they think Tyrese Hall is ready to step up which I suspect is too early.

From El Nacional in Catalonia...

Bergvall has many doubts about Barça's project, final surprise

Lucas Bergvall moves away from Barça in the final hours of the market

Lucas Bergvall was considered a closed signing at Barcelona for this winter transfer window. Everything was agreed, and it seemed only a matter of time before he passed the relevant medical examination, to stamp his signature on the contract, and be presented with immediate effect, a few hours before the end of the winter market. But there has been a dramatic turn in events, after it became known that Xavi Hernandez will not remain the manager next campaign.

Apparently, the talented footballer born in 2006, who would start with the reserve team, was a personal bet of the Terrassa manager. He was convinced that he could be an important pillar in the near future, provided he passed the period of acclimatization to Spanish football. The serious injury of Pablo Paéz 'Gavi', the constant physical problems of Pedri González and the more than likely departure in the summer of pieces such as Oriol Romeu or Sergi Roberto made it very likely that he would have space in the first team.

But everything has come to a standstill after the Sweden international received the news that the former Al Sadd man will leave Camp Nou. Joan Laporta and Deco do not seem to have the same conviction with the still modest Djugarden player, despite the fact that there was already an agreement for a figure slightly less than 10 million euros for him to join the discipline. And this has made him leave Barcelona without signing anything.

Ange Postecoglou will meet with him in the next few hours, to try to get him to stay in London, and definitively rule out the idea of wearing Barça.

:troll:
Why is it in red??? Kill it, kill it with fire now!

What was funny was the fact that Newcastle have less than half of our turnover, yet people thought they would overtake us in a season or two. Also given that UEFA had already published the new guidelines, where teams can't spend more than 70% of their turnover on wages + transfers by 2025/26, and Newcastle is at 95% of turnover on wages alone. The PL's FFP rules actually having some bite is just an added bonus, but it would have been hard for Newcastle regardless.

I get what you are trying to say, but... come on. You know very well how effective all this FFP bullshit had been in past 5 years.

Sure, you can have half the turnover compared to ours. But then you make a sponsorship deal with state airlines for 100 mil per season - BOOM. New ffp headroom.
Not enough? Well, put the same airlines aircrafts full of "new fans" after you have paid for their "super-VIP" tickets, 5000 pounds per ticket, 200 ppl to one plane. That is 1 mil added "revenue" pumped into club with one plainful.
Still not enough?
Make a state-oil company your sleeve sponsor. 50 mil per season added again.
Still not enough?
Purchase a world most sought-after striker for 1/8th of the cost on paper, leave the club out of it and make a sponsorship deal directly between club owners and players relatives.

And so on.
I am honestly surprised the lack of creativity Newcastle has approached this thing.
Only team really punished was Everton who were not backed by Saudis. ManCity still is not punished for their shit.

Back
Top Bottom